Welcome Alan Aragon!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Welcome Alan Aragon!!!

I just want to welcome Alan Aragon to AM. Even though he has been a member for quite some time he is taking over the reigns of the Nutrition section. If you are not familiar with Alan he is IMO one of the brightest minds out there when it comes to Nutrition. You will soon find this out in time the more you interact with him.

Welcome Alan!!!

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

2. Welcome Alan!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    I just want to welcome Alan Aragon to AM. Even though he has been a member for quite some time he is taking over the reigns of the Nutrition section. If you are not familiar with Alan he is IMO one of the brightest minds out there when it comes to Nutrition. You will soon find this out in time the more you interact with him.

Welcome Alan!!!

Thanks very much for the intro, Bobo.

It's a pleasure & an honor to be part of the team!
    •   

4. tattoopierced1

good to have you Alan.

what kind of a background/experience do you have?

5. Alan Aragon or...YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    Whoever you are it's good to see you as part of the AM team.

6. I believe heard the name Alan Aragon thrown around a lot when discussing PWO knowledge. Welcome bro.

7. Awesome. Welcome!

8. Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1
    good to have you Alan.

what kind of a background/experience do you have?
    Hello TP1.

Impromptu bio I shall blurt out right now:

I am an absolute nut for this stuff. I pride myself on being honest to a fault. I am research/science-biased when it comes to my stance on various nutritional issues. I love to learn as well as teach. Wife wrestling is my favorite sport, Bodybuilding is my 2nd favorite, MMA a distant 3rd.

Bio I use for conferences/courses:

Alan Aragon has over a decade of experience in the fitness field. He is one of the industry's most in-demand speakers. Alan earned his Bachelor & Master of Science in Nutrition with top honors. He is a continuing education provider accredited by the Commission on Dietetic Registration, National Academy of Sports Medicine, American Council on Exercise, and National Strength & Conditioning Association. He lectures for a broad range of audiences including universities, dietetic district conferences, and corporations. Alan recently spoke on the subject of diets to clinicians at the Food & Drug Administration, as well as the annual conference of the Los Angeles Dietetic Association. He maintains a private counseling practice, designing programs for professional athletes and people of all other walks of life.

Complete Bio (attached)

Thanks in advance for the welcome's
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Bam!!

(felt appropriate )
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  10. Unbreakable

Hi Alan

11. Welcome aboard.

Keep us updated on speaking engagements. I could always use CE's
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC

12. Quote Originally Posted by alan aragon
    Hello TP1.

Impromptu bio I shall blurt out right now:

I am an absolute nut for this stuff. I pride myself on being honest to a fault. I am research/science-biased when it comes to my stance on various nutritional issues. I love to learn as well as teach. Wife wrestling is my favorite sport, Bodybuilding is my 2nd favorite, MMA a distant 3rd.

Bio I use for conferences/courses:

Alan Aragon has over a decade of experience in the fitness field. He is one of the industry's most in-demand speakers. Alan earned his Bachelor & Master of Science in Nutrition with top honors. He is a continuing education provider accredited by the Commission on Dietetic Registration, National Academy of Sports Medicine, American Council on Exercise, and National Strength & Conditioning Association. He lectures for a broad range of audiences including universities, dietetic district conferences, and corporations. Alan recently spoke on the subject of diets to clinicians at the Food & Drug Administration, as well as the annual conference of the Los Angeles Dietetic Association. He maintains a private counseling practice, designing programs for professional athletes and people of all other walks of life.

Complete Bio (attached)

Thanks in advance for the welcome's
    Awesome! Not only are you local to me but we also share the same Alma Mater!

13. I definitely will keep e'ryone updated on the CEU talks, assuming there are a good amount of trainers & other fitness professionals who dwell here.

Ziricote - thanks for biting into my workout, I was glued to that goddamn Jack Black clip!!

All - I owe a lot to Bobo, & I've learned a lot from him..
    Lookin' forward to answering Q's, discussing, & debating all things nutrition. This is gonna be a blast.

14. Quote Originally Posted by alan aragon
    I definitely will keep e'ryone updated on the CEU talks, assuming there are a good amount of trainers & other fitness professionals who dwell here.

Ziricote - thanks for biting into my workout, I was glued to that goddamn Jack Black clip!!

All - I owe a lot to Bobo, & I've learned a lot from him..
    Lookin' forward to answering Q's, discussing, & debating all things nutrition. This is gonna be a blast.
    lol, happy to have been a hinderance!

15. Basically he has a bunch of letters that follow his name that make him important.

16. Quote Originally Posted by parttimer
    Basically he has a bunch of letters that follow his name that make him important.
    Nah man, I disagree. The formal credentials don't mean a whole lot. There's a ton of guys with stacks of degrees who have jack sh1t's worth of knowledge about bodybuilding & sports nutrition. Some, in fact MOST of the guys in this industry who I consider peers and/or mentors have ZERO formal degrees. They're just great thinkers who have applied themselves. You know what? Fck the degrees & the certifications. The fact that for years I've been the sole supporter of a family by teaching people about nutrition speaks louder than the paper credentials.

Thanks for the welcome.

17. Welcome to the team Alan glad to have you aboard.

Parttimer no need for the atitude I hope you didn't mean to come across like that to a new and respected member.
  18. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alan aragon
    Nah man, I disagree. The formal credentials don't mean a whole lot. There's a ton of guys with stacks of degrees who have jack sh1t's worth of knowledge about bodybuilding & sports nutrition. Some, in fact MOST of the guys in this industry who I consider peers and/or mentors have ZERO formal degrees. They're just great thinkers who have applied themselves. You know what? Fck the degrees & the certifications. The fact that for years I've been the sole supporter of a family by teaching people about nutrition speaks louder than the paper credentials.

Thanks for the welcome.
    Amen

19. welcome Alan.

20. Quote Originally Posted by alan aragon

Thanks for the welcome.
    I don't think he meant to come off like a jerk. If so, Jayhawkk will take him out back and give him a nice spanking.
    Last edited by yeahright; 08-31-2006 at 10:48 PM.

21. Quote Originally Posted by alan aragon

Thanks for the welcome.
    so true, but the credentials do lend some credibilty.Looking foward to learning from you and

22. Someone mention spankings?

23. Sorry was meant as a joke! Not intending to piss someone off.

24. Son of a *****. Guess i'll have to satisfy my needs elsewhere. You're lucky Parttimer!

25. Do you spank with a wet noodle?
    Sometimes my sense of humor comes off a little screwy.

26. My wife calls it a redwood. I always wondered why she yelled timber during sex.

27. Welcome!

28. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Son of a *****. Guess i'll have to satisfy my needs elsewhere. You're lucky Parttimer!
    LOL Parttimer you got lucky this time.

29. welcome Alan, glad to see AM get such a useful person like this. Looking forward to watching some of the debates and learning along the way

30. Welcome Alan!

31. Hello and WELCOME Alan.

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

32. Quote Originally Posted by parttimer
    Sorry was meant as a joke! Not intending to piss someone off.
    No worries bro. I'd be tempted to say the same thing if some seemingly narcissistic bastard popped onto the board from out of nowhere. And I do have a sense of humor, so heckle away. My credentials mainly serve as proof that: 1) I studied a lot, and 2) I missed out on a lot of poontang in my prime years. See, I can be crude on these boards because I know none of my dietitian students go anywhere near here

Thanks for the welcomes guys..

33. We are happy you're here Alan.
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html

34. BOOYAH!!! alan aragon is at AM! ive learned much from your posts over at bb.com and your contribution to some of those threads is priceless. i love the debates with you, lanyne, derek, mark, and chuck about the cut diet. right now, im following that diet with a few minor adjustments so i can get carbs around workout times. anyways, much respect for you alan. its nice to have another nutrition guru on board.

35. Welcome Alan!

36. Welcome Alan! I look foreward to picking your brain in the following weeks.

37. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    My wife calls it a redwood. I always wondered why she yelled timber during sex.
    You sure shes not confusing it with a weeping willow? hehe

Anyway welcome Alan. I think its neat someone can actually sit and read/learn all the material in regards to sports nutrition. I find myself zoning out sometimes when trying to comprehend this stuff.

38. Quote Originally Posted by parttimer
    Anyway welcome Alan. I think its neat someone can actually sit and read/learn all the material in regards to sports nutrition. I find myself zoning out sometimes when trying to comprehend this stuff.
    Thanks dude. Sometimes all the jargon & minutia can cause sleep or boredom, but that's the nature of the beast. As we all know, there is a good number of ubernerds who love it, and they will be in jargon heaven at times, I can't help it. However, I will try to make my translations of the science as readable & applicable as possible.

39. