My bulking diet, is it ok?

bradhore

Awards
My Height is 5ft 11inch. weight is about 182 pounds, 13.1% body fat..

i train every other day mainly on building upper body, and try to do at least x4 15min sessions of cardio a week.

Right, here's just a list of what i eat throught the day an average, is this enough to be bulking? Let me know what u think..

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
Protein is only 1/3 of the bulking diet. You need to figure out the other 2 and get your calories figured out too. And seriously, you want to gain overall muscle fast? squats my friend. there are plenty of diets around here. Or you can get in touch with a nutritionist..

bradhore

Awards
Yea but this just seems the most conveine=ient and cheapest way for me

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
well then start adding up calories and see what your macros are

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
Fit day.com would be a good place to start.

tattoopierced1

figure out carbs too....just remember to eat low GI carbs, you should be getting more carbs than protein in.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
You are getting way too many cals from shakes and bars and other processed things.

Limit this.

Here are some basics for a bulk...

-Goto fitday.com and try and keep a journal as best you can.
-At your weight I would shoot for a 3500 kcal target for a decently lean bulk, 4500 for a more dirty bulk.
-Eat 6 times a day.
-Eat at a macro breakdown of 40P/40C/20F, or even up the carbs and fats a little more.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
You are getting way too many cals from shakes and bars and other processed things.

Limit this.

Here are some basics for a bulk...

-Goto fitday.com and try and keep a journal as best you can.
-At your weight I would shoot for a 3500 kcal target for a decently lean bulk, 4500 for a more dirty bulk.
-Eat 6 times a day.
-Eat at a macro breakdown of 40P/40C/20F, or even up the carbs and fats a little more.

Yep exactly advice and a good place to start for most people. I would start the calories around 3500, it is always easier to bump up the calories after a couple weeks of no weight gain. Dirty bulks are useless if you care anything about the way you look. You just end up fatter than you really need to be.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Yep exactly advice and a good place to start for most people. I would start the calories around 3500, it is always easier to bump up the calories after a couple weeks of no weight gain. Dirty bulks are useless if you care anything about the way you look. You just end up fatter than you really need to be.
Definately agree with you about the dirtier side of a bulk. But there are a lot of people out there who would rather that path.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Yep true... I think they just like to eat too much :pizza: :head:

PolishMan

Awards
You cant really have a bad bulking diet, just eat whatever you see. thats edible of course. :cheers:
But seriously, maybe I overdue it a lil but when i bulk i eat around 12000 (yup, 3 zeroes) calories a day. Personally, I love eating.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
You cant really have a bad bulking diet, just eat whatever you see. thats edible of course. :cheers:
But seriously, maybe I overdue it a lil but when i bulk i eat around 12000 (yup, 3 zeroes) calories a day. Personally, I love eating.
If you don't mind, I would like to see a breakdown of your diet.

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
12000! I would like to see it too!!! I eat between 3400 and 3800 a day on my bulk and thats hard enough to find time and will to eat some days

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Professional Bodybuilders don't even take in more than 8k or so...12 is a bit outrageous

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Just for schnitz and giggles here is what 12,000 calories might look like.

Assuming a 40/40/20 breakdown

1,200 g protein
1,200 g carbs
267 g fat

What this would be in food for the day:

-7 pounds of lean meat
-10 protein shakes (30g a pop)
-11 pounds of oatmeal
-6.3 pounds of sweet potatos
-1.1 pounds of peanut butter

I want to see someone eat that!!:icon_lol:

Or you can get the monster BK triple super duper whopper meal at like 1,200 cals a meal. Just stop there 10 times a day and have 10sandwiches, 10 super big fries, 4 gallons of coke.....

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Just for schnitz and giggles here is what 12,000 calories might look like.

Assuming a 40/40/20 breakdown

1,200 g protein
1,200 g carbs
267 g fat

What this would be in food for the day:

-7 pounds of lean meat
-10 protein shakes (30g a pop)
-11 pounds of oatmeal
-6.3 pounds of sweet potatos
-1.1 pounds of peanut butter

I want to see someone eat that!!:icon_lol:

Or you can get the monster BK triple super duper whopper meal at like 1,200 cals a meal. Just stop there 10 times a day and have 10sandwiches, 10 super big fries, 4 gallons of coke.....

If I were eating that much, I would definately opt for the Whopper.

:burg:

PolishMan

Awards
Well, I was doing it over the summer, and me and my friend did it together. We were doing a summer course at UCSB, and in Isla Vista they have a lil place called silver greens, like a healthy fastfood, with amazing sandwiches and stuff. Also, since they are health oriented and all, they printed out all of their nutritional facts on the receipt, for everything that you bought (which was kinda neat and convenient). Our program included 3 all-you-can-eat meals, which were usually about 1000 calories each, about 4 meals at silvergreens a day, ~2000 calories each, and a few boxes of pepperidge farm cookies to snack for for each class (1-2 boxes each for each of 2 classes per day). Like I said dudes, I love to eat.
Me and him together will rack up a 300 dollar check/bill at a sushi restaurant :)
Living with parents is awsome :)
Also I was taking a few servings of sizeon a day. I was inclined to do a food mega dose log, but My internet there sucked ass and the proxy sucked and all that stuff, so i missed out....
Oh, and i was on some usp products, like symetry and cissus and powerfull (all mega dose).
I gaiend 30lbs in 2 months (dun worry, a lot of cellulite came with that...) and i spent the next 2 months cutting :) I sorta needed it. but after my cut i was ~12 lbs heavier than my last? something like that, it was a lil while ago..

