I am in the market for a blender.

dmix

Awards
I'm looking for it to be (relatively) quiet, durable, and most of all - easy to clean without a dishwasher. I'd only use it for protein shakes, and to cut up my oats into smaller pieces.

Anyone have any advice? This one looked good, and seemed to get great reviews:
Amazon.com: Braun MX2050 PowerMax Jug Blender: Kitchen & Housewares

I also searched the forum, and you guys all seem to love these blender bottles. How are they holding up, compared to a model that plugs in?

deuce747

deuce747

Awards
I went to Brandsmart and got the cheapest blender i could find which had a sturdy drive unit (thing that turns the blades) i came out with $14.00 blender and a $12.00 George Forman. For me it is perfect i got both things i needed for $29.00 after tax. This may not suit you but it suited me well seeing as i am in college. Hope this helps

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well if money is no object... VitaMIX is your top choice... that thing could blend up a midget with a party hat on.

Adams

dmix

Awards
I'll look into the VitaMIX. My last attempt to blend a midget was disastrous. :rofl:

No, seriously, thanks man. Deuce, I'm a college student too - I'll check that out right now.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll look into the VitaMIX. My last attempt to blend a midget was disastrous. :rofl:

No, seriously, thanks man. Deuce, I'm a college student too - I'll check that out right now.
Exactly... it was trecherous with my old Oster... but with a VitaMIX, its just a flip of a switch, and you have a nicely blended midget that can fit in a shaker cup!!! :D

Adams

HDeuce7

HDeuce7

Awards
I have had Tribest PB200 Personal Bleander for over a year now and it is easy to use and real easy to clean. You can do protein shakes and smoothies real easy in it. Check it out.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I have gone through about five blenders now and finally found the BEST! It's made by KitchenAid. I forget what the model name is, but the model number is KSB560MC0.

Basically, what makes it so awesome is that it has a unibody design made of some sort of composite. This means that the base and pitcher are a single piece that don't need to be separated and cleaned. It's all one single piece which means there's nowhere for the food to go. All you have to do is rinse it out after every use (and maybe put in some soapy water every so often and blend for 30 seconds). I think it cost about $70... well worth it.

Plus it has plenty of power for frozen fruits and ice. Although it's marketed for home use, the quality and power is definitely commercial grade.

cgcrz8

Awards
In my opinion, I think the magic bullet is the bomb especially at making protein shakes. So imagine this:

You have a cup with a handle but it acts as your blender container also. You screw on the blade with ingredients in (whey, creatine, etc.) and just push down on the base (blends in less than 10 seconds). Also the cup is easy to clean, no trying to fit your wrist in akward positions to clean. Not bulky either. I have two of them. I think you might be able to find a generic one at walmart also for cheaper.

Calvin

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Magic Bullet, but it is somewhat loud. Awesome little blender though.

size

Awards
  • Established
VitaMix is top of the line but expensive.

For overall performance at a reasonable cost, get the simple Oster. Nothing special other than it works very well and lasts.
Oster

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm looking for it to be (relatively) quiet, durable, and most of all - easy to clean without a dishwasher. I'd only use it for protein shakes, and to cut up my oats into smaller pieces.

Anyone have any advice? This one looked good, and seemed to get great reviews:
Amazon.com: Braun MX2050 PowerMax Jug Blender: Kitchen & Housewares

I also searched the forum, and you guys all seem to love these blender bottles. How are they holding up, compared to a model that plugs in?

This is the best blender you can buy IMO. It is more dependable than my wife. I bought this same one in 2001 and had it eversince it very powerfull and durable, it has been everywhere with me VA, NC, TX, PA. I use it for my breakfast shakes with eggs and before bed. Why I prefer this blender over more powerfull ones is that the speed is just right. I had a 700 watt blender similar to the vitamix, the problem it that it spins so fast that is almost whips the shake and adds so much air that you drink alot of foam and end up getting gas. I have also tried the Oster brands finest but the base was too small and the gasket seem to drip. The base on the Braun it wide so things like oats and ice don't get stuck under the blade, also it is plastic jug so you can through it around. The gasket on the Braun never dripped like the one on the Oster, you can tell by looking at the motor after you take the blender jug off and seeing any kind of liquid or discoloring. Hope this helps.

lk9932

Awards
I have had the Vitamixer for about 5 years, and I love, love, love it. It has a 2hp motor...indeed, it will liquify your arm if you're not careful. It would be the last blender you ever buy.

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i just bought the bullet for 35 bucks CAD. Good little blender so far, and having different containers that attach on top with handles and such is really nice. I recommend it.

PimpinLow98

Awards
Magic bullet is a little on the loud side but by far the easyist to use and fastest. I would reccomend magic bullet.

