how does everyone eat their steaks/beef?

loner

loner

Awards
i always eat mine veyr rare,searing them on both sides quickly to brown it nicely,then let it sit for like 5 minutes.Yum! just curious how everyone else eats theirs.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
The rarer the better. Just wipe it's a$$ and slap it on my plate baby!

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Medium-Rare (because I don't trust anyone) New York cut and has to be THICK!

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
Medium rare, thick, rib eye :) With garlic mashed potatoes :D

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Grilled to medium rare. Its 8am and now I'm hungry for a steak!

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
I'm a medium-well to well guy. I used to be paranoid of food-born illness. Then I just got used to well-done.

Rib-eye is definitely the most tasty cut. Don't make it a staple if you're cutting, though.

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
just a blush of pink. a little salt and pepper no sauces of any kind. if it needs covering then it needed to be a better cut of beef.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Steaks - RARE!
Burgers - medium rare

On cuts of beef (steaks), e coli and other harmful bacteria can only be on the outside. You only need to make sure the surface is heated. The inside can be raw and still be safe. For this reason, I prefer my steaks almost still alive enough to walk off the plate. If my mouth is not covered in blood when I'm done then it was overcooked.

On burgers, unfortunately, since the beef has been ground, e coli can be anywhere, so it needs to be heated all the way through... :( Hence, medium-rare.

nvr2loud

nvr2loud

Awards
  • Established
Straight from the pasture. Just give me fork and dig in. LOL
Usually rare or medium rare. More nutrients that way.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
Gonna have to stray from the majority crowd on this one.
I like my steaks well done, but not dry. It's gotta be juicy. I like my steaks the way I like my women........"DARK AND JUICY". I also like to have it w/ baked potato, steak sauce, and non-fat sour creme and veggies. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.... THATS what the F#@$ IM TALKIN BOUT!:head:

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
mid-rare filet. im not a fan of sirloins for the bloodline or ribeyes for all the outside fat. NY strip is tasty but only sometimes so i stick with my filet. i wont turn down a free steak, regardless of cut, but if im buying - filets.

LOL unicorn i know to each his own, everyone likes their steaks differently, but a good steak doesnt need any kind of steak sauce. well done just kills the taste i think too, but i know everyone is different. i work at Copelands, we buy the same steaks as Ruth Chris so i eat them all the time baby woo :)

foggia

foggia

Awards
Yeah gotta go with as bloody as possible, definitely medium rare or rare. I like mine to still be mooing, lol. Can't stand the medium-well or well done it taste too much like chewing on a shoe:)

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Crust on the outside, red on the inside. S&P and that's it. Sometimes a slab of garlic herb butter on top. Porterhouse is where it's at. :)

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
I'll join the club..for me its medium rare

porterhouse is my favorite..ribeye a close second...

if i'm cutting or something i'll force my self to eat the top round kinda cuts...

I also like flank steak..quickly seared on each side, cut it right and its good as hell

h19

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
with a fork when im feeling classy....but sometimes forks piss me off,so thats when people at the resturant start to stare......true story:twisted:

bkshilo

Awards
Medium-rare. Ribeye, T-bone and Porterhouse are all yummy. I generally eat sirloin, however.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
All this talk...i'm having me a steak tonight...post post workout meal

h19

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do not eat dead matter. Plus soon as you cook animals it becomes denatured to the point where money per gram of protein is not really worth it. Plus I do not need extra cholestrol nor fat.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I do not eat dead matter. Plus soon as you cook animals it becomes denatured to the point where money per gram of protein is not really worth it. Plus I do not need extra cholestrol nor fat.
Ridiculous.

you don't want dietary fat? what's wrong with you?

You blew away any credibility you would have on any future posts on this board in my opinion.

(you can blame my rage on the meat)

If you backed up what you just said with anything remotely credible, then maybe i would humor you and ponder it.