PolishMan

Awards
If I were eating that much, I would definately opt for the Whopper.

:burg:
Man, the whopper doesnt compare, I drove down 2 hours each way to go back to silvergreens like a month ago, they have amaaaazing sandwiches, and super dank smoothies, and spectucular cookies, and ..... you should find one and go.

ps try the orgasmic orange smoothie, i had like 10 a day :)

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Well, I was doing it over the summer, and me and my friend did it together. We were doing a summer course at UCSB, and in Isla Vista they have a lil place called silver greens, like a healthy fastfood, with amazing sandwiches and stuff. Also, since they are health oriented and all, they printed out all of their nutritional facts on the receipt, for everything that you bought (which was kinda neat and convenient). Our program included 3 all-you-can-eat meals, which were usually about 1000 calories each, about 4 meals at silvergreens a day, ~2000 calories each, and a few boxes of pepperidge farm cookies to snack for for each class (1-2 boxes each for each of 2 classes per day). Like I said dudes, I love to eat.
Me and him together will rack up a 300 dollar check/bill at a sushi restaurant :)
Living with parents is awsome :)
Also I was taking a few servings of sizeon a day. I was inclined to do a food mega dose log, but My internet there sucked ass and the proxy sucked and all that stuff, so i missed out....
Oh, and i was on some usp products, like symetry and cissus and powerfull (all mega dose).
I gaiend 30lbs in 2 months (dun worry, a lot of cellulite came with that...) and i spent the next 2 months cutting :) I sorta needed it. but after my cut i was ~12 lbs heavier than my last? something like that, it was a lil while ago..

There is an awful lot wrong with this...to start with the fat gain had to be astronomical. Even the guys that do ultra-marathons don't burn anywhere near that amount of calories a day.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
i saw a breakdown of Ronnie Colemans bulking diet in a magazine, MD i think it was and it was 12000cals. It was such a ridiculous amount of food. He started eating at the crack of dawn right through till late at night and i'm guessing he is a lot bigger then you. Huge meals they were. Quite frankly there isn't enough time in the day to go to some sandwich joint and eat that many cals.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Unless all you do is eat all day and do nothing else it would be about impossible to eat 12k a day even if you just ate calorie dense foods like peanut butter. Oh and it would be around 4.2 pounds of peanut butter to even get 12k.....im licking the roof of my mouth just thinking about that one.

Gaining 30 pounds and having almost 2/3's of that gain fat is not something to be proud of IMO.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
i saw a breakdown of Ronnie Colemans bulking diet in a magazine, MD i think it was and it was 12000cals. It was such a ridiculous amount of food. He started eating at the crack of dawn right through till late at night and i'm guessing he is a lot bigger then you. Huge meals they were. Quite frankly there isn't enough time in the day to go to some sandwich joint and eat that many cals.
...and we know how magazines never exaggerate anything....:think:

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
...and we know how magazines never exaggerate anything....:think:
For someone who has the time to do nothing but eat, sleep and train...I can see it being possible. Especially for someone who uses mass amounts of gear, has a huuuuge wallet and pushes 300lbs at sub 4% BF...

But I really think that the mass monsters of today eat around 8k cals a day...us normal human beings...anything over 5k would be a waste and most likely lead to excess fat storage.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
For someone who has the time to do nothing but eat, sleep and train...I can see it being possible. Especially for someone who uses mass amounts of gear, has a huuuuge wallet and pushes 300lbs at sub 4% BF...

But I really think that the mass monsters of today eat around 8k cals a day...us normal human beings...anything over 5k would be a waste and most likely lead to excess fat storage.
I will agree here. I'm thinkin the mass amount of gear and shear mammoth amounts of food are making the waists of the mass monsters not so appealing. Just last night I was on youtube watching some coleman vids. In 1997 his waists was tight....98 and 99 he looked good too....after that his waist just grew faster then the rest of him!!

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
I will agree here. I'm thinkin the mass amount of gear and shear mammoth amounts of food are making the waists of the mass monsters not so appealing. Just last night I was on youtube watching some coleman vids. In 1997 his waists was tight....98 and 99 he looked good too....after that his waist just grew faster then the rest of him!!
Don't you know? Those are muscles that grow from the kidney!!!

bradhore

Awards
cant understand how to work fitday site, can someone do this for me?

PolishMan

Awards
There is an awful lot wrong with this...to start with the fat gain had to be astronomical. Even the guys that do ultra-marathons don't burn anywhere near that amount of calories a day.
Well, dude, Its ucsb, I was basically biking around campus all day. Doesn't compare to a marathon, ill admit, but still. We basically bike all day, work out with weights for 1-2 hours a day, and rock-climb for 1-2 hours a day. And im young :)
Boiling crockpot of male hormone :)
(thass from futurama, dunno if any1 would get it...)

PolishMan

Awards
An seriously, like each sandwich (with fries and smoothie and cookie) had over a thousand calories, i wasn't forcing food down at all, just enjoying myself...
remember, I love to eat...

I've always wanted to experimentally take some grub-on or black hole, lol.

bradhore

Awards
as you can see i have now added my diet. i just hope im eating at the right times!

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
Thats alright i figure. I would fluctuate to a high of around 3800 and a low of about 3300 through the week. Personally i would up the protein to about 330 and up the fats to around 90. If you stick to a diet regime after a month or 2 your body will tell you what to do. you have to keep with it though