Acne and My Hormones

spmurph

Awards
About 6 1/2 years ago I made an uninformed decision to take a 10 week cycle of sustanon. I dont even remember how much i was taking but every week I shot a vile full of it in my ass. Anyway, after I completed it I started getting moderate acne around my cheekline and my skin became increasingly oily. I did not have insurance at the time so I couldn't see a derm but when I did I was put on antibiotics and it subsided. I still have oily skin and mild acne (which I did not have prior to my cycle) and I believe that the sustanon permanently threw my horomones out of whack. And, no, I did not do post-cycle therapy. My decision was uninformed. I didn't even have the internet then. I was 18. Can anyone recommend something?

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
6.5 years ago, I am going to assume you have insurance now? If so, head to the dermatologist. Ask for him/her to put you on accutane. It works wonders.

spmurph

Awards
I had insurance and then lost it. I will have it soon but I am worried about the side effects of accutane. If I can get it in the meantime could you recommend a dosage? It would just be mainly for my oily skin. I was thinking 10-20mg/day.

Any other hormone balancing drugs that might work?

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Anything between 0.5mg-1mg per Kg bodyweight is common. While it should be something you give serious thought it's also something that consistantly works, you must understand though that while you're on it you should treat your body as well as you can, alcohol and methyls are extremely dangerous while using Accutane so stay away from anything methylated.

Wait until you can get to a derm and don't just take their word for it when/if they say "Your blood work looks good", ask for a copy and do some reading to find out what the levels should be.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Accutane is evil stuff..but it does work for awhile. I went on a course of it when I was 16 but acne came back less than 10 years later (I have chronic cystic acne/borderline acne congolobata).

I was still having bad flare ups this summer but now it is all but gone. Scars are even fading a little. The only thing I am taking different is, believe it or not, Apple Cider Vinegar..2 tablespoons per day along with about 20,000 iu's of vitamin A per day.

It's early yet, but so far this is the only thing that has cleared me up besides accutane and antibiotics.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 16
Trufitnessman2022 Anabolics 12
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
Anabolics 2
bdpeck Anabolics 9