Bobo and anyone else's opinion on Waxy Maize PWO? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Bobo and anyone else's opinion on Waxy Maize PWO?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    nightfly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    815
    Rep Power
    520

    Reputation

    I was reading that over at intensemuscle they were going to be doing an experiment w/ WMS using a blood glucose meter to see the blood sugar response.

    I'm guessing the reason to use it is that the proposed theory is that you get very rapid movement out of the stomach, but you're SUPPOSED to be able to get this effect w/o the big sugar spike and potential fat gain that comes from malto/dextrose, etc.

    I may be wrong, but that's what I gather from it. If that experiment is able to show that this really happens the way they think it does, that would make for a very attractive PWO carb, I think.

  2. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,680
    Rep Power
    10786

    Reputation

    the experiment already started and is almost done on intensemuscle. each person bought a blood glucose meter w/strips and is taking waxy in different ways - first thing in the morning by itself, PWO by itself, PWO with BCAA's, PWO with BCAA's and CEE, etc. results should be interesting.
  3. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
    dude, every grocery store/corner store in the country apparently has BAGS of candy.. I heard Canada has a buttload of Smarties.. it's crazy.. I've never seen anything like it before.. for something called "hallowe'en".. I'm stumped.. but doesn't mean I'm not happy. Bring on this new thing called Hallowe'en I say.. bring it on.
    Do I smell Ubi's Canadian Invasion?

    Man, that could be a movie.


    I agree that the cost-effectiveness of this product is simply not enough to sway me away from methods which I know beyond a doubt are effective in my current application of them.
    •   
       

  4. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by nightfly71
    I was reading that over at intensemuscle they were going to be doing an experiment w/ WMS using a blood glucose meter to see the blood sugar response.

    I'm guessing the reason to use it is that the proposed theory is that you get very rapid movement out of the stomach, but you're SUPPOSED to be able to get this effect w/o the big sugar spike and potential fat gain that comes from malto/dextrose, etc.

    I may be wrong, but that's what I gather from it. If that experiment is able to show that this really happens the way they think it does, that would make for a very attractive PWO carb, I think.

    And this would benefit you how?

    The same arguement goes for just about every insulin mimicker.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  5. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    the experiment already started and is almost done on intensemuscle. each person bought a blood glucose meter w/strips and is taking waxy in different ways - first thing in the morning by itself, PWO by itself, PWO with BCAA's, PWO with BCAA's and CEE, etc. results should be interesting.
    Why?
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  6. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1962

    Reputation

    thanks for everyone's input!

    Bobo i agree with you ... i'm not sure all this mumbo-jumbo amounts to anything (you can be sure because you know a hell of a lot more than i do ... so i'll just take your word for it) and while i greatly respect a lot of you that are getting good results from this (especially my BFFs Ubi and beelze) i'm not sure the results in terms of long-term gains are going to be any different

    i've gotten great gains from my oats and whey and why fix what ain't broken?
  7. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    It's more better sugar, man. If you're not using the latest sugar, you're just not hip enough to hang at BB.com. Oh wait, where AM I again?
  8. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4828

    Reputation

    waxy maize?

    corn starch?

    Discuss



    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  9. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    thanks for everyone's input!

    Bobo i agree with you ... i'm not sure all this mumbo-jumbo amounts to anything (you can be sure because you know a hell of a lot more than i do ... so i'll just take your word for it) and while i greatly respect a lot of you that are getting good results from this (especially my BFFs Ubi and beelze) i'm not sure the results in terms of long-term gains are going to be any different

    i've gotten great gains from my oats and whey and why fix what ain't broken?
    I just remember them saying the same thing about Maltodextrin. Its faster, quicker and its a complex carb.

    We know how that went.

    I just don't understand why they used glucose meters when the fundamental question remains, where does it go? Faster absortion doens't mean increased skeletal muscle uptake and glycogen synthesis is not proportional to protein synthesis.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  10. Registered User
    Ubiquitous's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,462
    Rep Power
    1848

    Reputation

    MethylSugar is the next big thing.. I invented it.. but it's just a segue for my Robotic Vagina machines... which will soon be in stores near you!

