Eggs??

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Eggs??


    Ok so i know there is a saying that there is no such thing as a dumb question, but i think this is one of them LOL. I have been doing a ton of reading and learing from everyone! Now my question to you all is when you talk about using 6 egg whites, and 1 hole egg do you men Raw or cooked, and why one over the other. ( just threw numbers out there)

    Thanks
    Miller


  2. Quote Originally Posted by srt4miller View Post
    Ok so i know there is a saying that there is no such thing as a dumb question, but i think this is one of them LOL. I have been doing a ton of reading and learing from everyone! Now my question to you all is when you talk about using 6 egg whites, and 1 hole egg do you men Raw or cooked, and why one over the other. ( just threw numbers out there)

    Thanks
    Miller
    Some guys toss most of the yolks cause they don't want the extra fat. Me personally I eat the whole egg (usually 3 at a time) and don't worry about it. Actually the best source of protein is in the yolk. As far as raw or cooked, to me its a no brainer. I'm not risking salmonella or something by downing it raw. My are always cooked.
    •   
       


  3. Ok sounds good! How do other people eat eggs?

  4. I use the pasteurized egg whites that come in a carton and scramble them. I know it's a little bit pricier than just separating actual eggs, but I never use the yolk and it's much easier.

  5. Is the yolk really a source of some of the protein? I toss it cos I don't like the taste of the yolk.

  6. The yolk does provide protein but also a good amount of healthy and saturated fats. I just go straight egg whites however, because I get my fats from other sources at other times in the day.

  7. what % are we talking bout? If an egg says 8g protein per, how much does the yolk contain?

  8. I think the yolk is 4 grams protien, so about half.

  9. I eat 3 whole eggs per day...hard boiled

  10. i'm eating the yolk then
    my dog will be mad now
    •   
       


  11. the yolk is also high in cholesterol, I think in just 4 yolks you have you daily limit...

    I usually eat 5 white 2 whole...once or twice a day...scrambled

  12. Fit Model brings up an important fact. Most people that avoid the yolk are looking out for their cholesterol intake.

  13. Yea i'm weird, I can eat the yolk only if cooked fully.

  14. 1 large egg yolk contains 1.6 g's of sat fat, 277 mg's cholesterol, and 2.9 g's of protein. These numbers aren't going to cause you problems unless you eat a 12 pack a day...

  15. Currently dieting for a show. I have 1 whole egg and 9 egg whites...scramble them and add in asparagus stir fry veggies. I have this twice a day and it is by far my favorite meal.

  16. I just drink em. Whole eggs btw I notice no difference whether I cook them or not. I actually think drinking them works better for me as it doesn't upset my stomach.

  17. O my...you must clear out the room often
    eggs and asparagus...killer!



    Quote Originally Posted by rysigpi View Post
    Currently dieting for a show. I have 1 whole egg and 9 egg whites...scramble them and add in asparagus stir fry veggies. I have this twice a day and it is by far my favorite meal.

  18. Egg white omelets with diced red and green bell peppers are good too. I ate that every morning in the Orleans hotel restaurant at the Olympia last year.

  19. Nah, I only get gas after my carb up meal.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by rysigpi View Post
    Nah, I only get gas after my carb up meal.
    really? my wife didn't appreciate my toxic clouds the one time I had asparagus at lunch time.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by jminis View Post
    I just drink em. Whole eggs btw I notice no difference whether I cook them or not. I actually think drinking them works better for me as it doesn't upset my stomach.
    I'm with you.

    If restricting fats I will eat mostly whites but the yolk has all the b vitamins and stuff. Low carbin right now so I am eating more eggs than the Easter Bunny, lol.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    I'm with you.

    If restricting fats I will eat mostly whites but the yolk has all the b vitamins and stuff. Low carbin right now so I am eating more eggs than the Easter Bunny, lol.
    LOL I hear ya I'm trying to lean up so I mix 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg in my shake. It makes the shake taste so much better. Actually make choc whey shake taste like cake batter,

  23. Quote Originally Posted by rysigpi View Post
    Currently dieting for a show. I have 1 whole egg and 9 egg whites...scramble them and add in asparagus stir fry veggies. I have this twice a day and it is by far my favorite meal.
    Well if there is ever an egg short we know who who blame!!
    One of my friends drank 2 raw eggs and then we went to work out and he ended up puking about 10 mins into the work out. Thats the reason i have not tried raw eggs yet. But the Raw eggs in the Whey sounds good to me i love cake batter!!!!

  24. Since we are on the topic of eggs... for breakfast i have 2 whole eggs 3 whites...with a can of tuna and peppers,onions, and mushrooms fried in...delicious and full of protein

  25. Quote Originally Posted by srt4miller View Post
    Well if there is ever an egg short we know who who blame!!
    One of my friends drank 2 raw eggs and then we went to work out and he ended up puking about 10 mins into the work out. Thats the reason i have not tried raw eggs yet. But the Raw eggs in the Whey sounds good to me i love cake batter!!!!

    I second the cake batter!! I think I would get some pasturized eggs for it though...but thats just me!

  26. I don't believe anyone mentioned that raw eggs are nearly useless because only half of the protein is utilized due to the fact that they have not been denatured yet. When eggs (and all meats) are cooked, the structure of the protein is uncoagulated (straightened out) and then and only then is the 100% (or most) of the protein able to be digested and utilized in the body. Always cook your eggs

  27. That's not necessarily true, when referring to raw pasteurized egg whites.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by ManInTheBox View Post
    I don't believe anyone mentioned that raw eggs are nearly useless because only half of the protein is utilized due to the fact that they have not been denatured yet. When eggs (and all meats) are cooked, the structure of the protein is uncoagulated (straightened out) and then and only then is the 100% (or most) of the protein able to be digested and utilized in the body. Always cook your eggs
    Any studies to back up that nonsense?

  29. I add in lowfat or nonfat cottage cheese to my omelets. Really adds a ton of flavor.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    That's not necessarily true, when referring to raw pasteurized egg whites.
    ah, true. i was of course referring to eggs outta the carton
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. egg yolks
    By sage in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-13-2003, 07:45 AM
  2. Protein Customizers Egg protein
    By Iron Warrior in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 06:48 PM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-11-2003, 11:28 AM
  4. Universal - Milk & Egg Protein
    By Nelson in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-16-2003, 02:24 AM
Log in
Log in