Pain days after drinking alcohol

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I've read of alcohol increasing inflammation among other many negative effects alcohol can have. consumed about 10 drinks total this past weekend which is extremely rare for me. Don't do that in 3 months. (had a bad weekend) Anyways.. i've been in really bad pain all week for no apparent reason. I'm wondering if this is related to sluggish neurotransmitter function from alcohol withdrawl or is there more to it? anyone have any info on this?

Years ago I remember having extreme joint pain after alcohol abuse but haven't consumed this many drinks in a long time. Never figured out why this happens. thanks

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
You've poisoned yourself. It will take awhile for your body to recover.

Then again, you could have injured your joints while drunk (you jump off anything, dance wildly, etc.)?

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
You've poisoned yourself. It will take awhile for your body to recover.

Then again, you could have injured your joints while drunk (you jump off anything, dance wildly, etc.)?
I'm not talking about getting intoxicated here but is it possible that my body cannot tolerate alcohol and it has become like poison to me?

I'm looking for some scientific reasons why this would happen.

V00D00

V00D00

Awards
I'm not talking about getting intoxicated here but is it possible that my body cannot tolerate alcohol and it has become like poison to me?

other than your liver shutting down, not really. i would look more into websters under "drunken falls" or see "dancing like an idiot"

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established

Yes. There are enzymes which break-down alcohol and your level of these enzymes can change over time. Some people have genetic deficiencies in these enzymes. Moreover, as one gets older, one's ability to process toxins diminishes.

When I was young, I used to consume great quanities of alcohol, get up go to work and then drink again that night with no apparent ill effect. Today, I can feel the negative effects of just a few drinks.

If you're still experiencing these symptoms days after your binge, I would suggest that you call a doctor. There might be something serious going on that might or might not be related to your alcohol consumption. Muscle soreness is a common symptom to a lot of conditions but one of which is liver damage.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Alcohol is C R A P.
It's the worst drug I've ever tried... And I've tried many.

Steer clear of alcohol.

Just because it's "Legal" doesn't mean it's good.

-TT

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Yes. There are enzymes which break-down alcohol and your level of these enzymes can change over time. Some people have genetic deficiencies in these enzymes. Moreover, as one gets older, one's ability to process toxins diminishes.

When I was young, I used to consume great quanities of alcohol, get up go to work and then drink again that night with no apparent ill effect. Today, I can feel the negative effects of just a few drinks.

If you're still experiencing these symptoms days after your binge, I would suggest that you call a doctor. There might be something serious going on that might or might not be related to your alcohol consumption. Muscle soreness is a common symptom to a lot of conditions but one of which is liver damage.
wow.. that makes a lot of sense. so yeah basically i am poisoning myself and my body no longer can take alcohol so the smart thing to do is avoid it completely.

Years ago I drank a lot before I got into a healthy lifestyle. Before cutting back I did notice how not even getting drunk I would feel pretty crappy in a matter of a few drinks. I haven't took this many drinks in a long time so apparently it's done some permanent damage. Alcohol is no joke.

I'm back to feeling somewhat myself but it really knocked me out for the whole week. Felt sluggish as anything. I requested a blood test from the dr. and would like to get the liver profile done among other things. Would u suggest anything specific besides that? Thanks for the post seriously!

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Alcohol is C R A P.

Steer clear of alcohol.

-TT
:clap2: :goodpost: amen

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Alcohol is C R A P.

Steer clear of alcohol.

-TT
I so TOTALLY agree bro. Reps.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
wow.. that makes a lot of sense. so yeah basically i am poisoning myself and my body no longer can take alcohol so the smart thing to do is avoid it completely.

Years ago I drank a lot before I got into a healthy lifestyle. Before cutting back I did notice how not even getting drunk I would feel pretty crappy in a matter of a few drinks. I haven't took this many drinks in a long time so apparently it's done some permanent damage. Alcohol is no joke.

I'm back to feeling somewhat myself but it really knocked me out for the whole week. Felt sluggish as anything. I requested a blood test from the dr. and would like to get the liver profile done among other things. Would u suggest anything specific besides that? Thanks for the post seriously!
I'd listen to what your doctor says. Let him/her discover if there is anything serious going on. If you come back ok, then you might look into sam-e supplementation as a way to help repair any damage that was done.

Le Magazine, June 2003 - Report: A New Era For Same

Drink in moderation in the future (or abstain).

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I also know that apple cider vinegar for a few days before a party makes the morning after MUCH more enjoyable.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I'd listen to what your doctor says. Let him/her discover if there is anything serious going on. If you come back ok, then you might look into sam-e supplementation as a way to help repair any damage that was done.

Le Magazine, June 2003 - Report: A New Era For Same

Drink in moderation in the future (or abstain).
I've read sam-e is very poorly absorbed in the stomach and has to be taken completly on a empty stomach. Atleast 2 hours before or after a meal. Do you have any experience with it?
I got a great liver sup I can take with milk thistle, NAcysteine, betaine, ext. I may take that again for a month to replenish it. I did a liver detox last year. Supplements and herbs for a month. I really didn't notice any difference in my health at all.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I've read sam-e is very poorly absorbed in the stomach and has to be taken completly on a empty stomach. Atleast 2 hours before or after a meal. Do you have any experience with it?
I got a great liver sup I can take with milk thistle, NAcysteine, betaine, ext. I may take that again for a month to replenish it. I did a liver detox last year. Supplements and herbs for a month. I really didn't notice any difference in my health at all.
Sam-e is best absorbed on an empty stomach AND it's a pretty fragile compound (exposure to moisture causes it to degrade (hence the individually foiled pills in most formulations). I mentioned it because there is solid scientific evidence for its use.

My advice is to wait out your lab results first. You don't want to go self-medicating and make a condition (if you have one) worse.

DecaDone

DecaDone

Awards
Sam-e is best absorbed on an empty stomach AND it's a pretty fragile compound (exposure to moisture causes it to degrade (hence the individually foiled pills in most formulations). I mentioned it because there is solid scientific evidence for its use.
I did some research before taking Sam-e and now use it during my post cycle therapy. Its ****ing awesome!! I take it 30-45min before first meal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
yeah, i'm alive.. haha. thanks for the concern. I have a dr. appointment next week which i'm going to get him to send me for blood work and i'll go from there. Feeling back to normal. Laid off the alcohol this past weekend.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
yeah, i'm alive.. haha. thanks for the concern. I have a dr. appointment next week which i'm going to get him to send me for blood work and i'll go from there. Feeling back to normal. Laid off the alcohol this past weekend.
Good. Take care of yourself.