Help Shape me UP. :)

ShapeUP

ShapeUP

Awards
Sex: ok, I'm a dude.
Height: I'm gonna say 6'
Weight: 194ish
BF %: 12.5ish

I'm going to be eating more than a deficit (excluding the several bad weeks I recently had with cheating) for the first time in over 3 months!! So I want to pack on muscle but I do not want my BF% to go above 16% at the most, hopefully, IDEALLY not over 14%, but I suppose I know how to lose fat somewhat efficiently so I am not opposed to some fat gain...(kinda have to accept it anyways.)

Official goals, to put on consitant muscle mass, not necessarily trying to gain actual weight, I would be MORE Than happy if I KEPT dropping BF, and I know it is possible if I do this clean and correct, so that is my real goal. However, I will up my calories if necessary, but I don't really believe it about the SURpluss but rather the utilization of the nutrients, I tend to believe that anything not used will become fat, I don't see how just eating a sh*t load more food makes you pack on muscle, fat yes, but muscle no.

On a WO day things go something like this.

6:30ish - PreWO shake
2scoops whey, 1/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup maltodex (or glucose), in 6-8oz of water w/ice all blended up mmm, yum.
P-39g; C-39g, F.4.5 g 348.5 Cal

9:30ish -Post WO shake
3scoops whey, 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup maltodex (or glucose), 1tbs natural PB.
1 apple
P-63.5g; C-101.5g; F-16g 783.5 Cal

11:00ish - Breakfast I guess. heh
2eggs, 4egg whites, 4oz Extra Lean ground meat 97-3/96-4(turkey or Beef), 4oz white potato, Whole Wheat English Muffin, 1 banana.
P-61g; 73g-C; F-13g 654 Cal

1:30ish - Lunch.
6oz chicken, 1/2 cup brown rice, 2 cups broccoli, 10 almonds
P-65g; C-45g; F-14.5 g 557.5 Cal

4:00ish - Pm Meal
4oz chicken, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup greenbeans, 10 almonds
P-44.5g; C-45g; F-12g 457.5 Cal

6:30ish - Dinner
5oz Lean Sirloin (mmm), 4-6oz sweet potato, 1 cup greenbeans, 10 almonds
P-50g; C-40g; F-17g 510Cal

9:00ish - Pre-bed shake.
2 scoops casien protien, 1/4 oats, 1tbs peanut butter, 1tbs honey(mm)
P-58g, C-42.5g; F-15.5 g 518 Cal

Totals
P-380g; C-385.5g; F-93g 3830Cal

Just so you know the most I've EVER burned in one day was 4050 and I was literally playing flag football for 7 hours.

Even on my BEST circuit training or lowerbody days I only get up to 3500 burned, we will see how this changes, but This diet is supposed to keep me fairly close to my burn, yet providing some excess nutrients.

Ok so that is my GENERAL plan, I will probably eat this exactly plus or minus things here or there, but It won't change much, meats may alternate btwn fish/beef/chicken, but you get the idea. I want to eat most of my cals close to my workout and spread the rest out equally. Tried to use fast acting carbs around my workout and slower carbs the rest of the day.

Anyhow, suggestions wanted/needes so please help out. Also, on days where I don't workout I burn only around 2500 cals..so, I'm thinking about dropping one of the shakes and that will land me in 3200 range, or lower..

Help appreciated, suggestions too.

nvr2loud

nvr2loud

Awards
  • Established
Things look pretty good as far as your diet goes. Need to start out, and adjust accordingly based on your appearance. If you are not gaining, then continue to add clean calories until your BF% increases, then drop back a little.

alan aragon

alan aragon

Awards
Sex: ok, I'm a dude.
Height: I'm gonna say 6'
Weight: 194ish
BF %: 12.5ish

I'm going to be eating more than a deficit (excluding the several bad weeks I recently had with cheating) for the first time in over 3 months!! So I want to pack on muscle but I do not want my BF% to go above 16% at the most, hopefully, IDEALLY not over 14%, but I suppose I know how to lose fat somewhat efficiently so I am not opposed to some fat gain...(kinda have to accept it anyways.)

Official goals, to put on consitant muscle mass, not necessarily trying to gain actual weight, I would be MORE Than happy if I KEPT dropping BF, and I know it is possible if I do this clean and correct, so that is my real goal. However, I will up my calories if necessary, but I don't really believe it about the SURpluss but rather the utilization of the nutrients, I tend to believe that anything not used will become fat, I don't see how just eating a sh*t load more food makes you pack on muscle, fat yes, but muscle no.