CarterMalone

CarterMalone

Awards
I got this blender kinds thing, its like a rod that you stick into your mixing cup, and all you have to do after is run it under the tap and its clean. It works really well for me.

marshbomb

marshbomb

Awards
  • Established
I got this blender kinds thing, its like a rod that you stick into your mixing cup, and all you have to do after is run it under the tap and its clean. It works really well for me.
Yeah, Im with you. I love the hand blender. Dont have to worry about cleaning anything out other than the cup that you blended the shake in and like you said, run under the sink and the blenders clean.

p951

p951

Awards
Go with a Hamilton Beach 10 speed Plastic Blender. I've had about 10 or so blenders in my lifetime, ranging from the expensive glass blenders to the less expensive plastic ones. I even had a portable battery powered blender long ago. My Hamilton Beach is the best one I've had. It has lasted me well over two years and I make 2-3 shakes a day. I've even used it for Margarita Parties with loads of Ice and it still works great. Target carries them.

scrappydog

Awards
I've got a really nice kitchenaid with all these settings on it but
I got the magic bullet as a christmas gift and I actually like the bullet better.
It really is a good little blender. I haven't tried all the crazy attachments or uses just the blender.

I had never seen the infomercial until after I got it and I was laughing at how I would never buy something like that based on the commercial but I like it.

p951

p951

Awards
The magic bullet is cool. However it is noisy as all hell and not very large either. Perhaps you have a different model.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My housemate just got a magic bullet yesterday, and I have to admit its quite good. I really like having the mixing container also being the cup, makes it so much handier. It is a tad bit small since I like making huge shakes, but its definitely quite good. Before I was using the Osterizer 12speed which wasnt the greatest because food would get lodged under the blades :(

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone have any suggestions for a QUIET blender? I don't use frozen fruits often. Moreso bananas and peanut butter so it doesn't have to have the power to drill to the center of the earth.

I'm currently using the Hamilton Beach 10 speed and it's been a great blender for about 3 years. No leaks, plenty of speed adjustments. Easy to clean by hand or dishwasher. Just not too loud if I want to make a shake in the middle of the night without my neighbors hearing.

tony12345

Awards
I have a Krups that works pretty good. It has a 60 oz.+ glass mixer, so no worries about overfilling. It also has a ice crush setting to help crush ice cubes, makes for great smoothies.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
RagingFcktard,
LMFAO. I'm pretty sure that's what my neighbors think I'm using when they hear my blender LOL

Tony,
Never heard of the Krups. Is it quiet?

mrSlate

Awards
I know its loud and expensive but the vitamix is the best..cant beat the dry container either make my own almond flour.

fieldt76

Awards
A couple of weeks ago, I got a Cuisinart Quick-Prep hand blender. It comes with a nice-sized, sturdy cup to blend shakes in that is microwave and dishwasher safe. This hand blender is pretty damn strong, I haven't had problems blending anything (Ice, Frozen Fruit, Oats...). My favorite part is that it's easy to clean. I just run it under hot water. I got it for $35 at Publix. I'm sure you could find it cheaper on the net though.

ps- fairly queit too...

Gator Alum 03

Gator Alum 03

Awards
  • Established
A couple of weeks ago, I got a Cuisinart Quick-Prep hand blender. It comes with a nice-sized, sturdy cup to blend shakes in that is microwave and dishwasher safe. This hand blender is pretty damn strong, I haven't had problems blending anything (Ice, Frozen Fruit, Oats...). My favorite part is that it's easy to clean. I just run it under hot water. I got it for $35 at Publix. I'm sure you could find it cheaper on the net though.

ps- fairly queit too...
Very nice blender. The original one I got has lasted me 6 years. x2 on how easy it is to clean as well.

AlexTurner291

Awards
Hi, guys the most quiet blenders are:
Hamilton Beach Professional 1500W Quiet Shield Blender
Jamba Appliances Quiet Shield Blender
Blendtec S875C2901-B1GB1D 875 Stealth Commercial Blender
BLACK+DECKER PowerCrush Digital Quiet Blender
Vita-Mix Quiet One Blender 48 oz

Vitamix and BlendTec is nice but overpriced.

My choice is Hamilton Beach or Jamba Appliances. First one is more quiet.

If you want to know more check my review at cozyhousetoday.com/best-quiet-blender-reviews/

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi, guys the most quiet blenders are:
Hamilton Beach Professional 1500W Quiet Shield Blender
Jamba Appliances Quiet Shield Blender
Blendtec S875C2901-B1GB1D 875 Stealth Commercial Blender
BLACK+DECKER PowerCrush Digital Quiet Blender
Vita-Mix Quiet One Blender 48 oz

Vitamix and BlendTec is nice but overpriced.

My choice is Hamilton Beach or Jamba Appliances. First one is more quiet.

If you want to know more check my review at cozyhousetoday.com/best-quiet-blender-reviews/
Holy super bump