Glycogen stores and timing
- 04-27-2007, 02:27 PM
- 04-27-2007, 07:05 PM
Liver glycogen will be almost 100% resynthesized after one good carb meal (50-75gr) and total muscle glycogen resynthesis takes up to 11 hours.
Best formula for repletion is 1gr of carbs/2lbs of lean body weight, with protein being at 1:4 or 1:3 ratio with the carbs.
So something like 50gr carbs and 12.5-17gr of protein every hour for 4 hours, and if you cant do that at night, continue to do so in the morning.
Similar Forum Threads
- By CDB in forum Training ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 12-01-2012, 11:31 AM
- By loony41 in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 12-13-2006, 08:59 PM
- By massmonster in forum SupplementsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-19-2006, 07:15 PM
- By azgymrat in forum AnabolicsReplies: 9Last Post: 03-28-2005, 08:30 PM
- By Brendan6787 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-01-2003, 01:41 PM