Does Sleeping at night verses the day time matter for gain muscle?

Does sleeping "normal hours" produce better gains?

• Yes, normal hours between 10-12--6-8, give or take are the best.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No not at all, thats ridiculous

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Not so much, as long as you block light out but for overall healthiness normal is best

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I dont sleep enough to really know

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I vote Number three. natural melatonin is produced , esp when totally dark, and there isnt a question at night. I think sleeping normal hours has more benifits, like getting sunshine in the morning, which boost testostrone, overall healthiness.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
IMO being in sync with the circadium rythm is optimal.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes i sleep after work which is an 8am-4pm shift, sleep from 5-7 or 8ish and sometimes i feel weak when i wake up. I even have shake before i nap casue work is a little taxing on me. So in perosnaly i'd say only at night. OR maybe my body just hates me.

nootropolis

nootropolis

Awards
I vote Number three. natural melatonin is produced , esp when totally dark, and there isnt a question at night. I think sleeping normal hours has more benifits, like getting sunshine in the morning, which boost testostrone, overall healthiness.
the problem is even if you started doing all that, your natural way for the past decades is in opposition, i see problems occuring, also you forgot to mention natural temperature fluctuations

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Sleep is sleep imo. Consistency of when you sleep is important because it keeps your body operating in a more efficient manner. But the time of day when you sleep doesn't mean **** I think. A lot of MMA fighters don't go to bed until 4-5am because their fights are not until 10pm and later and they want to not be tired when they fight. Those guys are nuts when it comes to body reparation so I don't think they would be doing this if it mattered that much. or maybe i'm just dumb? :fool2:

loner

loner

Awards
I heard that too much light artificial or natural after about 6pm and later on around 11pm 12am keeps cortisol level elevated ,forgot what book I read it in..

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sucks for me cuz ive been nocturnal for years....maybe id be 300lbs @ 10% bf if i slept during normal times like the rest of the world...........im passing out as i speak.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
We're all biologically pre-programmed with a circadian rhythm that causes a reduction in body temperature and cortisol levels, but an increase in growth hormone and melatonin production during the night hours. This allows for a more restful and deeper period of sleep. And I think there's been comparisons showing that those that sleep at night feel more rested than those that get the same amount of sleep in the day, but I can't find exact studies right now.

However, light is the primary cue in controlling circadian rhythm, so if one is especially careful about finding a very dark place to sleep in the day, sleep might be just as restful as if it were night. Even a slight presence of an intense light source, like the sun, will cause cortisol levels to rise and disrupt the correct hormonal balance that occurs in night-time sleep.

So I voted for the third option. Our bodies have evolved such that they expect a period of low-activity during the night when it is best to recover and repair from a day's worth of activities. And so it's night that will provide the most natural and convenient way to get more restful sleep, which we know helps with gaining muscle. Most people could probably eventually adjust well to sleeping in the day so long as they find someplace dark for themselves.

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
All I know is when I was working 12 hour graveyard shifts I lost about 30 pounds. At least half or more was muscle.