By the way, you need dietary fat. And Dietary (read spelling) CHOLESTEROL is not as half bad as you think it is, and has not been actually absolutely proven to raise serum HDL and LDL. The Egg people have been fighting that notion for years.

Popa Murph

Awards

You don't jump in the middle of 20 power/building steak enthusiast and hate on their choice of red meat, vegan!

:run: I'm getting out of here before it gets Ugly...

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I like mine medium rare. I can't stand when they cook it too long and it's like eating leather.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I ate a Vegan rare. I didn't want to denature it's protein any more than it already was.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Soy is better than animal protein. Health care professionals and consumers alike are becoming more aware of the potential benefits that adding protein to the diet can provide. Throughout our lives, protein in our bodies is continuously broken down and remade, thus requiring the addition of protein to our diets. High quality proteins provide the best and most efficient way to meet human nutritional needs. Therefore, it is important that the protein added to the diet is of the highest quality possible.

The nutritional quality of soy protein has been studied in depth. Studies have shown that nitrogen balance, digestibility, and protein utilization are similar between beef and soy proteins. Other studies show that soy protein can support nitrogen balance and does provide adequate amounts of the amino acid methionine, which is important for growth and development. Recent studies have reported that nitrogen absorption, protein digestibility, biological value, and net utilization of soy protein are similar to milk protein.

The high digestibility of soy protein, the content and bioavailability of its amino acids, and the nitrogen content make soy protein a high quality protein. Based on protein digestibility calculations, soy protein achieves a score of 1.0, the highest score possible and on par with other high quality proteins like egg whites and milk proteins. Therefore, the addition of soy to the diet is a good way to meet all of your protein nutritional requirements. Proteins consist of 28 amino acids.
We manufacture 19 amino acids in our livers. Nine essential
amino acids must be obtained from the foods we eat. Many
people believe that animal and plant proteins are exactly
the same. That is not true.

One of those "essential" amino acids is methionine.

One needs methionine for many human metabolic functions
including digestion, detoxification of heavy metals, and
muscle metabolism. However, an excess of methionine can be
toxic and create that acid condition in your blood.

The center atom of methionine is sulfur. That's the problem.
Eat foods containing too much methionine, and your blood
will become acidic. The sulfur converts to sulfates and weak
forms of sulfuric acid. In order to neutralize the acid, in
its wisdom, the body leaches calcium from bones.

"Dietary protein increases production of acid in the blood
which can be neutralized by calcium mobilized from the
skeleton." {American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 1995;
61,4}

Animal proteins contain more methionine than plant proteins.
Let's compare cow's milk to soymilk:

Methionine in 100 grams of soymilk: .040 grams
Methionine in 100 grams of whole milk: .083 grams
Methionine in 100 grams of skim milk: .099 grams

Now, let's compare 100 gram portions of tofu to meat:
(All of the meat products are lean and without skin)

Silken soft tofu: .074 grams of methionine
Hamburger: .282 grams of methionine
Hard boiled egg: .392 grams of methionine
Roast ham: .535 grams of methionine
Baked codfish: .679 grams of methionine
Swiss cheese .784 grams of methionine
Roast chicken: .801 grams of methionine

Why do nations with the highest rates of bone disease also
have the highest milk/animal consumption rates? The highest rates
of osteoporosis are to be found in America,Denmark, Holland, Norway,
and Sweden.

GREENFEATHER

GREENFEATHER

Awards
I like my steak like I like my pu$$y, NICE AND PINK !;) Preferably done on a REAL hardwood fired grille.

Just remember guys, Vegetarian/vegan is the old Blackfoot term for BAD HUNTER! :D

protomike

protomike

Awards
  • Established
maybe im the odd ball, but i like mine medium well, which means it usually comes out medium...

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
I loves me steak nice and rare.

Nothing like cooking it with kingsford on the grill.

Add a little garlic salt and black pepper and stand back!!!

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Nothing like a good Delmonico med.rare

a little A-1 for cheat sauce