How bad is diet soda? Will it interact with supplements? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

How bad is diet soda? Will it interact with supplements?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

No kidding.

I'm sure somewhere there was a person who "ate 10 apples a day" and got brain cancer, too.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.

I drink 3-4 Muscle Milk shakes per day and don't have a cold...maybe that's a cure?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Or it could be the power of posting on AM.com
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.

Hmmm...very possible!
  5. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

I thought I would chip in and agree with kwyck here (wtf is going on?).

There is no evidence that aspartame or sucralose are detrimental to your health or physique; none.

On a side note, jjohn, you are a supplement whore. To the effect that you made countless numbers of ridiculous posts and threads in order to garner free supplements. For you, to question the efficacy of artificial sweetners after consuming copius amounts of similarly untested supplements is ridiculous.

[not picking on you, just proving a point]
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

When would we not agree? WTF? I <3 joo.
  7. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Awwww. Fanks poo-poo bear!

We totally p0wnz n00Bz n' ****!
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Its hard to argue a point from your knees, doesnt mean its not a good point, lol.

Im honored my 2000th post could be such filth.
  9. New Member

what do you think they sweeten all of your delicious protein shakes, creatines, pre-workout cocktails, etc. with?? artificial sweeteners! just thought that was an interesting point. You dont need to just drink diet soda to have a rather large consumption of artificial sweeteners. Even the most avid anti-diet soda bodybuilder probably takes in a relatively massive dose w/ their shakes, and other workout-related drinks
  10. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by HARDtotheCORE View Post
    what do you think they sweeten all of your delicious protein shakes, creatines, pre-workout cocktails, etc. with?? artificial sweeteners! just thought that was an interesting point. You dont need to just drink diet soda to have a rather large consumption of artificial sweeteners. Even the most avid anti-diet soda bodybuilder probably takes in a relatively massive dose w/ their shakes, and other workout-related drinks

true dat, some things are 100% unavoidable but others like protein shakes are easily solved. companies like optimum nutrition are coming up with an all natural no artifical sweetner protein.

coincidence? maybe...
    everybody who is interested should look into this and make up you own mind. if you feel the evidence(circumstantial or whatever) mounts against them do not use it.
    if you think otherwise then go ahead and splenda everything

its a personal choice in this chemical age!
  11. Senior Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by djremix View Post
    true dat, some things are 100% unavoidable but others like protein shakes are easily solved. companies like optimum nutrition are coming up with an all natural no artifical sweetner protein.

coincidence? maybe...
    everybody who is interested should look into this and make up you own mind. if you feel the evidence(circumstantial or whatever) mounts against them do not use it.

I have been getting mine from Whey Protein Isolate 02lb(set the flavor tool at unflavored)

I flavor with pure cane sugar or maple or honey or agave and choclate for Easter!
  12. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.

My body does not respond well to aspartme, usually if I drink more than 3 cans in a day I have major stomach cramps. Not to mention numerous trips to the bathroom!!!! ***SQUEEZIN****
  13. Anabolic Innovations Owner

coincidence? maybe...

Anabolic Innovaitons has had a NO artificial sweetner/NO artificial flavoring/NO artificial color protein powder since day one

CROWLER
  14. New Member

I agree that there is a lot of hype around health effects of artificial sweeteners. Not denying that some individuals may have a low tolerance for them.

While I don't think that artificial sweeteners are particularly harmful, I prefer to limit them as much as possible. So I buy bulk unflavoured protein, and bulk supplements that I cap myself, avoiding the commercial mixes.

If my young kids want a soda, I usually suggest that they have a glass of milk, but sometimes (rarely) relent and let them have a regular soda. I'd rather they have a moderate amount of sugar than an unlimited amount of artificial sweetener. By the way, if you look at the ingredients in kids drinks, the majority come with artificial sweeteners, so at home they generally have a choice of water or milk.
  15. New Member

How bad is it to drink one regular soda (dr. pepper) a day? I've cut back to about 1 every three days or so but I'm starting to get crave it more for some reason.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Don't worry about it. Water is always better, but drinking a calorie free soda isn't gonna kill you.

For dental health, however, remember some bacteria can digest the artificial sweeteners--so you still need to brush your teeth
  17. Advanced Member

splenda makes a great ant killer btw.
    if you got ant problems, sprinkle a little bit in the corner. add a drop or two of water on it and wait.
    the ants happily come and carry it all back to their homes where they all get poisoned and die off.
    voila, no more ant problem.

p.s. try it before you knock it.
  18. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CRUNCH View Post
    So why haven't they done away with tobacco?
    Actually, the FDA doesn't have regulatory authority over tobacco. Strange... I assume that has something with the tobacco lobby.

