Anyone Suggest good Quality protein?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User

Anyone Suggest good Quality protein?

Just curious if anyone could suggest a good quality protein shake that doesnt cost and arm and leg. Iv tried allot and I like syntha 6 allot but it is just a little to costly for me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Anabolic Innovations Chocolate Peanut Butter is the best I've had. It's very reasonably priced at $25.99 for 5 lbs. and you're also supporting a board sponsor

Whey Protein Isolate Concentrate, Cycle Support, diet, supplements - Home
  3. Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.

Also Optimium Nutrition Gold Standard is very good and at a good price also from a board sponsor $49.99/10lbs

NutraPlanet.com: 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard (10 lb) By Optimum Nutrition

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths . Proverbs 3:5-6
    •   

4. Registered User

I use the 2 mentioned above, mostly AI's Isolate.
    But Dymatize Elite Whey is another good quality whey protein and is a good price. $24.95 for a 5lb jug. It also comes in a lot of different flavors. And you are also supporting a board sponsor.
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/1...whey_5_lb.html
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

ON's and AI's are the two I use exclusevely now.
  6. Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by mmowry
    Also Optimium Nutrition Gold Standard is very good and at a good price also from a board sponsor $49.99/10lbs

I second this.
  7. Gold Member

Optimum Nutrition
  8. Registered User

Anabolic Innovations
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Doesnt anybody like muscle milk? I didnt start making gains until I started drinking that stuff. One scoop first thing in the morning and one scoop after a workout.
    I also use MHP's probolic-sr 12hour time release one scoop before bed.
    I guess these are more expensive though.
  10. Registered User

Muscle Milk tastes good, but there is a lot of fat in it. So I don't use it. I see they have the Light version now, but I will stick with AI's and ON's.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Everyone likes AI's and ON's. Is there a difference its so cheap I would like to try it.
    Edit: one... I mean I would like to try one.
    Last edited by GO_OUTSIDE!; 12-01-2006 at 06:36 PM. Reason: I'm stupid sometimes.
  12. Gold Member

ON's is cheaper. The ON Gold Standard Whey is $40-50 for a 10 lb bag. The comparable AI product, Whey Protein Isolate, is $40 for a 5 lb bag. Plus, IMO the ON Gold is better because it also contains some hydrolyzed whey protein (which absorbs more quickly and efficiently) whereas the AI does not. (Plus ON also contains digestive enzymes AminoGen and lactase... not sure about AI.)

If you're going to spend $40 for 5 lb of the AI, you could buy 4.4 lb of ON's top-of-the-line protein, Pro Complex, for the same price. This I think is a clear choice, since the Pro Complex not only contains the whey protein isolate in AI but also egg protein, glutamine peptides, extra BCAAs, and hydrolyzed whey.

In summary, there's nothing wrong with AI protein. But you really cannot go wrong, either pricewise or qualitywise, with ON. IMO, ON is in a class by itself.
  13. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

I've got 40 Lbs of AI protein to burn through here...
    **** 3 month Transformation contest:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/needtobuildmuscle-mrsupps/167999-moklepauls-needtobuildmuscle-contest.html
  14. Gold Member

I amend my last post. I see that AI does offer a 10lb of its Whey Blend for $48. This is a very good deal and comparable to the price on 10lb of ON Gold. I'd still go with the ON Gold due to the hydrolyzed whey and digestive enzymes, though...
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I just pop a NOW foods Super Enzyme.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.

I use Dymatize Elite Vanilla exclusively....it is the best vanilla hands down!
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  17. Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.

I didnt know that people actually bought their protein of choice because of taste

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths . Proverbs 3:5-6
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Hell yeah. No point in buying it soley on content if you can't choke it down A lot of the proteins are close in their ingrediants as well as their amino acids etc. The things that set them apart are taste, mixability and whether or not they make your tummy go rumbly
  19. Registered User

Both On And Syntha 6 Kicks!
  20. Gold Member

I'm with Mmowry on this. I mean if it tastes like fermented horse urine, then avoid it... but most of the protein powders range from "tolerable" to "delicious", and as long as you can drink it without gagging, who cares about taste? If I wanted something delicious, I would be drinking a root beer float (or a Budweiser ) instead of a protein shake.

That said, just about ON protein tastes OK with water and pretty damn good with milk. Not sure about AI.
  21. Gold Member

Did someone say beer? Drinking alcohol lowers Test levels.....but I don't care. It tastes great, actually much better than any protein powder. New additions to my stash, Left hand Brewing Company-Milk Stout and Rogue-Chocolate Stout. I wonder how that Milk Stout would taste with Kashi cereal?
  22. Gold Member

Somebody needs to market the world's first PWO beer, with 30g whey in a 12oz can.
  23. Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Hell yeah. No point in buying it soley on content if you can't choke it down A lot of the proteins are close in their ingrediants as well as their amino acids etc. The things that set them apart are taste, mixability and whether or not they make your tummy go rumbly
    Yeah I know but Ive been downing nasty tasting stuff for so long that every protein Ive taken tastes like candy.In everyones defense candies deliciosity(made that up)varies greatly.

