drinking Starbucks...

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
If you're going to get a drink from Starbucks (not that I would ever do that but I know some of us would :rolleyes: ), is it better to get it with whole milk or skim? I'm sure everyone's first instinct would be skim but hear me out. Let's say you were going to get a Chai Latte. Getting the skim milk would keep the fat levels in the drink way down but getting whole milk would help blunt the inevitable insulin response from all those simple sugars. Which is better?

I know the right answer is not to get drinks like that from Starbucks but once in a blue moon that place just calls my name and I have to treat myself.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Getting the skim milk would keep the fat levels in the drink way down but getting whole milk would help blunt the inevitable insulin response from all those simple sugars. Which is better?
Adding fat to a meal to reduce the overall GI of the meal is silly. All you are doing is adding more calories which lead to MORE fat gain than by consuming the carbs alone.

You are better off thinking in terms of total calories rather than what sort of insulin ouput your body is producing.