Nutritionist/Dietician Info Needed

djl

Awards
  • Established
Hi all,

I've (finally) come to the realization that while I know what quantities and macros are necessary to healthfully loose weight, I have no idea how to go about planning my weeks, having enough variety to not get deathly bored, and how to keep doing the right thing day in and day out from now until eternity amen.

So, I've decided to find a dietician, and was wondering if anyone had any helpfull hints on choosing one. Based on my needs above, would an online type of dietician work ?

Any hints/help/recommendations appreciated, thanks!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
foggia

foggia

Awards
djl, I would suggest looking in the phone book under dietician. Depending on where you live you might have a large number of dieticians in the yellow pages. I have a two year degree in dietetics/nutrition and would be willing to answer specific questions if I am able. Also your doctor might be able to refer you to someone. There are hundreds of variations of foods for all the macronutrients. Also check out the reciepe section on this site for some great ways to put some variety into the normal everyday diet. Hope this helps.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see seminars there, I see a book that's not available until February there. I don't see any other services that he offers...

The articles were interesting :)
Maybe he will chime in since he does Mod this section :)

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Maybe someday there will be an option for nutrition counseling on the board. I am sure there are nutrition professionals that are members that would gladly participate ;)

Another option might be to inquire whether Bobo is taking on new clients. I read that he will not until the New Year but I am sure there would be a list. Get on now.

djl

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, all, I appreciate the advice.

It's a really weird thing with me--I'm a fairly smart man, I can read and comprehend all of the nutrional info here and elsewhere (and there're a lot of conflicting info, if you haven't noticed, hehe).

But when it finally comes time for me to create a plan to stick with, I get a week, sometimes two weeks, and then start cycling my food and begin to eat the same things over and over again. I have no idea how to intuitively create a varied diet/nutrition plan that's maintainable for the rest of my life.

As far as my doctor's advice... I might get slammed for this, but I'll trust my doctor to not kill me, and to make sure obviously wrong things are corrected halfway competently, but I don't trust him, nor any other physician I've ever known, to help with quality of life issues. Most I've known would simply prescribe antidepressents for anything they're not sure about.

My having quit chewing tobacco in July doesn't make eating healthfully any easier, either, let me tell ya!

And the stress of maybe having to have shoulder surgery doesn't help matters, either.

alan aragon

alan aragon

Awards
Maybe he will chime in since he does Mod this section :)
lol

That's true, isn't it? :p

I haven't been physically or mentally able to take on new clients for almost a year, Bobo knows exactly what I'm talking about.

I would look up Layne Norton or Chuck Rudolph, both are good guys who personal counseling, well, at least I know that Chuck does. Layne may or may not be too busy finishing up his degree.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
layne and chuck would both be good if you cant get alan or bobo. ive heard good things about michael elias as well.