Fine with me, though. The FDA should keep its grubby hands of my Copenhagen!

Quote Originally Posted by Brizzle View Post
    How bad is it to drink one regular soda (dr. pepper) a day? I've cut back to about 1 every three days or so but I'm starting to get crave it more for some reason.
    Bad man, bad. I drink 2L of Diet Mountain Dew every day, and I can already tell that I am slowly dying. Someday I'll be dead, and then people will be able to say, "Look at TeamSavage. He drank too much diet soda and he DIED! You don't want to die, do you? Avoid artificial sweeteners and you'll live forever!"
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

splenda makes a great ant killer btw.
    if you got ant problems, sprinkle a little bit in the corner. add a drop or two of water on it and wait.
    the ants happily come and carry it all back to their homes where they all get poisoned and die off.

p.s. try it before you knock it.
    Unless you know the mechanism by which the ants are dying, you shouldn't be using it as an example

Its very likely that the ants simply cannot digest the splenda, which is why its zero calories for humans. If ants are eating a food that is satiating and they cannot digest, they're going to starve to death.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSavage View Post
    Actually, the FDA doesn't have regulatory authority over tobacco. Strange... I assume that has something with the tobacco lobby.

And I'm still chewing my Skoal! Sometimes I think I NEED government intervention to get me to quit!
  21. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00 View Post
    Unless you know the mechanism by which the ants are dying, you shouldn't be using it as an example

Its very likely that the ants simply cannot digest the splenda, which is why its zero calories for humans. If ants are eating a food that is satiating and they cannot digest, they're going to starve to death.
    i know, point was that we dont know the exact mechanism by which they die.

doesnt that worry u a tiny little bit?
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

No
  23. New Member

This whole "artifical sweeteners are bad for you" propaganda has gone beyond ridiculous, and Mercola is a tool.

But anyway, the acid in the sodas can be quite bad for the enamel of your teeth. read this article:
    LiveScience.com - Acids in Popular Sodas Erode Tooth Enamel

Coke and Pepsi are amongst the worst, the diet soda's however are not quite as bad.
  24. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RexGrandis View Post
    This whole "artifical sweeteners are bad for you" propaganda has gone beyond ridiculous, and Mercola is a tool.

But anyway, the acid in the sodas can be quite bad for the enamel of your teeth. read this article:
    LiveScience.com - Acids in Popular Sodas Erode Tooth Enamel

Coke and Pepsi are amongst the worst, the diet soda's however are not quite as bad.
    why do you think he is a tool?
    i found most of his advice to be very valuable and eye opening.
    most of the info he provides is not even related to the products he offers.

in the end i dont agree 100% with everything he says, but i think he is as valuable as any other source.
  25. New Member

why do you think he is a tool?
    i found most of his advice to be very valuable and eye opening.
    most of the info he provides is not even related to the products he offers.

in the end i dont agree 100% with everything he says, but i think he is as valuable as any other source.
    He does give some very good advice, but he goes a bit overboard sometimes practicing "alarmist science", putting a negative spin on things to cause alarm, when it is not necessary.
  26. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RexGrandis View Post
    He does give some very good advice, but he goes a bit overboard sometimes practicing "alarmist science", putting a negative spin on things to cause alarm, when it is not necessary.

alarmist is a bit too harsh dont you think?

from his advice i removed all my silver amalgams,
    stopped most sugar and grain products
    stopped having pasterised milk
    avoid splenda, nutrasweet etc
    started using hydrogen peroxide to gargle with instead of blindly following docotors overkill antibiotic scripts.
    started on a probiotic blend

and im feeling the best ive ever felt.
    and ive seen a marked improvement in my bodybuilding efforts, and im almost 32 now.

some things require an alrmist approach sometimes no? Genetically modified food for instance...
  27. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    Diet soda is as big of a threat as mans effect on global warming.

