Question On PB & J

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
I love to eat them and i use sugar free jelly and reduced fat peanut butter and on 100% whole grain bread....how bad is it to have at like 8-9 o' clock if u r bulking? but trying to lose some BF% at the same time? recomp if u will...I'm taking DCP and AP also

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I don't know, but you definitely get the "Most Inquisitive Award", which may be a good thing, but you've got to understand that if everyone were to start a thread for every tiny question they had, it would be very annoying. Not really trying to be a ****, just trying to make you aware that you ask A LOT of questions.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
I don't know, but you definitely get the "Most Inquisitive Award", which may be a good thing, but you've got to understand that if everyone were to start a thread for every tiny question they had, it would be very annoying. Not really trying to be a ****, just trying to make you aware that you ask A LOT of questions.
ya...well its a forum sorry...Im hungry for knowledge!!...o and food

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Honestly I have no clue about the jelly, as I just eat PB sandwiches. But I would recommend getting regular peanut butter, not the reduced fat. They are the same amount of calories, regular has 1/2g more of saturated fat, but you are getting more unsaturated fatty acids. You also get less carbs, doesnt really matter though. I also think regular tastes better, but I have friends who disagree. So go which whatever you like more, and there shouldnt be a problem with eating them at night.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
One thing you should realize is that its almost impossible to bulk and lose fat at the same time. Do one then the other. Also don't be afraid if you are bulking to gain a little bf.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
One thing you should realize is that its almost impossible to bulk and lose fat at the same time. Do one then the other. Also don't be afraid if you are bulking to gain a little bf.
well thats why i'm taking AP and DCP along with creatine to help me with gaining LBM and reducing BF % along with HIIT cardio and when i have time i do some light cardio after workouts

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
Whats your goal? and also what's your bodytype?

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
im more of an endo-mesomorph leaning more towards mesomorph

goals are to bulk up get to 205 with LBM and loose some BF % so i can start seeing the abs

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I dont gain fat when I eat pb & j at night. but my body type might be different. I hope you guys are talking natural peanut butter.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
I dont gain fat when I eat pb & j at night. but my body type might be different. I hope you guys are talking natural peanut butter.
There really isn't much of a difference between natural and regular peanut butter. It has >2% hydrogenated oils in the whole container. Although I really do prefer natural, except it costs more.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
There really isn't much of a difference between natural and regular peanut butter. It has >2% hydrogenated oils in the whole container. Although I really do prefer natural, except it costs more.
well, there are less sodium and less sweetener issues, aren't there?

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
well, there are less sodium and less sweetener issues, aren't there?
Cant comment on the sweetner issues, but my regular store brand pb has the same sodium content as smuckers natty. I am pretty sure they are all pretty close in Na. IMO there is no reason to go natty, unless you like it better. I like natty better but id rather save money. Since I love pb anyway.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
Cant comment on the sweetner issues, but my regular store brand pb has the same sodium content as smuckers natty. I am pretty sure they are all pretty close in Na. IMO there is no reason to go natty, unless you like it better. I like natty better but id rather save money. Since I love pb anyway.
less sodium as opposed to commercial non natty brands. the one i use does not add any sweeteners to it.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
Are they better options then just peanut butter? At trader joe's I've seen, pb, almond butter, and sunflower butter, and some other stuff...

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
Are they better options then just peanut butter? At trader joe's I've seen, pb, almond butter, and sunflower butter, and some other stuff...
probably sesame seed butter (typically used for hummus)

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
it appears to have .5 gram less of sat. fat. 2g. less of sugar. not a big difference.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reduced Fat PB is a scam. The reason it has less fat is because they dilute it with maltodextrin.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
You are bulking. Just eat your calories 300-500 above maintenance a day and try to eat as clean as possible. I prefer natty pb and think it tastes money. Dont use the reduced fat, a good reasone to even use pb is to get the quality fats it provides and reduced fat kinda defeats the purpose. Use your sugar free jelly, and make sure to read the ingrediants on the bread....you would be surprised what some of the "whole grain" ones contain.....

I really like ezekiel bread, cinnamon raison to be exact. Pricey but for 5 bucks you can make 10 sandwiches....