Psoriasis and bodybuilding

theface

theface

Awards
  • Established
I have been avidly reading the forums and the various topics posted on Anabolic Minds and haven’t seen the issue of Psoriasis addressed. Psoriasis is a skin disease that effects millions of Americans each year. It is passed on through heredity. Personally, I have had the disease since I was 12 years old. My psoriasis is of the medium grade severity. At its worst, the psoriasis lesions covered about 20 % of my body. The lesions were very noticeable and very embarrassing. Both my father and doctor were convinced that my psoriasis was aggravated by the nutritional supplements that I was taking. I thought there was some weight to their argument because the psoriasis got much worse after a testosterone cypionate cycle. I tried everything to try and get my psoriasis to regress back into remission. My treatment included betametasone and other very powerful steroid creams. When nothing worked, I cut out all supplements from my regimen. I drank over a gallon of distilled water a day and was on a massive dose of fish oil. If you have psoriasis, then you know that fish oil is a widely prescribed remedy for the affliction. I could go on and on about the things that I tried to get my psoriasis to go into remission. However, I was upset that I was unable to take any more supplements because my physique is very important to me. Before my psoriasis became severe I was involved in several types of modeling, which I had to stop due to the disease. After doing extensive research on psoriasis and what triggers its outbreaks, I came to the conclusion that I had to treat the disease from the inside. About a year ago I started taking 10mg of Loratadine daily. This is a antihistamine. The Loratadine seemed to prevent break outs of the psoriasis related rash. After a few weeks of the 10mg a day dose of the antihistamine, I began taking supplements again to see if my psoriasis would become aggravated by them. To make a long story short, the combination of the antihistamine and the betamethasone ointment, not cream, has kept my psoriasis at bay. I am now about to end a halodrol and prostanozol cycle and my psoriasis is still in remission. If you have psoriasis and have been as frustrated as I was then this information could be very helpful for you. Again, this is only what has worked for me. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
I just wanted to chime in here as I suffered from severe Psoriasis for years. At one point, I was actually covered from my neck down to my feet. Then I discovered nutritional supplementation, and as a result.... I will not take any medications or steroids for it, and I never will.

From my own experience.... the most important factor in reducing or eliminating my symptoms is to maintain a continuous daily detox program. With detoxification in mind.... the liver is the most important organ to adress, so I administer supplements that directly assist L-glutathione production.

Since glutathione is the most powerfull antioxidant within the body, the addition of any and all antioxidants is extremely beneficial.

I think that fish oil is a great addition. Also, I noticed a big difference when I incorporated the administration of probiotics and plant sterols. Also when targeting a specific site, a non-fragranced antioxidant cream, derived from Vitamin C or Grape Seed Extract works very well.

Well I haven't had more than a few small patches on my elbows from time to time, but compared to what used to happen.... I'll take that any day.

These are the supplements that I use daily, and in my opinion.... can't be beat.

Mega Silymarin/Isosilybin B by Life Extension.

R-Dihydro-Lipoic Acid by Life Extension.

N-Acetyl-Cysteine.

Super EPA/DHA by Life Extension.

Ester C and MSM.

Grape Seed Extract (95% oligoproanthocyanadins).

Tumeric (95% curcuminoids)

First 6 Hour Colostrum by Synertek.

Calcium Mineral Formula by Roex.

Primadophilus 35 billion CFU by Nature's Way.

Natural Sterol Complex by Universal Nutrition.

juggernaut333

Awards
  • Established
years ago my ex gf had it.i recomended a few things to her and years later it is pretty much still in remission.fish oil is imperative as are dietary adjustments.eliminating trigger foods.i dont remember them off the top of my head now i would look it up though if u have the condition.diet/supps are crucial and imo if u do it right,allows u to treat it properly without drugs.

theface

theface

Awards
  • Established
How are your outbreaks now? Do you still see flareups? I truly believe that psoriasis should be treated from the inside out, much like you are saying with your advocacy of nutritional supplementation. The generic claritin or benadryl definitely helped curb my worst outbreaks. I know this probably won't work for all, but it definitely helped me. I was in a pretty sorry state. I was having to wear long pants at all times because my psoriasis was causing giant rectangle, streak like rashes to form down my shins. Pretty horrible.

shyam

Awards
i have these certain questions,hope you can help me out here

i was into bodybuilding back during my college years and gym was like my second home and i used to diet like crazy but one day i saw the pink patches and like my mom suspected , i got psoriasis and i stopped gymming for months and had UV treatment and used this topical cream and finally i got over it, my skin was totally clean and healthy. Then i started going to gym and took supplements and burners but i maintianed healthy lifestyle and sufficient sleep and kept my psoriaisis on remission.

