Welcome Alan Aragon!!!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just want to welcome Alan Aragon to AM. Even though he has been a member for quite some time he is taking over the reigns of the Nutrition section. If you are not familiar with Alan he is IMO one of the brightest minds out there when it comes to Nutrition. You will soon find this out in time the more you interact with him.

Welcome Alan!!!

:clap2:

alan aragon

alan aragon

Awards
I just want to welcome Alan Aragon to AM. Even though he has been a member for quite some time he is taking over the reigns of the Nutrition section. If you are not familiar with Alan he is IMO one of the brightest minds out there when it comes to Nutrition. You will soon find this out in time the more you interact with him.

Welcome Alan!!!

:clap2:
Thanks very much for the intro, Bobo.

It's a pleasure & an honor to be part of the team!

tattoopierced1

good to have you Alan.

what kind of a background/experience do you have?

NYhomeboy

Awards
  • Established
I believe heard the name Alan Aragon thrown around a lot when discussing PWO knowledge. Welcome bro.

alan aragon

alan aragon

Awards
good to have you Alan.

what kind of a background/experience do you have?
Hello TP1.

Impromptu bio I shall blurt out right now:

I am an absolute nut for this stuff. I pride myself on being honest to a fault. I am research/science-biased when it comes to my stance on various nutritional issues. I love to learn as well as teach. Wife wrestling is my favorite sport, Bodybuilding is my 2nd favorite, MMA a distant 3rd.

Bio I use for conferences/courses:

Alan Aragon has over a decade of experience in the fitness field. He is one of the industry's most in-demand speakers. Alan earned his Bachelor & Master of Science in Nutrition with top honors. He is a continuing education provider accredited by the Commission on Dietetic Registration, National Academy of Sports Medicine, American Council on Exercise, and National Strength & Conditioning Association. He lectures for a broad range of audiences including universities, dietetic district conferences, and corporations. Alan recently spoke on the subject of diets to clinicians at the Food & Drug Administration, as well as the annual conference of the Los Angeles Dietetic Association. He maintains a private counseling practice, designing programs for professional athletes and people of all other walks of life.

Complete Bio (attached)

Thanks in advance for the welcome's :)

Attachments

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bam!!

(felt appropriate :) )

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Welcome aboard.

Keep us updated on speaking engagements. I could always use CE's

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hello TP1.

Impromptu bio I shall blurt out right now:

I am an absolute nut for this stuff. I pride myself on being honest to a fault. I am research/science-biased when it comes to my stance on various nutritional issues. I love to learn as well as teach. Wife wrestling is my favorite sport, Bodybuilding is my 2nd favorite, MMA a distant 3rd.

Bio I use for conferences/courses:

Alan Aragon has over a decade of experience in the fitness field. He is one of the industry's most in-demand speakers. Alan earned his Bachelor & Master of Science in Nutrition with top honors. He is a continuing education provider accredited by the Commission on Dietetic Registration, National Academy of Sports Medicine, American Council on Exercise, and National Strength & Conditioning Association. He lectures for a broad range of audiences including universities, dietetic district conferences, and corporations. Alan recently spoke on the subject of diets to clinicians at the Food & Drug Administration, as well as the annual conference of the Los Angeles Dietetic Association. He maintains a private counseling practice, designing programs for professional athletes and people of all other walks of life.

Complete Bio (attached)

Thanks in advance for the welcome's :)
Awesome! Not only are you local to me but we also share the same Alma Mater!

:cheers:

alan aragon

alan aragon

Awards
I definitely will keep e'ryone updated on the CEU talks, assuming there are a good amount of trainers & other fitness professionals who dwell here.

Ziricote - thanks for biting into my workout, I was glued to that goddamn Jack Black clip!! :p

All - I owe a lot to Bobo, & I've learned a lot from him..
Lookin' forward to answering Q's, discussing, & debating all things nutrition. This is gonna be a blast.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
I definitely will keep e'ryone updated on the CEU talks, assuming there are a good amount of trainers & other fitness professionals who dwell here.

