Waxy Maize Starch Craze

Page 3 of 3 First 123

  1. Quote Originally Posted by 51502112 View Post
    not just post workout. t/o the day after after taking it my glucose levels are normal. with other carbs it would be elevated.
    Well then, maybe WMS is a magic carb source for all those diabetics out there!!!


    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by 51502112 View Post
    not just post workout. t/o the day after after taking it my glucose levels are normal. with other carbs it would be elevated.
    And please tell me why this is significant and what benefit this would have.


    I already know the answer but I want to hear it from you.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Because the the end product (glucose) from WMS is magically different then the glucose form dextrose or maltodextrin or every other "regular carb". If you believe that one, I have a bridge for sale...

    Its magic glucose then magic glycogen.


    try taking 35-60g of extra oats, malto whatever, not around your workout times, and see if your muscles stay full. it wont happen. you will just bloat. also, other carbs dont fill your muscles out anywhere near the way wms does, and again, wms stays in your muscles longer. its a great way to add calories. great energy for cardio and lifting, and never feeling tired. and ive put on more muscle faster , im convinced, because wms dramatically lets me increase my workload and promotes faster recovery.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by 51502112 View Post
    try taking 35-60g of extra oats, malto whatever, not around your workout times, and see if your muscles stay full. it wont happen. you will just bloat. also, other carbs dont fill your muscles out anywhere near the way wms does, and again, wms stays in your muscles longer. its a great way to add calories. great energy for cardio and lifting, and never feeling tired. and ive put on more muscle faster , im convinced, because wms dramatically lets me increase my workload and promotes faster recovery.

    Funny, I've trained people for years, including people on the competitive level that have done just great. These people also try just about everything there is out there for curiosity's sake and I already know their opinion. Its just another fast acting carb..Will get you a fuller pump quicker? Sure...but as people who actually study in this area cna attest, pump means little to nothing except comparing starved or fed states. You can get the same with dextrose if you can take the digestive problems but the end results IS THE SAME.

    The simple fact that you make statement that "wms" stays in your muscles longer shows your complete ignorance of the most bascis and fundamental principle of nutrition...the end of product of all carb sources is the SAME THING. WMS doens't "stay" in your musles longer because its not WMS anymore...its glyocogen!!!! Once digested WMS isn't WMS anymore...its JUST GLUCOSE > GLYCOGEN via glycogen synthesis.

    If WMS was some magic carb source diabetics would be popping WMS tabs instead of glucose tabs!!!

    I just love people who want to argue advanced topics when they can't even grasp the basics....
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  5. [QUOTE=Bobo;774067]And please tell me why this is significant and what benefit this would have.


    I already know the answer but I want to hear it from you


    QUOTE]

    as far as diabetes goes, you never know. like i said previously, we need more research. stevia works wonders with my diabetic clients taking oha's or insulin. their glucose levels would skyrocket if they used other sweetners. that wold be great if wms could be used with diabetics who are athletes . other forums actualy have had diabetic guys who have done tests on glucose levels and wms with favorable results. to answer your question about it maybe not spiking insulin too much, you wouldnt have as much fat gain. as far as protein synthesis goes, whey post wms does the trick for me. also, the faster the glycogen replenishment, the faster the body can focus on protein synthesis and recovery. at least for me.
    •   
       


  6. [QUOTE=51502112;774095]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    And please tell me why this is significant and what benefit this would have.


    I already know the answer but I want to hear it from you


    QUOTE]

    as far as diabetes goes, you never know. like i said previously, we need more research. stevia works wonders with my diabetic clients taking oha's or insulin. their glucose levels would skyrocket if they used other sweetners. that wold be great if wms could be used with diabetics who are athletes . other forums actualy have had diabetic guys who have done tests on glucose levels and wms with favorable results. to answer your question about it maybe not spiking insulin too much, you wouldnt have as much fat gain. as far as protein synthesis goes, whey post wms does the trick for me. also, the faster the glycogen replenishment, the faster the body can focus on protein synthesis and recovery. at least for me.
    You are wrong on so many levels that if you have "clients" that are diabetics, I fear for them.


    I can't remember the last time I have someone butcher some of the most basic principles and completely ignore nutritional facts as you. I'm at a loss for words.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Funny, I've trained people for years, including people on the competitive level that have done just great. These people also try just about everything there is out there for curiosity's sake and I already know their opinion. Its just another fast acting carb..Will get you a fuller pump quicker? Sure...but as people who actually study in this area cna attest, pump means little to nothing except comparing starved or fed states. You can get the same with dextrose if you can take the digestive problems but the end results IS THE SAME.

    The simple fact that you make statement that "wms" stays in your muscles longer shows your complete ignorance of the most bascis and fundamental principle of nutrition...the end of product of all carb sources is the SAME THING. WMS doens't "stay" in your musles longer because its not WMS anymore...its glyocogen!!!! Once digested WMS isn't WMS anymore...its JUST GLUCOSE > GLYCOGEN via glycogen synthesis.

