Supplements and Pregnancy?

Timius

Awards
My wife and I just found out that she is pregnant with our first.

She swears she has read that if man takes certain supps and continues to engage in sexual activity during the pregnancy that "certain supps" could cause harm to the fetus.

What supplements would they be? What should be avoided....what is potent enough to affect the male semen and be transfered to a female via ejaculation?

I want to make sure the little one pops out of the oven ready to rock!

Thanks!

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Congratulations.

What supps are you taking?

The only thing that I would be concerned about (but I'm not a doctor) would be steroids. Even minute amounts of steroid metabolites could conceivably harm a developing fetus.

Talk to your doctor. Your wife should be taking a prenatal vitamin with folic acid in it ASAP.

alan aragon

alan aragon

Awards
My wife and I just found out that she is pregnant with our first.

She swears she has read that if man takes certain supps and continues to engage in sexual activity during the pregnancy that "certain supps" could cause harm to the fetus.

What supplements would they be? What should be avoided....what is potent enough to affect the male semen and be transfered to a female via ejaculation?

I want to make sure the little one pops out of the oven ready to rock!

Thanks!
If you take down prodigious amounts of artificial sweeteners, I'd cut back. I personally think your wife is trying to weasel her way out of doing her solemn duty :p