Fiber supps

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Can anyone suggest an unflavored powder supp that's inexpensive? Just looking for something I can mix into a protein shake or my bedtime cottage cheese that won't ruin the taste. I'd like to add about 10g fiber/day to my diet. Thanks.

:toilet:

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
i personally prefer inulin. comes with great benefits, a sweet taste, and a reasonable price:thumbsup:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Isn't that the same stuff they use to test glomular filtration rate in kidney function test. Never really herd it mentioned as a fiber supp. before.

Now's pysllium husk powder(extract not whole) is pretty good although it's kinda grainy if you drink it immediately, thickens the shake up a lot to.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The only thing that I'm aware of that is FLAVOR FREE is not really cheap=Benefiber.

I just use WalMart's generic orange flavored fiber and mix it in with various flavors of Crystal Light. I have also capped some bulk fiber, but that turned into a pill popping nightmare.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Benefiber is great. It really is taste-free and chalk-free to the point where you can mix it with straight water and not really taste it.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FWIIW, I just read that they added an additional 40% more product per container for no extra charge.

And since I have some of you fiber junkies' attention...When I eat a cheat meal that is high GI (sugar) I like to add some fiber to it to slow digestion some. Does anybody know how much fiber I would actually have to take to make a difference. Let's say I ate about a cup of ice cream...I can't find anything quantitive on fiber in this manner. I just know that it will slow digestion down some...Just wondering.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
FWIIW, I just read that they added an additional 40% more product per container for no extra charge.

And since I have some of you fiber junkies' attention...When I eat a cheat meal that is high GI (sugar) I like to add some fiber to it to slow digestion some. Does anybody know how much fiber I would actually have to take to make a difference. Let's say I ate about a cup of ice cream...I can't find anything quantitive on fiber in this manner. I just know that it will slow digestion down some...Just wondering.
ice cream is already low glycemic due to the fat and lactose

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL, don't tell me that...Okay, bad example...hmm, I can't really think of anything that I eat that is high GI...I was just trying to test out a theory. Oh well, thanks.

Anymore comments on cheap, flavor free fiber?

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Anymore comments on cheap, flavor free fiber?
not sure your stance on stevia but sweet leaf makes a stevia/inulin sweetener. not only does it contain fiber (500mg per packet or 1/4 tsp) but it also adds flavor/sweetness. its good stuff but i know some people dont like stevia.