Bobo and anyone else's opinion on Waxy Maize PWO?

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.


  2. Took the WM first time yesterday. I ordered a custom mix of 80% WM to 20% BCAA's with splenda as a sweetener and chocolate flavor. I took 100 grams of the mix so almost 80 grams WM and 20g BCAA's. I must say that it mixed okay....but god it tasted like horrid!!!! I took it right after weight training then I went and did 20 minutes cardio and then a little after cardio I had 1 cup ground oats, some strawberries and 60g WPI.

    I will keep you all posted if I notice anything over my usually oats/whey combo.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    And this would benefit you how?

    The same arguement goes for just about every insulin mimicker.

    If I'm not storing carbs as fat, I would consider that a benefit in and of itself. Not that I'm any sort of expert, but the theory behind WMS makes sense to me.

  4. I like it for the fact that it results in absolutely ZERO bloat for me. Ive used up to 3 scoops of it PWO and not had any bloating issues at all. It definitely makes me feel fuller as well. For the record, Im starting my own little experiment of sorts next week...not sure how long it is going to run for.

    For you guys who havent used the intense muscle type, let me say there is a HUGE difference between that and Vitargo, both in the effectiveness and consistency. the IM stuff is by far hands down better!

    Jason

  5. good, that's what I have.. and I've tried Vitargo before. thanks Jason.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
    good, that's what I have.. and I've tried Vitargo before. thanks Jason.
    Yeah, you will find if you haven't tried the other that its a bet messy, but mixes so much easier than the Vitargo. The Vitargo used to clump in my blender bottle, and if you didnt drink it right away, you would end up with a 20oz serving of crappy jelly or jello consistency nasty ass "loaf" in your shaker. The WMS will settle, but not really gel, and it doesnt have the really nasty taste to it. I hate that vitargo stuff.

    Jason

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Jason Pegg
    Yeah, you will find if you haven't tried the other that its a bet messy, but mixes so much easier than the Vitargo. The Vitargo used to clump in my blender bottle, and if you didnt drink it right away, you would end up with a 20oz serving of crappy jelly or jello consistency nasty ass "loaf" in your shaker. The WMS will settle, but not really gel, and it doesnt have the really nasty taste to it. I hate that vitargo stuff.

    Jason
    WMS mixes just fine in my blender bottle w/ creatine, aakg, etc.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by nightfly71
    WMS mixes just fine in my blender bottle w/ creatine, aakg, etc.
    Mine as well. Its the stuff sold as Vitargo that sucks. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

    Jason

  9. How do you mix oats and whey PWO? Just regular dry oatmeal and whey mixed w/ some water in a shaker? It doesn't need to sit and saturate or anything? What kind of oats are you guys getting?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by machwon04
    How do you mix oats and whey PWO? Just regular dry oatmeal and whey mixed w/ some water in a shaker? It doesn't need to sit and saturate or anything? What kind of oats are you guys getting?
    You can do it like that. Or, you can throw the uncooked oats in a coffegrinder and chop the **** out of them. Personal preference really.

    Jason

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Jason Pegg
    You can do it like that. Or, you can throw the uncooked oats in a coffegrinder and chop the **** out of them. Personal preference really.

    Jason
    I grind my oats up dry in the Magic Bullet...then blend them w/ whatever in the blender part of the Bullet. I love that thing!

    For a home made MRP, I'll use milk, PB, ground oats, protein powder, etc.

    For post workout, you could just blend up the oats w/ the whey. For those of you just using oats and whey, how much oats do you use?

  12. coffee bean grinder works great for oatmeal.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by machwon04
    How do you mix oats and whey PWO? Just regular dry oatmeal and whey mixed w/ some water in a shaker? It doesn't need to sit and saturate or anything? What kind of oats are you guys getting?
    I just use regular oats with water and protein powder. Then use a spoon to eat the oats and drink the liquid.


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

  14. Grind them up...it's a world of difference. I used to just throw them in the blender, too, but this way goes down way easier.

  15. I didn't mean I put them in blender. I just scoop them into water with some protein powder. I am too lazy to bother with grinders, blenders etc.

    BTW to those looking for a low GI postworkout drink may be screwing yourself. Some foods have their GI increased by 100% or more when you do a simple thing such as grinding it up.


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

  16. Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    I didn't mean I put them in blender. I just scoop them into water with some protein powder. I am too lazy to bother with grinders, blenders etc.


    CROWLER
    Same here, I think they taste fine. Cup+water+1 cup oats=nummy in my tummy.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    Same here, I think they taste fine. Cup+water+1 cup oats=nummy in my tummy.

    Hey BUDDY!

    Congrats on the USP Labs deal, VERY well deserved!

    BTW I was doing some googling of various glycemic index numbers about 5 minuets ago and what do I see but a post by you right here on AM how grinding foods increases their GI

    Damn you are EVERY WHERE!


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

  18. Quote Originally Posted by nightfly71
    If I'm not storing carbs as fat, I would consider that a benefit in and of itself. Not that I'm any sort of expert, but the theory behind WMS makes sense to me.
    And when you understand just how ridiculous that sounds, then you will understand how baseless the theory is.

    If it was true, you would be buying it from Merck.

    But it gives me one hell of a pump!!!!
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    how grinding foods increases their GI




    CROWLER
    Not oats.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Not oats.


    How about brown rice and if so by how much?


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

  21. Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    How about brown rice and if so by how much?


    CROWLER
    When you consider the number of grains and types, its impossible to tell. Mainly, wheats are the greatest effected, oats aren't at all.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  22. Yes, oats aren't effected by processing like many other foods Crow-Diggity.

  23. Oats can be effected by processing (instant vs. rolled), just not particle size.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Man, go ask your R&D department!
    Lake is busy oiling himself up!!!



  25. steel cut?
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Anyone else waste money on Repomen movie??
    By RoadBlocK in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 02:13 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 12:01 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-03-2008, 01:45 PM
  4. Bobo or anyone else that can help me find
    By freezito in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2007, 06:39 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-17-2005, 06:07 PM
Log in
Log in