intravenous nutrient therapy

  1. Board Supporter
    PHWSSJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    357
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    25.99%

    intravenous nutrient therapy


    has anyone heard of this?

    i used to go to a doc that would do this for me. This stuff realy makes a difference. Getting vitamins and minerals through an IV is like night and day from oral.
    but its expensive, like $100 a week i used to pay. It was worth it i just couldnt afford it.

    Does anyone know where to get vitamins and minerals for IV use?

    I know how to give myself an IV .. and getting one is not a problem, the problem is finding the injectable vitamins and minerals.

  2. Senior Member
    dlew308's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,647
    Rep Power
    923
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    9.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    That's pretty hardcore, why not just eat the right foods?
  3. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,714
    Rep Power
    513546
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    89.72%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I've always wanted to try the high dose vitamin C IV therapy just out of curiosity. Poliquin talks about it a lot as a performance booster.

    I tried googling for the IV C and didn't find any actual sources..just lots of protocol information.
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    ms84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    199
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    7.75%

    i had found a couple of places, but i never thouroughly checked them out. i will try to find them for you, as i too am still interested.
  5. Board Supporter
    PHWSSJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    357
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    25.99%

    Quote Originally Posted by ms84 View Post
    i had found a couple of places, but i never thouroughly checked them out. i will try to find them for you, as i too am still interested.
    your awesome!
  6. Board Supporter
    PHWSSJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    357
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    25.99%

    Quote Originally Posted by dlew308 View Post
    That's pretty hardcore, why not just eat the right foods?
    the food we eat these days is crap.....

    "why not just eat the right foods?" come on bro... here's a question for you.. why take steroids????
  7. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057411
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by PHWSSJ View Post
    the food we eat these days is crap.....

    "why not just eat the right foods?" come on bro... here's a question for you.. why take steroids????
    WRONG... the food YOU eat these days is crap. Don't jump down on someone else for making an observation. ESPECIALLY trying to validate your argument by comparing that to steroid use. if you are going to debunk someone, at least make the argument valid/in the same ballpark.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  8. Board Supporter
    PHWSSJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    357
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    25.99%

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    WRONG... the food YOU eat these days is crap. Don't jump down on someone else for making an observation. ESPECIALLY trying to validate your argument by comparing that to steroid use. if you are going to debunk someone, at least make the argument valid/in the same ballpark.

    Adams
    so you dont think that most of the food produced in this country is not depleted of nutrients and filled with hormones pesticieds and chemicals?????????

    taking a nutrient IV is much better than taking steroids, there is no argument about that.
  9. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057411
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by PHWSSJ View Post
    so you dont think that most of the food produced in this country is not depleted of nutrients and filled with hormones pesticieds and chemicals?????????

    taking a nutrient IV is much better than taking steroids, there is no argument about that.
    There is no argument about that.. because that IS NOT what this topic was about... and I wasnt saying using the IV Nutrients was a bad deal.... I was getting on you for attacking anothers opinion of the subject.

    Most of the food produced IN EVERY COUNTRY is the same way, there is not a farmer these now that wont use some chemicals to make more of a profit... be it here, or australia.... and it is not hard to eat food not altered. Albeit it will be a bit more expensive.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  10. Board Supporter
    PHWSSJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    357
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    25.99%

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    There is no argument about that.. because that IS NOT what this topic was about... and I wasnt saying using the IV Nutrients was a bad deal.... I was getting on you for attacking anothers opinion of the subject.

    Most of the food produced IN EVERY COUNTRY is the same way, there is not a farmer these now that wont use some chemicals to make more of a profit... be it here, or australia.... and it is not hard to eat food not altered. Albeit it will be a bit more expensive.

    Adams
    the guy was attaking me for no reason, it was a stupid comment.

    IV is just a much better way to get vitamins and minerals into your body and can help with lots of illnesses.... far superior to injesting vitamins oraly.

    why the guy was bashing me for wanting to be healthier, i dont know.. and why you are adding to his stupid ass comment is also beyond me.

    Excuse me for trying to find the best way to take in nutrients for my body.



    so back to the topic.. does anybody know where to find vitamins, minerals, amno acids for IV's????
  11. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057411
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by PHWSSJ View Post
    the guy was attaking me for no reason, it was a stupid comment.