Problem started when i came to San Francisco for my graduate studies and due to change in time and get adapted to the new city small patches started coming again, just like 3 or 4 small circular patches and after few days it went but 3 months ago i completely lost the track of going to bed on time and had few hours of sleep and it got worse

then i started using the tipical cream, healthy diet, aloe vera gel, aloe vera juice, antioxidant juices and going to bed early helped me cure these patches bu i still got like some pathces on my right and left arm, though there are healing slowly, im planning to get back to gym hoping my skin will be back to normal by then.

i want to know is it ok to use supplements and fat burners?

any useful suggestions that you cn provide me to get my skin back to normal ??

sorry for bothering you with this message, but i seriosuly need some advice

thanks
shyam

theface

theface

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried over the counter antihistamines? This is what help control the outbreaks for me. I still take stimulants, drink alcohol, etc.

shyam

Awards
can you tell me bit more about this Antihistamines??

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
can you tell me bit more about this Antihistamines??
when you are allergic to something your body produces histamines which can cause skin issues, sinus, etc. anti-histamines work to suppress this natural mechanism. most allergy medicines and other things like prescriptions contain anti-histamines

jnewberry1

Awards
How much benadryl do you recommend taking daily?

Liveanomad

Awards
Hi theface.. When u say you did a lot of research about psoriasis what exactly did u do to end up determining antihistamines are right? I mean, did you do any test etc or was ot something else?

theface

theface

Awards
  • Established
Hi theface.. When u say you did a lot of research about psoriasis what exactly did u do to end up determining antihistamines are right? I mean, did you do any test etc or was ot something else?
I'm not exactly clear on what your question is, but I read a lot of stories about people with psoriasis who had results taking antihistamines for suppression purposes. I tried several and found that it did help reduce my flares, especially the ones I had on my legs (which were terrible). I started with claritin and ended up just doing 2 benadryl a week. Now my flares have completely subsided, but I think it is more a result of my diet and how clean it is. I don't eat any wheat, gluten, or artificial sweeteners.

Benzin

Awards
Is Beef Protein bad for psoriasis?

I'd like to ask a question I have psoriasis from 3 years and it really wasn't so bad until now. I started training bodybuilding 5 months ago, and meanwhile I used some supplements like: Protein(Whey protein), Aminoacids and Creatine Monohydrate. Now when my psoriasis got worse I stopped all supplements and I still can't get rid of this desease. Because of the psoriasis I had to change my diet, I had to stop taking whey protein (which was really bad for me). So my question is if I can take beef protein(like the product Carnivore), I'm just planning to take this supplement and some fish oil and that's all. If anyone could tell me if the beef protein will make the psoriasis worse, I'll be really grateful :)
Sorry for my english. I salute you from Bulgaria.

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
omega.jpg
This is one of the best darn supps to add to your arsenal whether you are cycling or not and whether you suffer from any ailments or just want to prevent them. It has great sources of eph/dha and an excellent sterol complex. Triple Leaf Brand makes a really great detox tea with the best liver and blood cleansing profile I've seen in my many years of nutrition education. You can find it for under $5 and you can drink it daily and it saves you money compared to buying everything else separately Also, boost your Vitamin D and Vitamin C, bith are great for treating skin conditions and keeping your symptoms at bay by strengthening your immune system.
I have been avidly reading the forums and the various topics posted on Anabolic Minds and haven’t seen the issue of Psoriasis addressed. Psoriasis is a skin disease that effects millions of Americans each year. It is passed on through heredity. Personally, I have had the disease since I was 12 years old. My psoriasis is of the medium grade severity. At its worst, the psoriasis lesions covered about 20 % of my body. The lesions were very noticeable and very embarrassing. Both my father and doctor were convinced that my psoriasis was aggravated by the nutritional supplements that I was taking. I thought there was some weight to their argument because the psoriasis got much worse after a testosterone cypionate cycle. I tried everything to try and get my psoriasis to regress back into remission. My treatment included betametasone and other very powerful steroid creams. When nothing worked, I cut out all supplements from my regimen. I drank over a gallon of distilled water a day and was on a massive dose of fish oil. If you have psoriasis, then you know that fish oil is a widely prescribed remedy for the affliction. I could go on and on about the things that I tried to get my psoriasis to go into remission. However, I was upset that I was unable to take any more supplements because my physique is very important to me. Before my psoriasis became severe I was involved in several types of modeling, which I had to stop due to the disease. After doing extensive research on psoriasis and what triggers its outbreaks, I came to the conclusion that I had to treat the disease from the inside. About a year ago I started taking 10mg of Loratadine daily. This is a antihistamine. The Loratadine seemed to prevent break outs of the psoriasis related rash. After a few weeks of the 10mg a day dose of the antihistamine, I began taking supplements again to see if my psoriasis would become aggravated by them. To make a long story short, the combination of the antihistamine and the betamethasone ointment, not cream, has kept my psoriasis at bay. I am now about to end a halodrol and prostanozol cycle and my psoriasis is still in remission. If you have psoriasis and have been as frustrated as I was then this information could be very helpful for you. Again, this is only what has worked for me. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me.