Weird side effects from simple vitamins

liftinw8

Awards
I didn't know where else to put this, feel free to move it.

I started taking high amounts of B5 to get rid of acne (10g), it works great I'm at a little under a month but what i noticed is now one of my eyes either does not tear (whenever I yawn usually both of my eyes tear, now just one) and the eye that does tear seems not to absorb them, the tears will just sit in the eye until I get a tissue or finger to get them.

In the eye that isn't tearing, a few years ago I had a Sty(chalazion) which I let sit in the eye too long and had to get it surgically removed, but after that both eyes teared fine. I think its just recently with the B6 this started and its starting to freak me out.

Only supplements I am taking are N02, B5, B Complex, Fish Oil, Vitamin E, Centrum, Vitamin C.

I don't have any insurance (broke ass college student) so I am asking you guys if this is something common, if not I will make an appointment with an eye doctor and see whats going on.

Thanks.

EDIT: If it matters I am 21, never done a cycle and I'm not on anything but simple BBing supplements like WHey Protein and CEE.

Popa Murph

Awards
I've read somewhere that prolonged use of high dose B-5 can cause nerve damage. How much have you been taking and how long have you been taking it?

I have never heard of a Sty(chalazion) so i don't know what to tell you there. I'd drop to B-5 to a reasonable dose though or just cut it out all together and see if that helps.

liftinw8

Awards
I've read somewhere that prolonged use of high dose B-5 can cause nerve damage. How much have you been taking and how long have you been taking it?

I have never heard of a Sty(chalazion) so i don't know what to tell you there. I'd drop to B-5 to a reasonable dose though or just cut it out all together and see if that helps.
been taking it for about 19 days now at 10g a day. Started the 1st 3 days at 5g and then upped it to 10 reading thats the best thing to do.

Really bugging me out but this is getting rid of my acne so I am reluctant to just stop using it.

BTW the Sty was WAY before is started taking the B5. I just listed that because I had to get it surgically removed because I let it harden by letting it sit too long.

Popa Murph

Awards
I mixed up the B5 and B6 in my head. I doubt that the dosage of B5 you're taking will hurt anything. Maybe you just have a cold...

liftinw8

Awards
I mixed up the B5 and B6 in my head. I doubt that the dosage of B5 you're taking will hurt anything. Maybe you just have a cold...
For the next few days I am going to do a warm compress towel on my face for about 30min a day. If that doesn't help I will probably just go to my optometrist and see what he has to say.

I also dont think it is the B5, I mean it is a water soluble harmless vitamin and nothing else I am taking is anything serious. Just weird its happening, freaking me out.