( ( Cooking with Evopro ? ) )

designgray

designgray

Awards
I have not seen anything about this on this site – So here’s the question:

Can I cook with Evopro ?
When I make pancakes I add a scope of vanilla in with the batter and egss and whatnot.
It tastes really good, but I wonder if this protein powder was made to be subjected to heat.

Whadda ya think ? If this makes since that protein is protein regardless of Whey being cooked, then I would recommend everyone cooking Power Pancakes like this ! :thumbsup:

:woohoo:

Chip
:afro:

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
there is a reason whey isolate is made using a cold microfiltration process

designgray

designgray

Awards
well I am waiting . . . or do you even know what that reason is ? are you this helpful to everyone , or just me ?
I feel so special . . .

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
well, heat will denature the whey protein fractions. however, ive been told that heating/baking will not change the quality of the whey, just the physical structure changes.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
ive been told that heating/baking will not change the quality of the whey, just the physical structure changes.
The clear contradiction here being that the alteration of protein structure infers an alternative function and thus alterations to the quality.

Proteins are inherantly unstable. Their associations are based around the sum of a few strong forces and many weak ones. Heat will denature the protein, but when it comes to whey no one has cared enough to study the exact product of the deaturation process.

For macronutrient concerns it is much less complex: gram for gram the protein content is unchanged. As far as GI transit time and absorption, they should be of concern when heating an isolate - the ease in which the are digested and absorbed will likely be decreased and you'll be stuck with a slower digesting protein. Essentially, it doesnt matter - but its a hell of alot cheaper to get some vanilla extract and drink a few scoops of regular whey in a shake.

designgray

designgray

Awards
Thanks Stay Puft .

Adding the evopro blows away the taste of Vanilla extract alone. . .

Well, this batter concoction seems to be fitting in well with my winter bulk very well.

Thanks for replies,

Chip

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Stay Puft .

Adding the evopro blows away the taste of Vanilla extract alone. . .

Well, this batter concoction seems to be fitting in well with my winter bulk very well.

Thanks for replies,

Chip
Haven't had the pleasure of trying the Evopro, but I think you could make up your own flavoured pancakes with a mix of varous things. That, or just get some tasty when concentrate for cheap and toss that in there.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
heres my version of flavored protein pancakes:

1 cup egg whites - 24g protein
1/2 cup FF cottage cheese - 13g protein
1-2 tsp cinnamon
some sweetener (i use 1 stevia packet)
2 tbsp davinci sugar free syrup (peanut butter and hazlenut suprisingly go very well in the mix)
1/4 tsp xanthan gum for thickness/consistency

these taste very similar to pancakes with the same consistency. i actually like them better! other good things to add are unsweetened cocoa or applesauce. you can experiment with anything. for any additional flavoring, the davinci sugar free syrups are money. try it out. no protein powder necessary for 37g protein and hardly any carbs. ive been doing this preworkout for as long as i can remember.

designgray

designgray

Awards
heres my version of flavored protein pancakes:

these taste very similar to pancakes with the same consistency. i actually like them better! other good things to add are unsweetened cocoa or applesauce. you can experiment with anything. for any additional flavoring, the davinci sugar free syrups are money. try it out. no protein powder necessary for 37g protein and hardly any carbs. ive been doing this preworkout for as long as i can remember.
seems to be working well for you - nice avatar.

Thanks for the recipe, I'll give 'em a try sometime.

Cheers !

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
seems to be working well for you - nice avatar.

Thanks for the recipe, I'll give 'em a try sometime.

Cheers !
thanks for the comments and let me know what ya think of the recipe:food: i think youll like it