    If WMS was some magic carb source diabetics would be popping WMS tabs instead of glucose tabs!!!

    I just love people who want to argue advanced topics when they can't even grasp the basics....


    i not going to get in a pissing contest with you. like i said, your using valid scientific facts about carb replenishment that i wholeheartedly agree with. except that wms isnt a normal carb. im not lying about the length of time my muscles stay fuller. if i dont use it, my muscles stay less full after a workout and for a shorter period of time. thats a major diffrence in functionality between other carbs, whether you accept it or not. and i actually have an immense grasp of knowledge on the basics. the difference between our outlook is that i combine that knowledge with an open mind.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by 51502112 View Post
    i not going to get in a pissing contest with you. like i said, your using valid scientific facts about carb replenishment that i wholeheartedly agree with. except that wms isnt a normal carb. im not lying about the length of time my muscles stay fuller. if i dont use it, my muscles stay less full after a workout and for a shorter period of time. thats a major diffrence in functionality between other carbs, whether you accept it or not. and i actually have an immense grasp of knowledge on the basics. the difference between our outlook is that outlook is that i combine that knowledge with an open mind.
    Its not pissing match. Stating a derivative of corn starch isn't a normal carb is ridiculous. There isn't such a thing as a "normal" carb. They have different properties.


    You don't have a clue of the basics or you wouldn't make half the statement you've made. They simply don't make sense. WMS doesnt "stay" in your muscle. The statement itself is completely ignorant.

    Stating your muscle stay fuller and not understanding that it means jack sh!t shows you don't have an open mind, it shows you have an empty one.

    You combine that knowledge with an open mind?

    I combine mine with the real world.


    Training several diabetics right now (type I and II). Here are some blood sugar results form a type II client last week.


    Sunday March 18/07:
    Weigh in (will be checking weekly) = 266lbs
    Blood Sugar - 18mmol/L


    Monday March 19/07:
    Blood Sugar = 20mmol/L

    Blood Sugar @ end of day = 11mmol/L


    Tuesday March 20/07
    Blood Sugar = 12 mmol/L


    Wednesday March 21, 07
    Blood Sugar = 11mmol/L

    Thursday March 21/07
    Blood Sugar = 9mmol/L

    Saturday / Sunday.
    Weight @ 264
    blood sugar @ 9 mmol/L

    Weight = 264lbs
    Blood Sugar = 8.3mmol/L




    If you actually are giving advice to people, especially diabetics, you should be stopped because you don't have one clue what you are talking about.

    51502112
    Member
    Education - High School

    Case closed.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Its not pissing match. Stating a derivative of corn starch isn't a normal carb is ridiculous. There isn't such a thing as a "normal" carb. They have different properties.


    You don't have a clue of the basics or you wouldn't make half the statement you've made. They simply don't make sense. WMS doesnt "stay" in your muscle. The statement itself is completely ignorant.

    Stating your muscle stay fuller and not understanding that it means jack sh!t shows you don't have an open mind, it shows you have an empty one.

    You combine that knowledge with an open mind?

    I combine mine with the real world.


    Training several diabetics right now (type I and II). Here are some blood sugar results form a type II client last week.


    Sunday March 18/07:
    Weigh in (will be checking weekly) = 266lbs
    Blood Sugar - 18mmol/L


    Monday March 19/07:
    Blood Sugar = 20mmol/L

    Blood Sugar @ end of day = 11mmol/L


    Tuesday March 20/07
    Blood Sugar = 12 mmol/L


    Wednesday March 21, 07
    Blood Sugar = 11mmol/L

    Thursday March 21/07
    Blood Sugar = 9mmol/L

    Saturday / Sunday.
    Weight @ 264
    blood sugar @ 9 mmol/L

    Weight = 264lbs
    Blood Sugar = 8.3mmol/L




    If you actually are giving advice to people, especially diabetics, you should be stopped because you don't have one clue what you are talking about.

    51502112
    Member
    Education - High School

    Case closed.
    I love this thread...probably my all time favorite. I would rep you bobo....but there is no point to it.

    Not to change to subject, but do you have any educational degrees bobo?? im JW

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Chemist2234 View Post
    I love this thread...probably my all time favorite. I would rep you bobo....but there is no point to it.

    Not to change to subject, but do you have any educational degrees bobo?? im JW
    Yes, mainly in social sciences.

    Also took several graduate level (676) course in sports nutrition...had to get permission to get in since I wasn't in grad school.

    If people want to take WMS, go for it. Use whatever works for you. If people think its better, keep using it but in no way is WMS some magic carb that takes on extra ordinary properties over any other carbohydrate. The end results is the same....glucose.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Waxy Maize Starch..on the way!!!
    By dsade in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 10:49 AM
  2. Waxy Maize Starch
    By IRISHRYG in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Log in
Log in