    MethylSugar is a trademark of UbiCorp Enterprises.

    Robotic Vagina is trademark of UbiSex Enterprises, a subsidiary of UbiCorp Enterprises.

    I'm going to start cross promoting with Crowler. He's good with these types of things.
  11. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  12. Advanced Member
    rysigpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    586

    Reputation

    Took the WM first time yesterday. I ordered a custom mix of 80% WM to 20% BCAA's with splenda as a sweetener and chocolate flavor. I took 100 grams of the mix so almost 80 grams WM and 20g BCAA's. I must say that it mixed okay....but god it tasted like horrid!!!! I took it right after weight training then I went and did 20 minutes cardio and then a little after cardio I had 1 cup ground oats, some strawberries and 60g WPI.

    I will keep you all posted if I notice anything over my usually oats/whey combo.
  13. Advanced Member
    nightfly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    815
    Rep Power
    520

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    And this would benefit you how?

    The same arguement goes for just about every insulin mimicker.

    If I'm not storing carbs as fat, I would consider that a benefit in and of itself. Not that I'm any sort of expert, but the theory behind WMS makes sense to me.
  14. Registered User
    Jason Pegg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    222

    Reputation

    I like it for the fact that it results in absolutely ZERO bloat for me. Ive used up to 3 scoops of it PWO and not had any bloating issues at all. It definitely makes me feel fuller as well. For the record, Im starting my own little experiment of sorts next week...not sure how long it is going to run for.

    For you guys who havent used the intense muscle type, let me say there is a HUGE difference between that and Vitargo, both in the effectiveness and consistency. the IM stuff is by far hands down better!

    Jason
  15. Registered User
    Ubiquitous's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,462
    Rep Power
    1848

    Reputation

    good, that's what I have.. and I've tried Vitargo before. thanks Jason.
  16. Registered User
    Jason Pegg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    222

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
    good, that's what I have.. and I've tried Vitargo before. thanks Jason.
    Yeah, you will find if you haven't tried the other that its a bet messy, but mixes so much easier than the Vitargo. The Vitargo used to clump in my blender bottle, and if you didnt drink it right away, you would end up with a 20oz serving of crappy jelly or jello consistency nasty ass "loaf" in your shaker. The WMS will settle, but not really gel, and it doesnt have the really nasty taste to it. I hate that vitargo stuff.

    Jason
  17. Advanced Member
    nightfly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    815
    Rep Power
    520

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Pegg
    Yeah, you will find if you haven't tried the other that its a bet messy, but mixes so much easier than the Vitargo. The Vitargo used to clump in my blender bottle, and if you didnt drink it right away, you would end up with a 20oz serving of crappy jelly or jello consistency nasty ass "loaf" in your shaker. The WMS will settle, but not really gel, and it doesnt have the really nasty taste to it. I hate that vitargo stuff.

    Jason
    WMS mixes just fine in my blender bottle w/ creatine, aakg, etc.
  18. Registered User
    Jason Pegg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    222

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by nightfly71
    WMS mixes just fine in my blender bottle w/ creatine, aakg, etc.
    Mine as well. Its the stuff sold as Vitargo that sucks. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

    Jason
  19. New Member
    machwon04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    189

    Reputation

    How do you mix oats and whey PWO? Just regular dry oatmeal and whey mixed w/ some water in a shaker? It doesn't need to sit and saturate or anything? What kind of oats are you guys getting?
  20. Registered User
    Jason Pegg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    222

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by machwon04
    How do you mix oats and whey PWO? Just regular dry oatmeal and whey mixed w/ some water in a shaker? It doesn't need to sit and saturate or anything? What kind of oats are you guys getting?
    You can do it like that. Or, you can throw the uncooked oats in a coffegrinder and chop the **** out of them. Personal preference really.