As far as mixability goes Ive long since moved to the frame of mind that shaker cups save misery.I have 1 at work and a couple at home to save me stress.

24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

I just ordered some ON gold whey and now I'm wondering if I should stick with this sustained release protein for my pre bed shake.
    Do sustained release protein powders work?
    I dont see how we can keep the protein from being absorbed and keep it available to be absorbed later.
  25. Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by GO_OUTSIDE!
    I just ordered some ON gold whey and now I'm wondering if I should stick with this sustained release protein for my pre bed shake.
    Do sustained release protein powders work?
    I dont see how we can keep the protein from being absorbed and keep it available to be absorbed later.
    "Sustained release" proteins are generally just casein proteins. While whey is absorbed quickly over 1-2 hours, cassein is naturally absorbed and assimilated more slowly over 6-8 hours. Any casein protein powder or casein-based food (like cottage cheese) will work, so don't bother spending huge amounts of money on a fancy "sustained release" formulation.

I personally use ON Casein and/or cottage cheese before bed.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Cottage cheese huh? Yuk.
    I guess I read the label and consume as many servings as is necessary for my intended protein intake?
    If I had been consuming 33gms of "sustained release" protein can I replace it with 15gms whey and 20gms yukkie cottage cheese protein? Or do I need to eat all of my girlfriends cottage cheese?
    disclaimer: i've never tried cottage cheese. It might taste good. (insert puking smiley face here)
  27. Gold Member

Cottage cheese huh? Yuk.
    The taste varies a lot by brand. The small curd with at least a little fat tastes better IMO. And adding jalapenos and salsa helps as well.

If I had been consuming 33gms of "sustained release" protein can I replace it with 15gms whey and 20gms yukkie cottage cheese protein? Or do I need to eat all of my girlfriends cottage cheese?
    Sounds reasonable. Also note that the protein naturally in milk is about 80% casein and 20% whey, so this is also good before bed.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Dude! Thats alot of cottage cheese 15grams per half cup... oh wait... math skills dont fail me now... never mind, I was thinking half pint.
    disclaimer: I just ate some ... and cottage cheese only looks bad. Stupid fat girls.
  29. Lift Heavy
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.

I really like Dymantize Elite Whey, and for my casein I just do some fat free cottage cheese before bed, has always worked wonders for me.
  30. Registered User

I'm a fan of BSL and MM, they both are extremly tastey and mix well.
  31. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rampage jackson
    I use Dymatize Elite Vanilla exclusively....it is the best vanilla hands down!
    Their Orange flavored DreamScicle (sp?) is pretty awesome as well! Very tastey!
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.

Physique. I love it. I have gained amazing results in 6 weeks off it.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Iso-100 by Dynatise. Just as good as vp2 with the amino acid profile and easy to digest , if you have stomach issues with wpc. good taste. Ive went though a bottle of berry, im on peavh now, and i received chocolate and vanilla, for XmAS=). 5 lbs tub cost 35.99 i think. Just as good as vp2. Look at the Amnio Acid profile. and compare it to any brand out there, and if another wpi protein product can beat it please post.I prefer Wpi over wpc. but i havnt seen any WPC that beat Iso-100 Amino acid profile
  34. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by mmowry

ditto....good shiznit....cheap as hell..and taste pretty damn good.....Rocky road is yummy...
  35. Board Supporter

also heard alot of good stuff about San's Infusion.....a little pricey....but the makeup of it looks impressive
  36. Registered User

TP's new flavors are pretty good and you decide what goes in the blend, so there are no fillers or additives that you do not want/need.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

anyone heard of Giant, my friend Patrick Arnold, owner of Egopharm, wanted me to try it a while back, its his brand but i can't find it anyone
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Well my friend Crowler said that anybody who hasn't done so yet can try up to three flavors of his protein for $1. And then he told me that your $1 will be refunded on your first purchase & he will give you a 10% discount!
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mpkonig
    also heard alot of good stuff about San's Infusion.....a little pricey....but the makeup of it looks impressive
    It is alright. For the price you are paying and the muscle gains I have got if any, it is not worth the money. IMO. Plus I felt more like it was a placibo effect. I have no way to prove that it really works. Vp2 seems to be decent as well. Optimium Nutrition is a joke. There ABS product is a joke as well. They market towards two differnt audiances.
  40. Controlled Labs Board Rep
    Board Sponsor

GF pro is my fav protien right now and the flvors are all great especially the blueberry madness
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Can anyone suggest some good stacks?
    By Random181 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 09:56 AM
  2. Can anyone suggest a good apetite stim?
    By Fun2Train in forum Bulking
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 05:08 PM
  3. Anyone else use milk protein isolate?
    By Rock Lee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 12:02 PM
  4. Anyone have good results with TNE transdermal?
    By BigVrunga in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 01:10 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-27-2003, 11:25 AM