    IV is just a much better way to get vitamins and minerals into your body and can help with lots of illnesses.... far superior to injesting vitamins oraly.

    why the guy was bashing me for wanting to be healthier, i dont know.. and why you are adding to his stupid ass comment is also beyond me.

    Excuse me for trying to find the best way to take in nutrients for my body.



    so back to the topic.. does anybody know where to find vitamins, minerals, amno acids for IV's????
    OR MAYBE.. just maybe, he didnt mean any offense to it, and rather just asked a simple question. That is exactly what it looks like to me. Hence why I didnt understand you pulling a defensive position.

    Anyway... enjoy your search.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  12. Board Supporter
    Nitrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,303
    Rep Power
    804
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    12.03%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by PHWSSJ View Post
    the guy was attaking me for no reason, it was a stupid comment.
    I don't think he was trying to bash you. Remember that this is a discussion forum and that sometimes we read more into what people post than what their intent was.

    IMO it was a blunt way of questioning whether IV nutrition is indeed superior to the conventional method. We often see people trying to 'outthink' or outperform the human body's natural systems that are a result of a lot of evolution without investigating all the unknowns. Are the man made nutrient cocktails comparable to the profiles in whole food? Are there checks and balances in the digestive system that would be bypassed by using IV? Is the process even cost effective?

    Quote Originally Posted by PHWSSJ View Post
    IV is just a much better way to get vitamins and minerals into your body and can help with lots of illnesses.... far superior to injesting vitamins oraly.
    This is a pretty bold statement so please excuse me if I'm skeptical. What do you base this on? Are there studies that are applicable to normal healthy individuals without conditions such as digestive problems that would impair normal nutrient absorption or otherwise individuals not suffering from a nutrient deficiency?
  13. Board Supporter
    PHWSSJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    357
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    25.99%

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox View Post
    I don't think he was trying to bash you. Remember that this is a discussion forum and that sometimes we read more into what people post than what their intent was.

    IMO it was a blunt way of questioning whether IV nutrition is indeed superior to the conventional method. We often see people trying to 'outthink' or outperform the human body's natural systems that are a result of a lot of evolution without investigating all the unknowns. Are the man made nutrient cocktails comparable to the profiles in whole food? Are there checks and balances in the digestive system that would be bypassed by using IV? Is the process even cost effective?


    This is a pretty bold statement so please excuse me if I'm skeptical. What do you base this on? Are there studies that are applicable to normal healthy individuals without conditions such as digestive problems that would impair normal nutrient absorption or otherwise individuals not suffering from a nutrient deficiency?
    well the process is cost effective if you can do it yourself and not pay a doctor... that is what i am trying to figure out.

    ya i probably jumped the gun... sorry about that

    as far as it being superior, yes there are lots of medical studies supporting it.

    i for one have experienced this first hand.
    an iv just works better. when i cut weight for a fight... i use an iv to rehydrate. you feel like new again within an hour.
    lots of fighters do it actually.
  14. Senior Member
    dlew308's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,647
    Rep Power
    923
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    9.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    sorry, i didn't mean to come off as bashing ya...just my innocent reply
  15. Board Supporter
    PHWSSJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    357
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    25.99%

    Quote Originally Posted by dlew308 View Post
    sorry, i didn't mean to come off as bashing ya...just my innocent reply
    its all good bro!

    it was my bad... its so easy to misinterpret something and pop off.
  16. New Member
    bodyfort's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    143
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    47.28%

    I have a couple of source but iv? not my type of injection. Im kaing a gel out of it
  17. Board Supporter
    RipdnTxs2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    577
    Rep Power
    406
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    52.23%

    I went to my Doc. today and got a 25 gram dose of vitamin C through an IV. I lrft work early today to get it, because ALOT of people I work with are sick with a virus which has lasted a week for most of them. I feel achy and just crappy like I feel before getting sick, so it will be interesting to see if this helps. My Doc. suggested to come back again on Monday if I felt no better and get 50 grams the second round, at 75.00 a bag this better help, will try and update in a day or so....
  18. Advanced Member
    wearedbleedblue's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    754
    Rep Power
    503
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    60.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by RipdnTxs View Post
    I went to my Doc. today and got a 25 gram dose of vitamin C through an IV. I lrft work early today to get it, because ALOT of people I work with are sick with a virus which has lasted a week for most of them. I feel achy and just crappy like I feel before getting sick, so it will be interesting to see if this helps. My Doc. suggested to come back again on Monday if I felt no better and get 50 grams the second round, at 75.00 a bag this better help, will try and update in a day or so....
    Vitamin C does not help with your immune system and will not reduce the duration of a cold. It may make you feel better but it interferes with the natural antiox system of the body at that high of a dose and can actually generate free radicals of its own. Vitamin C is usually kept under 1000mg for cancer patients because of the extra damage it can cause. Just an FYI
  19. New Member
    nicksmith3's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  85 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    73
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    8.83%

    Quote Originally Posted by wearedbleedblue View Post
    Vitamin C does not help with your immune system and will not reduce the duration of a cold. It may make you feel better but it interferes with the natural antiox system of the body at that high of a dose and can actually generate free radicals of its own. Vitamin C is usually kept under 1000mg for cancer patients because of the extra damage it can cause. Just an FYI
    Ahh, interesting stuff. Anymore knowledge on the contra-implications of excess vit C?
  20. Advanced Member
    wearedbleedblue's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    754
    Rep Power
    503
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    60.7%

    I'll try to dig up some studies tomorrow, its too late here now.
  21. Board Supporter
    RipdnTxs2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    577
    Rep Power
    406
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    52.23%

    I felt a little tired over the weekend, but so far this week I feel pretty good with no real virus effect, both my kids are home sick with it now. I would also be interested in any info either way on this. I think the IV made a big difference, as everyone I know that has had this was sick at least 4-5 days.....
  22. New Member
    joelast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    25
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    192
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    7.95%

    Me and some buddies always joke about taking a protein shake intraveniously... not really on topic seeing as how proteins have to be digested to be used and it would prolly **** you up real good.

    But this do it youself vitamin IV seems pretty shady, I cant imagine just chillin in my room with a needle in my arm trying to get vitamins.
  23. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    1475609
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    66.79%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    There is some research out of Germany showing using IV vitamin mix with like 20g or something of Vit C used with cancer patients allowed Chemitherapy to be used at 1/3 of the normal dose with the same good effects. A chiropracter in town who is like president of the Midwest chiropracter association is a huge alternative medicine guy that likes to use natual methods along with medical. Smart guy, does a lot of IV stuff.

    I think getting that IV stuff may be tough without a type of medical Liscense. I have seen injectable vitamins from vet supplies but not IV I don't believe. Have been interested in Vit C from reading Poliquin as well....

  24. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    1475609
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    66.79%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

  25. Advanced Member
    wearedbleedblue's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    754
    Rep Power
    503
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    60.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Chargerfball25 View Post
    The only problem with that high of a dose of Vitamin C is that it becomes a free radical on its own, causing damage in its own right. It may help with chemotherapy but to just use it on a normal, healthy individual is more harm than good in my opinion.
  26. Registered User
    CHAPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,380
    Rep Power
    2870
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    55.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Found a place near me that would do the 180grams like Poliquin does, problem is it's $200 for per 100g's and Poliquin had his guys do this twice a week for 4 weeks! So that's a nice $1600 or investment, i think for that kinda money your better off picking up some gh.
  27. New Member
    PublicEnemy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    472
    Rep Power
    70169
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    79.64%

    The only problem with that high of a dose of Vitamin C is that it becomes a free radical on its own, causing damage in its own right. It may help with chemotherapy but to just use it on a normal, healthy individual is more harm than good in my opinion.
    Reading through this thread I had the same thought... excessive dosages of anti-oxidants usually act as auto-oxidants once the dose is high enough... a 25 gram dose of Vitamin C, let alone delivered intraveneously, sounds insane to me.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. test therapy for women
    By Sanosuke in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 10:27 AM
  2. Alpha Lipoic Acid Nutrient Partitioning Properties?
    By LunaHotel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 02:55 PM
  3. physical therapy= rough cardio
    By Zack in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-27-2003, 03:07 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2003, 01:21 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-23-2002, 12:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in