Hows my blood work look?

San Quinn

San Quinn

Awards
  • Established
Kinda worried about some of this, not sure if I am reading this right or not so could someone that has some knowledge on this please help me understand what all this means? And if theres anything I can do to improve my health please let me know.
Stats
Diabetes and high blood pressure runs in the family. I am 25 yrs old 5'11 200lbs. 17% body fat.

Thanks for your time

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3519/bt1cn1.jpg

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/6711/bt2gp8.jpg

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9452/bt3dk7.jpg

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What exactly are you worried about? I admit I con;y scanned but all the values seemed to be in the normal range according to the values to the right.

bigfucer

Awards
Kinda worried about some of this, not sure if I am reading this right or not so could someone that has some knowledge on this please help me understand what all this means? And if theres anything I can do to improve my health please let me know.
Stats
Diabetes and high blood pressure runs in the family. I am 25 yrs old 5'11 200lbs. 17% body fat.

Thanks for your time

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3519/bt1cn1.jpg

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/6711/bt2gp8.jpg

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9452/bt3dk7.jpg

All of the values are with in normal limits. I think overall you are in good shape with the blood chemistry. If you have to find something to worry about it is not found on ur lab results.

bbuck

Awards
Not only do they look in the normal range, but they look to be in a healthy range as well.

San Quinn

San Quinn

Awards
  • Established
Thanks

Ok I was reading it wrong at first. I thought it was saying I am at high risk for Diabetes/CVD and was thinking how? My mistake

The reason for blood work is that I had a abnormal EKG and also have a few other tests to go through.

bigfucer

Awards
Thanks

Ok I was reading it wrong at first. I thought it was saying I am at high risk for Diabetes/CVD and was thinking how? My mistake

The reason for blood work is that I had a abnormal EKG and also have a few other tests to go through.
Let me add this. You should keep an eye on the fasting glucose level. I believe it was in the low 90's if it goes above 100-105 level then you are at an increasing risk of diabetes. it does not mean you will get it just that the odds increase. but like a said before your values look great.

San Quinn

San Quinn

Awards
  • Established
Let me add this. You should keep an eye on the fasting glucose level. I believe it was in the low 90's if it goes above 100-105 level then you are at an increasing risk of diabetes. it does not mean you will get it just that the odds increase. but like a said before your values look great.
Thanks for the heads up

alan aragon

:nono:

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
I'd look into raising your HDL, seemed a bit low despite being within normal. Little things like adding fresh garlic to your cooking or even getting a garlic/allicin extract for a month or two would probably help that.
As for the rest of your 'work. its all good. especially good since the liver values, creatinine, uric acid etc. are fine (not overtraining)

Awards
I just got back my blood report too!

For my liver function test, my "Albumin" was 5.1d/dl, while the "normal" range for me is "3.4 - 4.8".

I am told in the email report that:

"Your total protein / albumin / globulin levels/ratio is not within normal range. This may reflect problems with dietary intake, liver, kidney conditions or inflammation in the body. Further assessment by your doctor is recommended."

My globulin levels/ratio is within normal range, so the only problem is with albumin.

Should I be worried? Or happy? :) I can't find anything wrong on the web with having too Albumin levels that are too high. Most of the problems I found are associated with low levels of Albumin.

According to this link,

Albumin: The Test

, high Albumin levels could be associated with dehydration and the use of steroids or insulin. But I am not using any. :)

Should I cut my protein intake? I only take my protein shakes after my work out, and that's only about twice a week, and I don't reallly eat a lot of protein. :)

alan aragon

alan aragon

Awards
I just got back my blood report too!

For my liver function test, my "Albumin" was 5.1d/dl, while the "normal" range for me is "3.4 - 4.8".

I am told in the email report that:

"Your total protein / albumin / globulin levels/ratio is not within normal range. This may reflect problems with dietary intake, liver, kidney conditions or inflammation in the body. Further assessment by your doctor is recommended."

My globulin levels/ratio is within normal range, so the only problem is with albumin.

Should I be worried? Or happy? :) I can't find anything wrong on the web with having too Albumin levels that are too high. Most of the problems I found are associated with low levels of Albumin.

According to this link,

Albumin: The Test

, high Albumin levels could be associated with dehydration and the use of steroids or insulin. But I am not using any. :)

Should I cut my protein intake? I only take my protein shakes after my work out, and that's only about twice a week, and I don't reallly eat a lot of protein. :)
Long as your foundational water intake is good (appx 1 ml/kcal in addition to whatever you have surrounding & during training), I wouldn't worry about it. You can drive yourself absolutely crazy fixating on every little parameter that isn't within the "golden" range. Take for example creatine use, it tends to elevate blood creatinine levels in some guys, but that doesn't necessarily mean kidney malfunction. It's just an indication of increased creatine turnover as a result of supplementation. And here you are, not even consuming a lot of protein, so all the more reason to not worry about it. Just my opinion, you doctor's opinion is definitely worth more than my 2 cents.

Awards
Long as your foundational water intake is good (appx 1 ml/kcal in addition to whatever you have surrounding & during training), I wouldn't worry about it. You can drive yourself absolutely crazy fixating on every little parameter that isn't within the "golden" range. Take for example creatine use, it tends to elevate blood creatinine levels in some guys, but that doesn't necessarily mean kidney malfunction. It's just an indication of increased creatine turnover as a result of supplementation. And here you are, not even consuming a lot of protein, so all the more reason to not worry about it. Just my opinion, you doctor's opinion is definitely worth more than my 2 cents.
thanks, hehe. :)

Yeah, most of my colleauges who went for this health checkup have at least 1 parameter not in the "perfect" range too. e.g. urine too alkaline, etc.