    Jason
  21. Advanced Member
    nightfly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    815
    Rep Power
    520

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Pegg
    You can do it like that. Or, you can throw the uncooked oats in a coffegrinder and chop the **** out of them. Personal preference really.

    Jason
    I grind my oats up dry in the Magic Bullet...then blend them w/ whatever in the blender part of the Bullet. I love that thing!

    For a home made MRP, I'll use milk, PB, ground oats, protein powder, etc.

    For post workout, you could just blend up the oats w/ the whey. For those of you just using oats and whey, how much oats do you use?
  22. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,680
    Rep Power
    10786

    Reputation

    coffee bean grinder works great for oatmeal.
  23. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4828

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by machwon04
    How do you mix oats and whey PWO? Just regular dry oatmeal and whey mixed w/ some water in a shaker? It doesn't need to sit and saturate or anything? What kind of oats are you guys getting?
    I just use regular oats with water and protein powder. Then use a spoon to eat the oats and drink the liquid.


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  24. Advanced Member
    nightfly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    815
    Rep Power
    520

    Reputation

    Grind them up...it's a world of difference. I used to just throw them in the blender, too, but this way goes down way easier.
  25. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4828

    Reputation

    I didn't mean I put them in blender. I just scoop them into water with some protein powder. I am too lazy to bother with grinders, blenders etc.

    BTW to those looking for a low GI postworkout drink may be screwing yourself. Some foods have their GI increased by 100% or more when you do a simple thing such as grinding it up.


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  26. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    I didn't mean I put them in blender. I just scoop them into water with some protein powder. I am too lazy to bother with grinders, blenders etc.


    CROWLER
    Same here, I think they taste fine. Cup+water+1 cup oats=nummy in my tummy.
  27. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4828

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    Same here, I think they taste fine. Cup+water+1 cup oats=nummy in my tummy.

    Hey BUDDY!

    Congrats on the USP Labs deal, VERY well deserved!

    BTW I was doing some googling of various glycemic index numbers about 5 minuets ago and what do I see but a post by you right here on AM how grinding foods increases their GI

    Damn you are EVERY WHERE!


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  28. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by nightfly71
    If I'm not storing carbs as fat, I would consider that a benefit in and of itself. Not that I'm any sort of expert, but the theory behind WMS makes sense to me.
    And when you understand just how ridiculous that sounds, then you will understand how baseless the theory is.

    If it was true, you would be buying it from Merck.

    But it gives me one hell of a pump!!!!
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  29. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    how grinding foods increases their GI




    CROWLER
    Not oats.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  30. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4828

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Not oats.


    How about brown rice and if so by how much?


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  31. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    How about brown rice and if so by how much?


    CROWLER
    When you consider the number of grains and types, its impossible to tell. Mainly, wheats are the greatest effected, oats aren't at all.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  32. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Yes, oats aren't effected by processing like many other foods Crow-Diggity.
  33. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Oats can be effected by processing (instant vs. rolled), just not particle size.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  34. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Man, go ask your R&D department!
    Lake is busy oiling himself up!!!


  35. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4828

    Reputation

    steel cut?
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  36. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Are good.

    I wouldn't worry much, you are splitting hairs if you worry about oats and the differences.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  37. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4828

    Reputation

    How about brown rice flour?


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  38. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Man, go ask your R&D department!
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  39. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4828

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Man, go ask your R&D department!
    Bastige


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  40. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1962

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by machwon04
    How do you mix oats and whey PWO? Just regular dry oatmeal and whey mixed w/ some water in a shaker? It doesn't need to sit and saturate or anything? What kind of oats are you guys getting?

    oats, water, and whey in a blender .. mixes up just fine .. put it in two bottles ... one pre and one for post and i'm on my merry way
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Anyone else waste money on Repomen movie??
    By RoadBlocK in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 01:13 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 11:01 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-03-2008, 12:45 PM
  4. Bobo or anyone else that can help me find
    By freezito in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2007, 05:39 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-17-2005, 05:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in