Article Ideas/Topics Wanted

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by NYhomeboy
    Frankly I still would like the whole fasted/low intensity cardio vs. high intensity cardio to be tackled once and for all... I know from what I read from Alan he's a guru of sorts, but doesn't believe in low intensity cardio, whereas I've never seen Bobo proven wrong about exercise/training, and he favors low intensity. Let the battle begin *ding ding ding*
    I like it low.


    Alan tends to speak in terms of covering all bases and a wider crowd unless otherwise stated. I tend to speak on a more limited crowd, therefore when discussing certain topics you have to take the situation and goal into question.

    Preference of cardio has everything to do with you current resistance training program. Since most of my clients tend to workout 5x/week it makes little sense for me to tell them to perform HIIT another 4x/week.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  2. Question


    Quote Originally Posted by alan aragon
    What would you guys like to read about? I'll post more on the subjects that I see a particularly common interest in, and I'll write full-blown articles on topics that I also have a personal interested in. Brainstorm away, I'm open to anything from controversies, noncontroversies, dead horses that refuse to go quietly, all the way to live ones begging to be beaten down. No idea is a bad one.

    Thanks.
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    •   
       


  3. If he took my "magic Beans" I bet 800% farther than he could without

  4. Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    That would require a triple-blind (that's when you blind the statistician as well as the investigators & subjects) placebo-controlled multicenter intervention trial, preferably replicated 5x.

  5. Only thing Im interested in would be about non-responders Only "oral" products I respond to are food and stims so I have a personal interest in this
    •   
       

  6. Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    The myth of meal frequency....or is it?
    I would love to hear more on this subject. Also meal frequency effects while bulking Vs. cutting.!!!!

  7. I vote for carb cycling.

  8. theres an ongoing thread about diet sodas going on right now. i would love to hear an experts opinion as to weather any artificial sweeteners are detrimental to your physique and if they impact insulin in any way. i have absolutely no interest as to weather or not they are safe for my health. im stubborn like that

    this has probably been covered before so illrun a search to try to dig up some info brought up here in the past. alan, i would appreciate it if you could contribute to the above mentioned thread.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Moyer


    I thought you recommended lots of protein when bulking?
    im sure the reasoning behind too much protein during bulking has to do with the increased amount of cals, especially in the form of carbs and fats, sparing protein so not as much is required as one may think. protein potentially has the fate to convert to glucose or fats via the liver, but a greater portion of the amino acids will do what they are intended (muscle building) in a surplus because this conversion isnt as necessary with the presence of more carbs/fats included in your diet.

    that is my speculation, but i am a finance major

  10. Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeHulk
    theres an ongoing thread about diet sodas going on right now. i would love to hear an experts opinion as to weather any artificial sweeteners are detrimental to your physique and if they impact insulin in any way. i have absolutely no interest as to weather or not they are safe for my health. im stubborn like that

    this has probably been covered before so illrun a search to try to dig up some info brought up here in the past. alan, i would appreciate it if you could contribute to the above mentioned thread.
    Apparently there's no significant effect of aspartame on insulin:
    ______________________________ _______

    Am J Clin Nutr. 1989 Mar;49(3):427-32.
    Aspartame and its constituent amino acids: effects on prolactin, cortisol, growth hormone, insulin, and glucose in normal humans.

    Carlson HE, Shah JH.
    Medical and Research Services, Northport and Harry S Truman Memorial VA Hospitals, NY 11768.

    Because large doses of phenylalanine stimulate prolactin secretion in man, we studied the acute effects of oral doses of aspartame (0.534 g, equivalent to the amount of aspartame in approximately 1 L beverage), aspartic acid (0.242 g), and phenylalanine (0.3 and 1.0 g) on serum prolactin and other hormones in normal humans. Prolactin was not stimulated by any of the aspartame meals, aspartic acid, or 0.3 g phenylalanine; a small rise in serum prolactin, similar to that produced by a high-protein mixed meal, followed ingestion of 1.0 g phenylalanine. Serum growth hormone showed no statistically significant changes in response to any of the experimental meals whereas cortisol and insulin fell slightly and glucose rose slightly during each of the meals. We conclude that these doses of aspartame do not alter secretion of prolactin, cortisol, growth hormone, or insulin in normal individuals.
    ______________________________ _________

    Negative impact of aspartame on bodycomp is highly unlikely. Health is another story. There is no data I could find on the direct measurement of insulinogenesis via sucralose, but it's probably negligible.

  11. Thanks for the ideas & votes for ideas, everyone. Keep'm coming.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by alan aragon
    Apparently there's no significant effect of aspartame on insulin:
    ______________________________ _______

    Am J Clin Nutr. 1989 Mar;49(3):427-32.
    Aspartame and its constituent amino acids: effects on prolactin, cortisol, growth hormone, insulin, and glucose in normal humans.

    Carlson HE, Shah JH.
    Medical and Research Services, Northport and Harry S Truman Memorial VA Hospitals, NY 11768.

    Because large doses of phenylalanine stimulate prolactin secretion in man, we studied the acute effects of oral doses of aspartame (0.534 g, equivalent to the amount of aspartame in approximately 1 L beverage), aspartic acid (0.242 g), and phenylalanine (0.3 and 1.0 g) on serum prolactin and other hormones in normal humans. Prolactin was not stimulated by any of the aspartame meals, aspartic acid, or 0.3 g phenylalanine; a small rise in serum prolactin, similar to that produced by a high-protein mixed meal, followed ingestion of 1.0 g phenylalanine. Serum growth hormone showed no statistically significant changes in response to any of the experimental meals whereas cortisol and insulin fell slightly and glucose rose slightly during each of the meals. We conclude that these doses of aspartame do not alter secretion of prolactin, cortisol, growth hormone, or insulin in normal individuals.
    ______________________________ _________

    Negative impact of aspartame on bodycomp is highly unlikely. Health is another story. There is no data I could find on the direct measurement of insulinogenesis via sucralose, but it's probably negligible.
    awesome info, that was exactly what i was lookin for
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Don't want to cut or bulk, idea-need some advice
    By LetFireFall in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 10:09 AM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 04:56 PM
  3. The topic no one wants to talk about!
    By IronMind in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-20-2006, 06:23 AM
  4. Topical test? Is it a good Idea?
    By justin_marteney in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-20-2006, 02:35 AM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Log in
Log in