PWO after weights/HIIT?

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
I just started to add HIIT after my weights session. I read you should wait an hour to eat after HIIT, but I figure that's by itself. How about after weights/HIIT? Right now I take 3 scoops Xtend PRE, then 3 scoops PWO.
Soon I'll be on Purple Wraath

The G Train

The G Train

Awards
  • Established
I'd increase the amount of carbs PWO than you would have normally taken before adding the HIIT in. I'd shoot for 1gr per kilogram of lean body weight within 40min of ending your workout.

RexGrandis

RexGrandis

Awards
If all you are having before and after ii BCAAs's, then weights coupled with HIIT will surely lead to muscle breakdown.

I find it best to have a light meal consisting of low-gi carbs and protein about 1 hour before HIIT, it provides you with energy to reach maximum intensity and saves muscle, but there's a great deal of disagreement on that topic.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Why are you doing HIIT after weights? Your bodies main fuel source for weight training is carbs. So you exhaust carbs then do HIIT which pulls from carbs as well. SOunds like a good way to breakdown muscle tissue. I would keep HIIT to another time in the day or off days from weights. I'd recommend low intensity cardio after weights keeping your HR 65%max. Fat is the fuel source so is will spare muslce as much as possible.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
I added it to change things up. I was doing light cardio after weights but felt I hit a plateau or something. I work out during lunch time, so I do eat a couple of hours before the gym and right afterwards.