Recommend starchy carb snacks

GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
My girlfriend just started a new diet that requires 2 servings of 25g starchy carbs during work times. I cant think of anything more appetizing than a cold sweetpotato.
Some recommendations would be appreciated.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
How bout some oatmeal? Does she have a microwave?

GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
She does, but she doesnt work somewhere where it is acceptable to get up and cook food in the middle of work. Also, currently she is having oats for breakfast and she isnt a very big fan. She's a girl, choking down nasty food is a hard concept for her to swallow(NPI).
Personally I dont agree with all the carbs of this plan but my diet didnt work for her, girls must be more different than I thought.

nvr2loud

nvr2loud

Awards
  • Established
Pasta is a starchy carb. Don't know why you would want a starchy carb unless you are bulking, but yeah.
It can be cooked before hand and eaten cold if she wants.
White/red potatoes are also a starchy carb.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking bout rice cakes, but they're high GI.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Popcorn?? Not sure if that is low GI though.

GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
Pasta is a starchy carb. Don't know why you would want a starchy carb unless you are bulking, but yeah.
It can be cooked before hand and eaten cold if she wants.
White/red potatoes are also a starchy carb.
According to the diet info, the carb snacks are to keep energy levels up.
I guess the theory is, if she doesnt feel energetic she wont exercise, and as long as she doesnt overdo it with the carbs she will burn off all the excess calories, plus stored fat if she exercises properly.
I have to agree diet without exercise is pointless.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
French fries deep fried in coconut oil!!...mmmm, maybe with some salt to balance the electrolytes or some mayo to further lower the burn index

The fat from the oil keeps the Glycemic index down

What kind of "diet" requires an insulin spike in the middle of the day?

I know that 25 carb grams would knock me out for the afternoon!!!

good luck!!!

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
a good quality hunk of whole grain bread is an easy portable carb if she'll eat it.

GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
What kind of "diet" requires an insulin spike in the middle of the day?

I know that 25 carb grams would knock me out for the afternoon!!!

good luck!!!
I agree. But, I had her on a standard cutting cycle diet and tripled her exercise for 6 weeks and nothing changed not weight or BF%.
Maybe its different for girls.

As for bread... is whole grain bread a starchy carb? I'm no dietician but I thought bread is in the medium GI range.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread is quite good toasted. Dap a little pb on that and she is good to go. This bread also works great dipping it in egg whites then making french toast with with some s.f. syrup and splenda and added cinnamon..YUM

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread is quite good toasted. Dap a little pb on that and she is good to go. This bread also works great dipping it in egg whites then making french toast with with some s.f. syrup and splenda and added cinnamon..YUM
Ahh. French toast - "the perfect meal!!!"..I am a litle leary of splenda or at least its metabolites, but maple syrup,...mmm!!!

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I agree. But, I had her on a standard cutting cycle diet and tripled her exercise for 6 weeks and nothing changed not weight or BF%.
Maybe its different for girls.

As for bread... is whole grain bread a starchy carb? I'm no dietician but I thought bread is in the medium GI range.
The whole grain burns slower because your body has to breakdown the outer husk of the kernels, this also adds a fiber factor because most of the husk is indigestible.

Everything is different for girls, mostly the hormone balance which effects emotion which affects training, which changes as they age,...patience is the key for loved ones!

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Dont get too caught up in GI, while yes it is good to avoid terrible high gi foods, just remember when you add veggies or a healthy fat course that the overall GI of the meal will decrease so even medium GI foods like brown rice and sweet potatoes are great when u add in green beans or nuts or something.

That ezekiel bread is a GI of like 43 I believe....will have to go look at the package...but with a little pb it would be even lower.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have to agree diet without exercise is pointless.
I disagree. My wife doesn't exercise at all, eats decent and has shed a few pounds in the last few weeks. She runs around at work a lot too. Remember its all about cals in and cals out. If you cut your cals enough, you'll still create a deficit if your exercising or not. Of course I recommend exercise of some sort, but if she doesn't exercise that certainly doesn't mean she should just toss her diet to the dogs and forget about it.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards
Dieting without exercise is a sure way to lose muscle along with the fat. Not a great method of weight loss.

GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
I hope you and your wife are fortunate and this doesnt apply, but skinny is not the same as fit and doesnt hold as much appeal for me.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I hope you and your wife are fortunate and this doesnt apply, but skinny is not the same as fit and doesnt hold as much appeal for me.
Thats fine, but I'm also not attracted to chicks with bulging muscles. In my opinion women dont have to pump iron to look in excellent shape. Even incline walking can do the job if your career job is somewhat physical and your diet is in check. I have no problems with the way she looks and she's not just skin and bones.

Now me, I have to constantly exercise and diet correctly as I'm a true endo. She's lucky in the fact that she can cheat a lot more than I can and still look good.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dieting without exercise is a sure way to lose muscle along with the fat. Not a great method of weight loss.
Well thats your opinion as not everyone prefers the slow re-comp method. Most of us on here lose a little LBM when we diet down unless your on gear.

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Personally I dont agree with all the carbs of this plan but my diet didnt work for her, girls must be more different than I thought.

Hahaha:toofunny:

Ok, girls are different in that we have larger breasts and different anatomy, but honestly, we do process food the same way!!!

I bulk and cut on the same diet as all the guys and it works just the same.

Two important factors:

1 - To cut, calories in must be less than calories out, but not too much otherwise the body will kick into starvation mode. The easiest way to do this is cut some daily calories and add more activity.

2 - To mainain insulin stability, complex carbs, and lean protein should make up a lot of the diet.

Throw her on a 40/40/20 diet with lots of nice green veggies, lean protein and nuts for her fat. Keep to complex carbs (wholewheat pasta/bread, oatmeal, sweet potato).

If she wants to contact me or post her diet, I can always make suggestions - I will need to know height, weight and activity level.

GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
Hahaha:toofunny:

Ok, girls are different in that we have larger breasts and different anatomy, but honestly, we do process food the same way!!!

I bulk and cut on the same diet as all the guys and it works just the same.

Two important factors:

1 - To cut, calories in must be less than calories out, but not too much otherwise the body will kick into starvation mode. The easiest way to do this is cut some daily calories and add more activity.

2 - To mainain insulin stability, complex carbs, and lean protein should make up a lot of the diet.

Throw her on a 40/40/20 diet with lots of nice green veggies, lean protein and nuts for her fat. Keep to complex carbs (wholewheat pasta/bread, oatmeal, sweet potato).

If she wants to contact me or post her diet, I can always make suggestions - I will need to know height, weight and activity level.
Thanks for the offer, I've recommended this site and the nutririon site BOBO helped start, hopefully she'll find the time to use them.
I havent had time to analyze her diet yet but it looks like a 40/40/20. She bought "the Body Sculpting Bible for Women" and is following the program it layed out. If nothing else, it helped her to knuckle down get serious about her diet and exercise. Poor girl... its been a difficult adapting to a life without comfort food.