On a WO day things go something like this.

6:30ish - PreWO shake
2scoops whey, 1/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup maltodex (or glucose), in 6-8oz of water w/ice all blended up mmm, yum.
P-39g; C-39g, F.4.5 g 348.5 Cal

9:30ish -Post WO shake
3scoops whey, 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup maltodex (or glucose), 1tbs natural PB.
1 apple
P-63.5g; C-101.5g; F-16g 783.5 Cal

11:00ish - Breakfast I guess. heh
2eggs, 4egg whites, 4oz Extra Lean ground meat 97-3/96-4(turkey or Beef), 4oz white potato, Whole Wheat English Muffin, 1 banana.
P-61g; 73g-C; F-13g 654 Cal

1:30ish - Lunch.
6oz chicken, 1/2 cup brown rice, 2 cups broccoli, 10 almonds
P-65g; C-45g; F-14.5 g 557.5 Cal

4:00ish - Pm Meal
4oz chicken, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup greenbeans, 10 almonds
P-44.5g; C-45g; F-12g 457.5 Cal

6:30ish - Dinner
5oz Lean Sirloin (mmm), 4-6oz sweet potato, 1 cup greenbeans, 10 almonds
P-50g; C-40g; F-17g 510Cal

9:00ish - Pre-bed shake.
2 scoops casien protien, 1/4 oats, 1tbs peanut butter, 1tbs honey(mm)
P-58g, C-42.5g; F-15.5 g 518 Cal

Totals
P-380g; C-385.5g; F-93g 3830Cal

Just so you know the most I've EVER burned in one day was 4050 and I was literally playing flag football for 7 hours.

Even on my BEST circuit training or lowerbody days I only get up to 3500 burned, we will see how this changes, but This diet is supposed to keep me fairly close to my burn, yet providing some excess nutrients.

Ok so that is my GENERAL plan, I will probably eat this exactly plus or minus things here or there, but It won't change much, meats may alternate btwn fish/beef/chicken, but you get the idea. I want to eat most of my cals close to my workout and spread the rest out equally. Tried to use fast acting carbs around my workout and slower carbs the rest of the day.

Anyhow, suggestions wanted/needes so please help out. Also, on days where I don't workout I burn only around 2500 cals..so, I'm thinking about dropping one of the shakes and that will land me in 3200 range, or lower..

Help appreciated, suggestions too.
Is that you in the avvy? Just kidding.

Nothing glaringly wrong with your plan, other than the common deficiency of calcium-containing foods. Dairy is the easiest way to get this done, that is if you're lactose-tolerant. I'm talking about cheese, yogurt, milk. If you're lactose intolerant, stick to cheese & yogurt. I would also reduce the simple sugar around your training and replace it with oats. Having almost a cup of refined sugar isn't gonna contribute to the micronutrient density of your diet. Use just enough to sweeten things, if you need to sweeten it at all. I'd easly cut it in half.

ShapeUP

ShapeUP

Awards
Is that you in the avvy? Just kidding.

Nothing glaringly wrong with your plan, other than the common deficiency of calcium-containing foods. Dairy is the easiest way to get this done, that is if you're lactose-tolerant. I'm talking about cheese, yogurt, milk. If you're lactose intolerant, stick to cheese & yogurt. I would also reduce the simple sugar around your training and replace it with oats. Having almost a cup of refined sugar isn't gonna contribute to the micronutrient density of your diet. Use just enough to sweeten things, if you need to sweeten it at all. I'd easly cut it in half.
Maltodextrin is what I use, it's really not a simple sugar, and I use oats as well, but Matlo is quickly absorbed and I use it to restore glycogen levels post work out. I don't use it to sweeten things, just as a quickly absorbed carb. Does that sound ok ?

I do take multi-vitamins and xtra calcium is added to my protien mix. However, I love cheese and milk so I might just add that in there :)

Maybe use skim milk w/ my shake instead of water. And Cheese with eggs and steak meals. and some yogurt w/ prebed meal..?

How does that sound, prlly put me at 4k +

N

NDjets78

Awards
I would ditch the PB pwo the fat is gonna slow the digestion of the protein and pwo is the time when you dont want that.