Want to make sure I'm on the right path..

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.75%

Want to make sure I'm on the right path..

Hello all,

I'm a new poster, been bb on and off for about 2 years, been as of the last 13 weeks, been straight M-F in the gym. I work out with a close friend, who knows his stuff.. I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right.

I'm 5'10 173lbs.. about 10.5% body fat. We have been bulking for the past few months, as its winter. Plan to cut in spring.

Now, I'll be honest, we do not eat clean at all. Eat fast food, etc.. I was about 163lbs 2-3 months ago.. and I havn't gained much body fat. Used to do Brazillian Jujitsu heavy.. and that was our cardio.. but have stopped as of recently, and I'm going to have to pick up a cardio day or two. I'm taking Muscle Tech's naNOx9 and doing usually a pre workout 100% whey.. and a post workout meal/shake..(cell mass directly after workout). and its not a clean meal.. KFC.. or Taco bell. I wanted some mass on me.. but I want to shred some of the fat off my stomach, to show my abs some more.

I'm aware I cant have both, but I really feel I should be eating cleaner. Been doing investigating on all the clean foods I can eat and still gain some mass.. but is it really necessary.. I know the amount of fat in the fast foods is horrible.

Come March-April we plan to cut.. and probably take a thermo.

I guess my real question is, should I be eating cleaner for bulking, or is the food I'm eating OK now? I cut soda out of my diet completely 13 weeks ago, and I'm not turning back. Been quite a lifestyle change, and I hate missing a day in the gym.

Thanks guys.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.24%

Yes you need to be eating cleaner. Obviously your friend doesn't know "his stuff" if he's advocating that fast food can replace good clean foods on a bulk. You don't gain fat on a bulk from a crappy diet but from the amount of calories you ingest. There are alot of things wrong with your diet and although you are making gains right now, they would be alot better gains if you were following a proper nutrition regimen.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.75%

Quote Originally Posted by TheCSWFighter
    Yes you need to be eating cleaner. Obviously your friend doesn't know "his stuff" if he's advocating that fast food can replace good clean foods on a bulk. You don't gain fat on a bulk from a crappy diet but from the amount of calories you ingest. There are alot of things wrong with your diet and although you are making gains right now, they would be alot better gains if you were following a proper nutrition regimen.
    I thought so, I'm going to start eating much cleaner.. thanks for your advice. I need to develop some sort of grocery list, and need to start planning meals better.. not to mention learning how to cook a bit better..
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.24%

I'd incorporate red meat into your diet moreso than chicken and fish on a bulk. But have some diversity as to not make it seem like you're always eating the same thing. This could cause you to stray away from the diet. Eggs are also great. Not just to eat in the morning but also at night as they are slower at being digested. Good carb sources whether it be brown rice, sweet potatoes, beans, oatmeal, etc. Once you go shopping a few times you'll find yourself knowing what to look for. If anything I'd search the board for other members cycle logs due to there diet being listed in some of them. That should give you an idea on what types of foods and when to eat them. Good luck on the rest of your bulk and keep us updated on the difference it makes.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.82%

I've seen too many people doing a "dirt bulk". I suppose it's from lack of knowledge, and that bulking simply means to "get fat".

There's a huge difference between clean/dirty bulking. So, unless you want excess fat then I suggest going clean.

Maybe this list will help with food ideas: AB's grocery lists
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

depending on body type (ecto, endo, meso) its hard to say exactly what the verdict is on less celan foods. If your a hard gainer than incorporating some dirtier foods (maybe a burger or ice cream~ within reason is fine.) However it sounds like you dont even want to be eating fast food and you want to be eating a very clean diet.

Are you familiar with clean foods and the like? Good protein, carb, and fat choices?

FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal is a great tool to plan out your meals and get your desired calorie requirments with the right breakdown.

As far as your cut if you dial in your diet and workout properly (not over training, etc.) you will have no porblem shedding the unwanted bf. However I will reccomend this dont start using a thermo right away. Your body will do it and with not a dialed in diet in the past you should be able to shred the fat off no problem, and then save the thermo for when you will really need it when your body starts to slow down as far as fat loss.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.75%

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023
    depending on body type (ecto, endo, meso) its hard to say exactly what the verdict is on less celan foods. If your a hard gainer than incorporating some dirtier foods (maybe a burger or ice cream~ within reason is fine.) However it sounds like you dont even want to be eating fast food and you want to be eating a very clean diet.

Are you familiar with clean foods and the like? Good protein, carb, and fat choices?

FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal is a great tool to plan out your meals and get your desired calorie requirments with the right breakdown.

As far as your cut if you dial in your diet and workout properly (not over training, etc.) you will have no porblem shedding the unwanted bf. However I will reccomend this dont start using a thermo right away. Your body will do it and with not a dialed in diet in the past you should be able to shred the fat off no problem, and then save the thermo for when you will really need it when your body starts to slow down as far as fat loss.
    Thanks. I'd say I was ecto if anything. Always had a smaller frame. I have been trying to eat much cleaner as of lately.. my BF is about 10%. I'd like to be down to about 7-8% by spring. But putting on wieght cleanly isn't the easiest thing. I will hold off on the thermo until I need it. I have checked out fitday.. I really have to get to the supermarket and pick some cleaner stuff up. Can only eat so much tuna. Not to mention all the mercury probably isn't good for me. Boneless chicken is my friend.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.24%

Something that I tend to do is buy a variety of beans, and a huge can of tuna with about 33 servings in it. I'll mix around 7-8 cans of beans with all the tuna. Then I'll add tons of hot sauce to mask that tuna taste a little bit. It never really gets old. It equals out to I think 19 g of carbs, 32 g of protien and 10 g of the carbs from fiber? Somethin like that.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 10:49 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 11:01 PM
  3. I think I got it all.....just want to make sure
    By Distilled Water in forum Bulking
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 08:10 AM
  4. Want to make sure my PCT in OK
    By koi1214 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 20