Any advantage to food instead of drinks post-workout? - AnabolicMinds.com

Any advantage to food instead of drinks post-workout?

1. New Member

Any advantage to food instead of drinks post-workout?

Do you think it matters if you get your high GI carbs after working out from food - or a drink with some kind of sugar in it? I just wondered if there was an advantage to one or the other.

2. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tile Man
    Do you think it matters if you get your high GI carbs after working out from food - or a drink with some kind of sugar in it? I just wondered if there was an advantage to one or the other.

doesn't really matter the source. what matters is the quality of the nutrients, and ultimately the fact that it is in a liquid form. Since it's your post workout supplementation, it's necessary to get whatever nutrients you crave into your system as fast as possible, because your body is begging for it. Gatorade, powerade both contain dextrose, a quality simple sugar with a high glycemic index. many companies have products that are powder designed for post supplementation that contain high GI carbs, as well as quality protein and creatine. or you could even simply drink a non diet pop or beverage (Jay Cutler's post workout is a Coke). You know what results you want, save the solid foods for an hour after you workout. ater all, that's your most important meal of the day. If you want to include a solid with your liquid, stick to something like a banana that's easily digestible and highly absorbant
  3. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Food is just fine and it doesn't have to be high GI, that is just nonsense. What is important is keeping amino levels up. Do some searching on the board. I'll give you the first as a freebie.

The perfect postworkout protein protocol
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. any way to test potency of gear?
    By gaijininjapan in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-25-2011, 08:41 AM
  2. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 11-16-2008, 07:24 PM
  3. Any way to get rid of my lump?
    By jules2315 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 06:39 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 06:04 AM
  5. is there any way to get rid of some estro ?
    By WATERLOGGED in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-21-2004, 11:43 AM