Couple FitDay Questions.

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.71%

Couple FitDay Questions.

I have a couple fitday questions. They should only take a second to answer.

I made a shake today with milk, oats, peanut butter, and whey. When I enter them into fitday I enter them seperately right? Or for some odd reason would the nutrition values multiply somehow?

Second question. For dinner I ate 2 lean beef burgers (93/7). When I try to find them in fitday it gives me the option "lean beef" under ground beef, but then again I found the option for "1/4lb cheeseburgers" under "meat sandwiches." Which one should I pick?

Thanks.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.51%

I made a shake today with milk, oats, peanut butter, and whey. When I enter them into fitday I enter them seperately right?
    You could either enter them separately, or create a NEW CUSTOM FOOD. Just Create "Protein Shake" or something and add up the above ingredients. Of course if you had more or less of one ingredient it would change, but if you drink the same shake you just just click "Protein Shake" and not worry about it.

For dinner I ate 2 lean beef burgers (93/7). When I try to find them in fitday it gives me the option "lean beef" under ground beef, but then again I found the option for "1/4lb cheeseburgers" under "meat sandwiches." Which one should I pick?
    I would create (again) a NEW CUSTOM FOOD. Just enter the macros for the 93% lean GB and call it 93% Beef. Then you'd be more accurate than if you clicked on "1/4 cheeseburgers."
    Of course you'd have to add the bun as well, and if you're really "picky" the condiments.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.71%

Quote Originally Posted by EESCHMan
    I would create (again) a NEW CUSTOM FOOD. Just enter the macros for the 93% lean GB and call it 93% Beef. Then you'd be more accurate than if you clicked on "1/4 cheeseburgers."
    Of course you'd have to add the bun as well, and if you're really "picky" the condiments.
    It doesn't list the macros on the beef package.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.71%

Just want to add another question.

I bought boneless, skinless chicken fingers. There are 6 of them. For nutrional info it says:

Net Weight - 1.17lb
    Serving size - 4oz raw (3oz roasted)
    Servings per container- varied
    Calories (cooked) - 100
    Total fat - 1g
    Saturated fat - 0g
    Carbs - 0g
    Protein - 23g

How do I figure out the nutritional value for each finger?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.8%

Unless you have a scale, its impossible to give you an exact breakdown of the nutrients in your bag of chicken. However here is an approximation based on the information given.

First I took the 1.17lb and converted it into ounces. (1.17 x 16) and you get 18.72. And since there are 6 pieces in your bag you take (18.72/6) and get 3.12 oz as the average weight of one of your pieces. That is just an estimate some will be smaller/larger obviously. For the calories, I divided their recommended 4oz serving by our 3.12 oz avg and got .78. I took (.78 x 100 calories) and got 78 calories for each 3.12 oz serving. For the total fat, take the difference in the recommended 4oz serving divided by our 3.12 oz avg and multiply by the 1g per 4oz serving (.78 x 1) and you get .78g of fat per each 3.12 oz serving. And finally for the protein, take 23 and multiply it by our .78 (23 x .78) and you get approximately 18g of protein per the 3.12 avg weight.

I am by no means a math whiz and could very well be wrong, but thats how I would figure that all out.

Similar Forum Threads

1. A couple of questions about igf
    By th0m in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2004, 11:47 AM
  2. Couple of Questions
    By Ramble in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-19-2004, 10:03 PM
  3. A couple stupid questions......
    By gobig1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-23-2004, 07:26 PM
  4. I got a coupl of questions fellas.....
    By Big_Red in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2003, 04:46 PM
  5. Couple Basic Questions
    By pogue in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 06:57 PM