Cardio race - Should I carbohydrate load?

1. Registered User

Cardio race - Should I carbohydrate load?

Well I have a timed event tommarow, and I want to give it my all. I have been eating fairly clean, eating smaller portions and staying away considerably well from lots of simple sugars and unnecessary unhealthy fats.
    I've been eating a moderate amount of carbohydrates, but I could definitly eat a ton more (maybe at 300g per day). I am on Anabolic Pump too, if that madders.

My event is tommarow, and I'm considering "carb loading". Is this effective? Over-carb today by ~100-200 grams? I'll be starting at 0630 tommarow, so dinner tonight is one of the last larger meal I'll be eating. Should I bulk up with the noodles at the dining hall? Eat some more back at the dorm doing homework? Or keep the same simple diet that I had going in?

Thanks

2. Registered User

I would. I would prefer to have a lil extra in my liver and muscles than just enough. Why hold back just to be a good looking loser?

how did the race go?
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by motiv8er View Post
    I would. I would prefer to have a lil extra in my liver and muscles than just enough. Why hold back just to be a good looking loser?

how did the race go?
    True that. Well, it wasn't really a race, but rather the Army Physical Fitness Test. I'm already contracted with another department, but I joined up the local ROTC program for the minor and a good time.
    I DID TERRIBLE. But thanks for asking hahaha. I ran the 2 mile in 14:12, and I know I could have done so much better. Way too slow of a pace for the majority of the event. Months ago on the last test I ran a 14:30, and I know for certain that I'm faster now. I did overcarb the day before, and was able to max out the other two portions of the test with ease though, pushups and situps. Last time I was borderline maxing, making one and just missing the other. So it might have definetly helped there too... mmmm carbs...
    •   

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    True that. Well, it wasn't really a race, but rather the Army Physical Fitness Test. I'm already contracted with another department, but I joined up the local ROTC program for the minor and a good time.
    I DID TERRIBLE. But thanks for asking hahaha. I ran the 2 mile in 14:12, and I know I could have done so much better. Way too slow of a pace for the majority of the event. Months ago on the last test I ran a 14:30, and I know for certain that I'm faster now. I did overcarb the day before, and was able to max out the other two portions of the test with ease though, pushups and situps. Last time I was borderline maxing, making one and just missing the other. So it might have definetly helped there too... mmmm carbs...
    Dude, that's a respectable time.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 11:31 PM
  2. Should I start doing light cardio? PICS
    By jjm in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 10:13 AM
  3. how long should one front load SD ancilaries?
    By nmarco37 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2005, 09:40 PM
  4. when should I up the cardio?
    By hamper19 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 11:26 AM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 01:46 PM