hawthrone berry

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
I talked to my doctor about hawthorne berry today and he said it RAISED blood pressure. Just about everything on here about hawthorne is good, so I am just looking for some clarification.

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
I think he is mistaken. It's even in my Vit-E formula. Not to mention a number of other formulas that are gerard towards cycle support etc.

Rember most Dr.s receive (at best) 1 qtr/semester of nutrition and unless they do additional studies on their own and keep up with all the changes and new findings..you probably know more overall herbal/supplentation than they do.

I am constantly asking my Dr.s (way to many) questions and only my holistoc D.O has a clue as to what I'm talking about.

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
he is wrong (your doctor that is). I know a lot of people who take it on cycle to lower their BP and it works every time.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to ask him if he suggest vioxx next time I see him. :icon_lol:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I found that sharp shooting my doc doesn't do me any good so I just let it be.

juggernaut333

Awards
  • Established
he said he looked it up in his book
what book was this?
tell him he needs a new(correct)book

it is disheartening when they are so clueless to anything preventative or alternative.however i have recently seen a good amount of receptivity among md's actually accepting and being willing to learn and update the current(crappy)paradigm

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wasn't it the medical practitioners who, back in the day, said anabolic steroids wouldn't work?

I remember I had a doctor yell at me once for starting weight training without first coming in for a physical and consultation. WTF would I pay for someone to grab my nuts and tell me it's ok to do a few squats here and there.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most of the time you know more than your doctor. I say you can be your own Doctor. Sure they studied the basics and might know the basics but most doctors if there not into this lifestyle dont know jack

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most of the time you know more than your doctor. I say you can be your own Doctor. Sure they studied the basics and might know the basics but most doctors if there not into this lifestyle dont know jack

Once, during a physical, I asked my doc, "If I had a hernia, wouldn't I notice?" He just let go the the balls, looked up, and gave me a dumbfounded look, completely lost for words.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hear me out on this, but the doc may have been PARTIALLY correct. This is directly from the research done for Cycle Support (either Crowler or LMD): "This herb can actually help regulate both high and low blood pressure, in addition to slowly breaking down cholesterol and fat deposits in the body. The bioflavonoids help strengthen the contractive force of the heart, and gently dilate & relax the coronary blood vessels, improving overall circulation. For this reason, Hawthorne Berries have been used to lower high blood pressure & high cholesterol, as well as increase low blood pressure."

mymilkexpired

Awards
Interesting find stxnas! Strengthening the contractive force could cause a small rise in BP, hardly anything i would throw out as a negative though...

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting find stxnas! Strengthening the contractive force could cause a small rise in BP, hardly anything i would throw out as a negative though...
I think you might be missing the point that I was trying to make (sorry if I was confusing).

Basically, hb helps to normalize cardiovascular functions by aiding in both contracting & dilating of the coronary blood vessels (and heart). This does not mean that it directly causes high or low bp, but instead helps to strengthen the cardiovascular system in a way so that it can react appropriately to one or the other. In application for most of us at AM we are more likely to be concerned about hb's abilities to lower bp.

Hb also helps reduce water retention, which in turn lowers blood pressure.

Last edited:

mymilkexpired

Awards
I was on track with what you were implying. I was commenting on the above concern about it 'raising' the blood pressure.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:thumbsup: