Iowa ground beef recalled after E.Coli find: USDA

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I don't want to be recall boy but...........

Iowa ground beef recalled after E.Coli find: USDA

Fri Oct 6, 8:11 PM ET

An Iowa-based company has recalled more than 5,000 lbs. of ground beef after tests detected a harmful strain of the E. coli bacteria, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said on Friday.

No illness has been reported from potentially contaminated meat, which was produced on August 31 and September 1 by Jim's Market and Locker Inc., USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service said in a statement.

The firm voluntarily recalled the 5,226 lbs. of beef, which was moved to one retailer and distributors in Georgia, Iowa, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New York, Texas and Wisconsin, after tests found the 0157:H7 strain of the bacteria, USDA said.

That strain, which can be deadly, is found in cattle's intestines and manure.

The company was not available to comment.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
Well.... nothin but good news lately, eh? :blink:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like my hamburgers with Coli Slaw

TheGame46

Awards
YAY thats what I like to hear after eating like a lb a day for the last 2 weeks... I'm in iowa btw

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
YAY thats what I like to hear after eating like a lb a day for the last 2 weeks... I'm in iowa btw

Well I hope you don't know Jimmy, cuz 5,266 lbs. of it came from his place.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
that is why they have cooking instuctions on the packages, if you cook it right and handle carefully there should not be any problems. A LOT of hamburger probably has the bug in it and it is never found out. if you really want clean hamburger ether get the irradiated stuff (the processed rolls that last for months) or (my prefrance) get it from the amish