hard to bulk in college

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.54%

hard to bulk in college

Ok, I am in college. I have terrible food in the cafeteria, a small fridge, and basically the exact opposite enviroment for bulking. What are some foods that I can get to keep in my dorm room I can use to bulk. I usually throw everything in the blender and drink it. I have tuna, chicken, cottage cheese, whey protein, and oats that I will just throw in my blender and drink. What other foods can I use? I need stuff that doesn't really need to be refrigerated. Do liquid egg whites need to be? I am slowly loosing weight since I got here and that is the exact opposite of what I planned on doing. I want to be studying and turning into a monster at the same time haha

2. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Maybe some (natural) peanut butter.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Protien bars, some ceral, Hormel Turkey Chili, jerkey (beef or turkey). I would use the fridge for some milk, eggs, bread (if needed in your area), lean turkey or ham, maybe some mustard or other healthy additions to a sandwich).

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I'm at college, and am bulking also. Here is what I do:

Breakfast:

We always have hardboiled eggs....I eat a ton of them. I also bag some and bring them back to my room. Egg whites (and some yolks) for the whole day...

Oatmeal - We have it every morning.

Fruit!

Lunch + Dinner:

I always have a couple glasses of milk. We have a salad bar that always has regular tuna. I add hot sauce and olive oil, and put it on a salad with kidney beans, broccoli, and what not. I can eat this whenever the "special" of the day doesn't fit my needs.

Also, we have a sandwhich "grill". I ask them for plain chicken breasts, and they generally give a couple to me.

Honestly, milk is your best friend. They are sure to have it. For your room, you can get some oats, protein, peanut butter, nuts, etc...

I am pretty lucky with my situation, but you should be able to make it work, although you might have to stomach some things that you don't like...
  5. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

This is literally what I eat:

Eggs, Tuna, Canned Chicken, Oats, Bread, Milk, Broccoli, Shredded Wheat

Find a Costco and stock up, easiest on the wallet
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.91%

im in your exact situation right now...like someone said before, milk is your friend. My cafeteria has 2 milk machines, so i just fill up a couple 16 oz bottles and drink 3 or 4 of them throughout the day.

Now, most of the food they have is fried but luckily they have a deli bar with tons of ham, turkey and roast beef...so i load up on that too.

but your going to have to make some sacrifices in food wise...id say its almost impossible to get a "clean" diet from college food, so just stick to what you think is healthiest and has the best functionality to what you are trying to do.
  7. board observer
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.05%

Canned Food: Low fat Hormel turkey chili and Dinty Moore stew, chicken & tuna, baked beans, black beans & kidney beans, green peas, corn, favorite fruits canned in juice or splenda (not syrup).

Whole wheat bread & whole wheat bagels, oatmeal, other good cereals, bananas, apples, prunes, microwavable brown rice. There are also some boxed microwavable meals (mac n cheese, tuna helper, etc) that can be prepared in a low fat way, just depends on how strict you wanna be.

Dry skim milk (use it in your shakes and save the milk in the fridge for meals and when you don't have time to use a blender), and whey protein.

Peanut Butter, Walnuts, Almonds, Light Olive Oil (for shakes).

In the fridge (all low fat or fat free): milk, cottage cheese, string cheese, sliced cheese, sliced turkey, eggs or egg white, broccoli, veggie dip (for the broccoli).

Extras: Splenda packets, light miracle whip, bbq sauce, soy sauce.

Hopefully at your cafeteria you can load up on veggies, skim milk, pasta, rice, and more veggies. Do your best to find a lean protein source there (chicken breasts would be sweet).
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.36%

peanut butter is great for bulking, mixed seeds like sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds are also good and they will provide you with a good source of EFA
  9. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by Moyer
    Canned Food: Low fat Hormel turkey chili and Dinty Moore stew, chicken & tuna, baked beans, black beans & kidney beans, green peas, corn, favorite fruits canned in juice or splenda (not syrup).

Whole wheat bread & whole wheat bagels, oatmeal, other good cereals, bananas, apples, prunes, microwavable brown rice. There are also some boxed microwavable meals (mac n cheese, tuna helper, etc) that can be prepared in a low fat way, just depends on how strict you wanna be.

Dry skim milk (use it in your shakes and save the milk in the fridge for meals and when you don't have time to use a blender), and whey protein.

Peanut Butter, Walnuts, Almonds, Light Olive Oil (for shakes).

In the fridge (all low fat or fat free): milk, cottage cheese, string cheese, sliced cheese, sliced turkey, eggs or egg white, broccoli, veggie dip (for the broccoli).

Extras: Splenda packets, light miracle whip, bbq sauce, soy sauce.

Hopefully at your cafeteria you can load up on veggies, skim milk, pasta, rice, and more veggies. Do your best to find a lean protein source there (chicken breasts would be sweet).
    good post
  10. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I would think college while living in the dorm is the place to bulk. Unlimited food 3 - 4 times a day plus some peanut butter and tuna back in the room

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.67%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Hell college was the one time in my life bulking was easy.....working 12 hours shifts 3-4 days a week keeps me scrambling to fit in all my meals.

Similar Forum Threads

1. College maihem Journal. An attempt to put in some hard work.
    By TexasLifter89 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-16-2009, 04:48 PM
  2. Best way to lean bulk in college?
    By DenDestroys in forum Bulking
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 01:02 PM
  3. Is it hard to follow a strict diet in college?
    By Rah22491 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-15-2008, 09:03 PM
  4. When to work in HCG in 15 week bulk cycle
    By Stunt1014 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 02:42 PM
  5. What's Your Favorite Supplement to Buy in Bulk?
    By SHSUStudent in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 06:26 PM