Denying is tantamount to holocaust denial.
    lol

The Great Global Warming Swindle - Documentary Film - Google Video
  28. Board Sponsor

Admittedly I didnt read through the whole thread once it got to the artificial sweeteners debate, but I did want to point out something that I hadnt seen mentioned because it affected me personally - too many diet drinks wreck my acid reflux. Many people attribute this to the caffeine, but I take in excess amounts of caffeine from other sources and it doesnt bother me - it is actually the carbonation that affects me from the diet drinks.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Yeah, carbonation isn't exactly doing wonders for people.
  30. Anabolic Innovations Owner

I will give up my diet soda when you pry my cold, dead, muscular, ripped hand from it.

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  31. Banned

I dont think its any worse than the air we breath, Im with Crowler.......... try to take it and your DEAD MEAT! Im sure thats what he really wanted to say
  32. New Member

Bad man, bad. I drink 2L of Diet Mountain Dew every day, and I can already tell that I am slowly dying. Someday I'll be dead, and then people will be able to say, "Look at TeamSavage. He drank too much diet soda and he DIED! You don't want to die, do you? Avoid artificial sweeteners and you'll live forever!"
    Well of course 2 litters a day is alot lol. Im talking about like one cup of dr pepper, 40oz at the most, every other day.
  33. New Member

[QUOTE=djremix;777975]splenda makes a great ant killer btw.
    voila, no more ant problem.[QUOTE]

While I don't believe there is any documented evidence that artificial sweeteners have ever killed anybody, I do know for a fact that sweetened regular and diet beverages both contain a potentially lethal ingredient that has been documented to cause death when ingested in sufficient qualities.

Read about the dangers of this potentially harmful and is some cases lethal compound here

Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division - dihydrogen monoxide info

Maybe this is what killed the ants
  34. Advanced Member

[QUOTE=sweet-physique;791833][QUOTE=djremix;777975]splenda makes a great ant killer btw.

While I don't believe there is any documented evidence that artificial sweeteners have ever killed anybody, I do know for a fact that sweetened regular and diet beverages both contain a potentially lethal ingredient that has been documented to cause death when ingested in sufficient qualities.

Read about the dangers of this potentially harmful and is some cases lethal compound here

Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division - dihydrogen monoxide info

Maybe this is what killed the ants
    As far as i can tell, splenda does not get broken down by the body and around 99% or so pass through unchanged. ITs speculated that whatever does not get excreted is what causes the problems.

thank god the only decent protein supplier in my town is getting the natural optimum brand. half the one's here are splenda'd.
  35. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sweet-physique View Post
    I do know for a fact that sweetened regular and diet beverages both contain a potentially lethal ingredient that has been documented to cause death when ingested in sufficient quantities.
    Water?
  36. I know nothing...

Water?
    Yea.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DmitryWI View Post
    Yea.
    It is. High amounts of water will disturb your bodies osmotic balance and basically make your cells explode; its not THAT uncommon either.
  38. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by wrestler119 View Post
    I dont believe that just because the FDA regulates it that it must be healthy. But if it was as evil as some people are lead to believe, I think they would do something about it. I mean, they recalled pet food didnt they??? Dont you think they would do something similar with artificial sweetners, which are supposedly deadly?
    The FDA endeavors to regulate ("increase") money flow to Big Pharma and other fake-food manufacturing corporations.
  39. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino View Post
    Diet sodas would not exist if someone did not demonize sugar.

Sugar is not a poison. People that have problems with sugar are genetically incapable of processing it(diabetics) or they are using way too much (super size me)

The key is individual tolerance (GTF)
    and controlled moderation.

The whole sugar is bad campaign started because of shortages due to the fact that sugar trading countries were not friendly toward the US(communists)

Most sugar substitutes are chemically based on industrial byproducts. (carbon bonds or alcohols structures)
    They invented a problem to make money at it by providing a "solution". If I use anything, it's either "sugar in the raw", honey or stevia.

High fructose corn syrup, on the other hand, is a problem.
  40. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    They invented a problem to make money at it by providing a "solution". If I use anything, it's either "sugar in the raw", honey or stevia.

High fructose corn syrup, on the other hand, is a problem.
    I concur!! Sugar is not evil but it is not good for you either it messes with your insulin level which can causes fat gain.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How bad is it?
    By Heavyappetite in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-08-2013, 08:54 PM
  2. How bad is it really?
    By MentalTwitch in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 06:37 PM
  3. Hurt myself tonight...How Bad is it Really???
    By Brfish in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 01:44 AM
  4. My doc is giving TRT will it hinder my recovery
    By pjsallday in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-14-2007, 09:55 AM
  5. How bad is dbol on the hair line?
    By snakebyte05 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-02-2005, 12:02 AM