Ziricote - thanks for biting into my workout, I was glued to that goddamn Jack Black clip!! :p

All - I owe a lot to Bobo, & I've learned a lot from him..
Lookin' forward to answering Q's, discussing, & debating all things nutrition. This is gonna be a blast.
lol, happy to have been a hinderance! :lol:

parttimer

Awards
  • Established
Basically he has a bunch of letters that follow his name that make him important.

alan aragon

alan aragon

Awards
Basically he has a bunch of letters that follow his name that make him important.
Nah man, I disagree. The formal credentials don't mean a whole lot. There's a ton of guys with stacks of degrees who have jack sh1t's worth of knowledge about bodybuilding & sports nutrition. Some, in fact MOST of the guys in this industry who I consider peers and/or mentors have ZERO formal degrees. They're just great thinkers who have applied themselves. You know what? Fck the degrees & the certifications. The fact that for years I've been the sole supporter of a family by teaching people about nutrition speaks louder than the paper credentials.

Thanks for the welcome.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the team Alan glad to have you aboard.

Parttimer no need for the atitude I hope you didn't mean to come across like that to a new and respected member.

Nah man, I disagree. The formal credentials don't mean a whole lot. There's a ton of guys with stacks of degrees who have jack sh1t's worth of knowledge about bodybuilding & sports nutrition. Some, in fact MOST of the guys in this industry who I consider peers and/or mentors have ZERO formal degrees. They're just great thinkers who have applied themselves. You know what? Fck the degrees & the certifications. The fact that for years I've been the sole supporter of a family by teaching people about nutrition speaks louder than the paper credentials.

Thanks for the welcome.
Amen

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Thanks for the welcome.
I don't think he meant to come off like a jerk. If so, Jayhawkk will take him out back and give him a nice spanking.

Last edited by a moderator:
BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Thanks for the welcome.
so true, but the credentials do lend some credibilty.Looking foward to learning from you and :welcome:

parttimer

Awards
  • Established
Sorry was meant as a joke! Not intending to piss someone off.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Son of a *****. Guess i'll have to satisfy my needs elsewhere. You're lucky Parttimer!

parttimer

Awards
  • Established
Do you spank with a wet noodle?
Sometimes my sense of humor comes off a little screwy.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My wife calls it a redwood. I always wondered why she yelled timber during sex.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
welcome Alan, glad to see AM get such a useful person like this. Looking forward to watching some of the debates and learning along the way

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Hello and WELCOME Alan.

CROWLER

alan aragon

alan aragon

Awards
Sorry was meant as a joke! Not intending to piss someone off.
No worries bro. I'd be tempted to say the same thing if some seemingly narcissistic bastard popped onto the board from out of nowhere. And I do have a sense of humor, so heckle away. My credentials mainly serve as proof that: 1) I studied a lot, and 2) I missed out on a lot of poontang in my prime years. See, I can be crude on these boards because I know none of my dietitian students go anywhere near here :D

Thanks for the welcomes guys..

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
We are happy you're here Alan. :)

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
BOOYAH!!! alan aragon is at AM! ive learned much from your posts over at bb.com and your contribution to some of those threads is priceless. i love the debates with you, lanyne, derek, mark, and chuck about the cut diet. right now, im following that diet with a few minor adjustments so i can get carbs around workout times. anyways, much respect for you alan. its nice to have another nutrition guru on board.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Welcome Alan! I look foreward to picking your brain in the following weeks.

parttimer

Awards
  • Established
My wife calls it a redwood. I always wondered why she yelled timber during sex.
You sure shes not confusing it with a weeping willow? hehe

Anyway welcome Alan. I think its neat someone can actually sit and read/learn all the material in regards to sports nutrition. I find myself zoning out sometimes when trying to comprehend this stuff.

alan aragon

alan aragon

Awards
Anyway welcome Alan. I think its neat someone can actually sit and read/learn all the material in regards to sports nutrition. I find myself zoning out sometimes when trying to comprehend this stuff.
Thanks dude. Sometimes all the jargon & minutia can cause sleep or boredom, but that's the nature of the beast. As we all know, there is a good number of ubernerds who love it, and they will be in jargon heaven at times, I can't help it. However, I will try to make my translations of the science as readable & applicable as possible.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to AM Alan if Bobo raves about you then you should be pretty damn good at this :)

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Welcome Alan.

I didn't know who you were so I went over to bb.com for a bit and ended up spending quite a few hours reading through some of your posts. It was really enjoyable in a nerdy bodybuilding sorta way. :type:

Glad to have you here.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sometimes concepts can’t be sufficiently conveyed through cyber debates, where emotionally-driven flexing and posturing for the public take priority over honest, objective, and thorough examination of the evidence.

I think Alan is going to make a fine addition to AM. :head:

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
Welcome Welcome glad to have you here big guy!