How much Vitamin E?

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I take 3 grams of Vitamin C a day, spread out over three times: breakfast, lunch, and post-w/o.

I usually take Vitamin E also at the same times. With each gram of Vitamin C I've been taking 800 IUs of Vitamin E.

How many IUs of Vitamin E should I be taking?

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
400 ius at least three times daily is recommended

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
Alright, thanks buddy.

1 gram vitamin c + 400 ius vitamin e thrice daily it is.
some nutritionist suggest from 5 to 7 grams of vit. c a day. actually i come close in this range myself.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
some nutritionist suggest from 5 to 7 grams of vit. c a day. actually i come close in this range myself.
Yeah I've heard of people taking between 3 and 6 grams daily. I might try that.

Do you feel any different taking that much? I know that since I started taking 3g of vitamin c a day, I haven't gotten sick in a long time.

Also because of the anti-oxidant properties, do you recover any quicker after workouts when taking that much?

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I've heard of people taking between 3 and 6 grams daily. I might try that.

Do you feel any different taking that much? I know that since I started taking 3g of vitamin c a day, I haven't gotten sick in a long time.

Also because of the anti-oxidant properties, do you recover any quicker after workouts when taking that much?
At first you will notice that you might urinate more frequently and have some looser stools until your body becomes adjusted to the increased amounts. Some people may bruise more easily however you will find that bruises heal much faster on it.

More important on the antioxidant qualities - its a good healer - so that is its role as an aid to recovery. I have found it show more in growth with respects to recovery.