Hair falling out... deficiency?

NYhomeboy

Awards
  • Established
A few weeks ago, I noticed that my hair was starting to shed. It wasn't very much, and it's not really a problem, but if I were to grab a handful of hair and give a tug, a few strands of hair would come out. This has never happened before, as my hair has always been tightly on my head. My diet is solid and I am taking a multi, calcium, zinc, anti-oxidants, and a lot of different whole foods per day. The only thing that I can think of is that I've been cutting for approx 24 weeks now (very slowly) losing at the rate of approx. 1 lb per week.

Can anyone think of why this might be happening? Some mineral or micro deficiency I should be supplementing with? This has happened me before, about 6 years ago when I was semi-anorexic and had a very bad diet (lost about 50 lbs).

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If your diet is reasonably balanced and you're not taking any androgenic substances it's probably just genetics. Reality bites...

NYhomeboy

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking it could be for a very prolonged caloric deficit though... Reason is, this never happens while bulking or during a short cut, and this happened once before when I was on a very long/unhealthy cut.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Also any history of MPB in your family? Especially, as I understand, on your mother's side?