Can't eat enough.

Cougar7464

Awards
I found a math formula on another site that you can use to see how many calories, grams of protein & carbs (I'm going to try carb cycling so it varies)you should eat a day.

I came out at about 3,800 calories a day with 228g protein and anywhere from 171g of carbs on light days to 285g of carbs on heavy days.

The problem is that I can't seem to eat enough in a day to reach those amounts.

Anyone have any suggestions?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I found a math formula on another site that you can use to see how many calories, grams of protein & carbs (I'm going to try carb cycling so it varies)you should eat a day.

I came out at about 3,800 calories a day with 228g protein and anywhere from 171g of carbs on light days to 285g of carbs on heavy days.

The problem is that I can't seem to eat enough in a day to reach those amounts.

Anyone have any suggestions?
3,800 kcal/day is pretty high. You better be a pretty big guy.

And, if you're literally not "able" to get in 3800kcal in a day, I'd be surprised. I'd say you're likely not countint all of your calories or eating too many rice cakes. If you eat a bagel you're at 300kcal. Add in a 16oz glass of ff milk and you're at around 500 maybe a banana and peanut butter and you're at 700-750kcal. And that's one really easy "snack" type meal. (multiply that by 6 and you've got 4500kcal).

Hell, I just ate a 6 dollar burger, a large fry, and a shake and I'm still starving...I think that was somewhere in the realm of 1500kcal :D (Not exactly healthy..hahahha)

nvr2loud

nvr2loud

Awards
  • Established
AI makes a good appetite stimulant called Grub On.
I was just going to mention that.
Anyways, try adding another meal to your regimen(sp?) You should be eating a small meal every 2-3 hours. So if you are eating a meal now every 3 hours, try dropping back and eating a meal every 2-2.5 hours in order to fit the extra meal in to get the calories that you are needing.

EricLee22

Awards
im wondering

where did u get that chart from to help with cal carb and prot. count cuz id like to see it

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
smoke a joint, and use grub on.

Between the two you'll be way above the marker.

Dr liftalot