Cardio race - Should I carbohydrate load?

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Well I have a timed event tommarow, and I want to give it my all. I have been eating fairly clean, eating smaller portions and staying away considerably well from lots of simple sugars and unnecessary unhealthy fats.
I've been eating a moderate amount of carbohydrates, but I could definitly eat a ton more (maybe at 300g per day). I am on Anabolic Pump too, if that madders.

My event is tommarow, and I'm considering "carb loading". Is this effective? Over-carb today by ~100-200 grams? I'll be starting at 0630 tommarow, so dinner tonight is one of the last larger meal I'll be eating. Should I bulk up with the noodles at the dining hall? Eat some more back at the dorm doing homework? Or keep the same simple diet that I had going in?

Thanks

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I would. I would prefer to have a lil extra in my liver and muscles than just enough. Why hold back just to be a good looking loser?

how did the race go?

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
I would. I would prefer to have a lil extra in my liver and muscles than just enough. Why hold back just to be a good looking loser?

how did the race go?
True that. Well, it wasn't really a race, but rather the Army Physical Fitness Test. I'm already contracted with another department, but I joined up the local ROTC program for the minor and a good time.
I DID TERRIBLE. But thanks for asking hahaha. I ran the 2 mile in 14:12, and I know I could have done so much better. Way too slow of a pace for the majority of the event. Months ago on the last test I ran a 14:30, and I know for certain that I'm faster now. I did overcarb the day before, and was able to max out the other two portions of the test with ease though, pushups and situps. Last time I was borderline maxing, making one and just missing the other. So it might have definetly helped there too... mmmm carbs...

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
True that. Well, it wasn't really a race, but rather the Army Physical Fitness Test. I'm already contracted with another department, but I joined up the local ROTC program for the minor and a good time.
I DID TERRIBLE. But thanks for asking hahaha. I ran the 2 mile in 14:12, and I know I could have done so much better. Way too slow of a pace for the majority of the event. Months ago on the last test I ran a 14:30, and I know for certain that I'm faster now. I did overcarb the day before, and was able to max out the other two portions of the test with ease though, pushups and situps. Last time I was borderline maxing, making one and just missing the other. So it might have definetly helped there too... mmmm carbs...
Dude, that's a respectable time.