Need help with my wrist
- 08-31-2006, 11:11 PM
Need help with my wrist
Im 16 and having been lifting for a while all a sudden for the last month my left wrist has been hurting bad. After i do any exercises that has to do with with my hands or my wrist bending a lil (basicly all upper body) well after i lift the second i realease on the weight i have an extreme sharp pain on the sides and on the bottom of my wrists for like 6 seconds and then goes away. I have tried alot of things i tryed lifting less. Been noticing if i had been doing any of my exercises wrong. take a week off. ice it after working out, and i still have a problem. Has any one experinced this or no what is wrong.
P.s( didnt no if this was the right section of forum for this kinda of topic dont be hatin)
- 08-31-2006, 11:28 PM
08-31-2006, 11:29 PM
08-31-2006, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by surfnskate98
It's dumb bells and not dung bells.
The straight bar keeps your wrists at uncomfortable angles. From now on use an E-Z Bar. It's the one with two curvies in it. Also, when you are using dumb bells are you doing hammer curls?
Do dumb bell curls on an incline bench .
09-01-2006, 07:45 AM
I used to do hammer curls but i dont any more. Is the bar that also use has 4 notchs in it one with close grip and wide grip.
09-01-2006, 07:50 AM
mmm Dung bells!
Wrist placement and grip can cause the problems. Having a death grip and placing your wrists at a unnatural angle can wreak havoc on the wrists. Being young and having this problem is bad, imho. Young people can usually get away with nasty form because of the recovery being so quick.
09-01-2006, 01:09 PM
how long have u been lifting and how heavy have you been lifting. lifting heavy at a young age like others have said can be horrible for your joints.
my advice would be
1. go see a orthopedic to make sure you dont have any serious wrist damage
2. the wrist is a pretty delicate area so taking off just a week might not be long enough. take off for a few weeks while doing simple resistant exercise with bands to help strengthen the surrounding muscles without reaggravating the wrist.
3. FORM FORM FORM when you do get back make sure your form is flawless with exercises that put any tension on your wrist or else you will be right back where u started.
Similar Forum Threads
- By sundevil04 in forum SupplementsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-17-2006, 01:14 AM
- By Likewise in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 1Last Post: 08-10-2005, 09:10 PM
- By Ript22Swole in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 1Last Post: 02-12-2005, 06:24 PM
- By bionicBC in forum AnabolicsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-04-2004, 01:19 PM
- By Zack in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 05-12-2003, 06:58 PM