Diet Critique? - AnabolicMinds.com

Diet Critique?

1. New Member

Diet Critique?

I'm 6'8 265 and am trying to get down to the 240's by august. I am currently on t3 (tapered up, running at 150 for duration, slow taper down in a couple months) and clen (2 weeks on 2 weeks off) but am going to switch from clen to ECA in late june to mix things up, after i give my receptors some time off.

Current Diet Cycle
    2 low carb days, then one carb/fat load day

Sample Low Carb Day (meals 2.5-3 hours apart)
    6 egg whites, 1 scoop protein shake in water, apple
    8oz fish, 2oz yam
    8oz chicken, 1.5 cups broccoli
    8oz 96% lean ground meat, 5 strawberries
    8oz chicken, 1.5 cups asparagus
    2 scoops casein/whey blend in water, 1 spoon soy butter (peanut butter substitute)

I was recommended to be taking only 4-6 oz of meat with each meal but that seems extremely low to me, espeically since I'm 6'8 265. I can lower this if you think that was good advice, though.

The only meals I keep constant are the first and last. The other ones I just mix around so I dont get tired of them. Some days I'll eat chicken 4 times, sometimes meat twice and fish twice, etc etc

On my carb/fat load day, i add another 2oz of yam to each meal (except last) and a tablespoon of soy butter (allergic to peanuts) or flax seeds

I drink 2 scoops purple wraath, and 1 scoop green magnitude while i'm lifting, and i drink 1 scoop protein and 2 scoops carbs after workout (i still time my meals every 2.5-3 hours and dont count this PWO shake as a meal)

Can you guys critique this? Any input would be great

2. New Member

Protein should be 1g/lb-bw, so for you your protein should be 265g total for the day.

CARBS-there are all kinds of ways to do this. How i do it is on my workout days i take in 1-1.5g carbs/lb-bw and on non workout days i will take my protein up to 1.5g/lb-bw and drop my carbs to .25-.5g/lb-bw.

Fats-.25g/lb-bw(from good sources)

This should put you around 10 cals/ lb-bw. As you lose weight you adjust your macros accordingly.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Are you allergic to only peanuts or all nuts? I would recommend almond or cashew butter if you are not allergic, but other than that, your protein consumption looks solid and your carb rotation is well though out.

Two questions:
    1. What are you using to combat the lethargy and catabolism of T3?
    2. What is your post-WO meal exactly?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Are you allergic to only peanuts or all nuts? I would recommend almond or cashew butter if you are not allergic, but other than that, your protein consumption looks solid and your carb rotation is well though out.

Two questions:
    1. What are you using to combat the lethargy and catabolism of T3?
    2. What is your post-WO meal exactly?
    I'm allergic to all kinds of nuts so i dont have too many choices in the peanut-butter-replacement category. Only thing I have found that I can eat is Soy and Sunflower Seed Butter. Which is better from those two? Or should I just stick to flax and fish oil?

I've been using some thermogenetics like Lean Tabs and Hydroxycut Hardcore to give me some extra kick on my off weeks from clen. To tell you the truth though, i dont feel very lethargic at all. I can't even tell that I'm on T3, but I read that's normal for some people.

I do my planning for the gym so that I eat a meal about an hour before lifting, lift for an hour while drinking 20g purple wraath and a scoop of creatine ester (green mag at the moment, soon to be cell mass again), hit cardio for 20 mins, then drink my post workout shake (1 30g scoop ON 100% whey, 2 30g scoops CytoCarb because I left my malto/dex carb mix at school for the summer), then I will drive home and have my next meal after taking a shower. I usually do something relatively fast-digesting like chicken or egg whites and an apple.

I have previously tried doing my PWO shake and then eating chicken/high GI carbs a half hour or less after finishing my workout, but I didnt like the way that made me feel. I always felt bloated and the weight wasnt coming off as quickly as I wanted.

Along with the clen, t3, purple wraath, and green mag I am also taking a multi twice daily and a gram of fish oil with each meal. Starting tomorrow, I am adding some herbs into my supplement arsenal as well.... cinnamon, ginger root, kelp and chromium. I might add some (cycled) L-Carnitine also.

I dont know how much the herbs are going to help, but I get them super cheap at GNC (plus I get my employee discount... I know its GNC, but hey its a decent summer job for a student). My friend is preparing for a competition and has taken that herb stack along with ECA, and he looks great so I figured I'd give it a shot. Nothing to lose but a few bucks
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Go with sunflower seed instead of soy.

Also, you are not taking any AAS with the T3? Most would not agree with that and it can, and probably will, lead to muscle loss.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. New Member

Go with sunflower seed instead of soy.

Also, you are not taking any anabolic steroids with the T3? Most would not agree with that and it can, and probably will, lead to muscle loss.
    I'm not taking any AAS as of the moment. I was taking superdrol at the beginning of my T3 cycle, but have since come off of it and also completed the PCT (tamox, ATD). I considered doing another cycle of superdrol but I want to have enough off time before my bulk (test e 500/wk for 15 weeks, dbol 30-40/wk for 6 weeks) begins in late august.

That doesnt leave me many choices for what to do, but it looks like I should probably start coming down off of the T3 if I want to save some muscle. I guess I can still lose a decent bit with proper diet, cardio, and clen. Is this what you would suggest doing?

I'm going to do another 2 week cycle of clen and then take 2 weeks off, then switch to ECA for a while (starting mid june) to mix things up.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dsw222 View Post
    I'm not taking any anabolic steroids as of the moment. I was taking superdrol at the beginning of my T3 cycle, but have since come off of it and also completed the post cycle therapy (tamox, ATD). I considered doing another cycle of superdrol but I want to have enough off time before my bulk (test e 500/wk for 15 weeks, dbol 30-40/wk for 6 weeks) begins in late august.

That doesnt leave me many choices for what to do, but it looks like I should probably start coming down off of the T3 if I want to save some muscle. I guess I can still lose a decent bit with proper diet, cardio, and clen. Is this what you would suggest doing?

I'm going to do another 2 week cycle of clen and then take 2 weeks off, then switch to ECA for a while (starting mid june) to mix things up.
    The basis of your cut should be your diet and training, not the supps you include.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. New Member

The basis of your cut should be your diet and training, not the supps you include.
    For training, I have been doing cardio in the morning for 20-30 mins when I wake up (after drinking 1 scoop purple wraath). Then I'll have my first meal after a shower

Later in the day I hit the weights for about an hour followed by 20 mins of cardio. I'm just sticking with my regular 5 day split lifting schedule. I still go 12-10-8 or 10-8-6 or 8-8-8 for my rep scheme but i added in some drop sets, supersets and stuff like that to mix it up and get higher volume.

Do you think I should taper down and off of the T3 to prevent muscle loss? This is my first time using it, so I'm not exactly experienced with it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bulking diet critique (YellowJacket??)
    By Blazer88 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-20-2011, 10:51 AM
  2. Bulking diet, critique please
    By DrBobbo in forum Bulking
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 10:38 PM
  3. Diet Critique please..
    By Kristopher in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 10:34 AM
  4. Begining of my bulk/mass gain diet - critique please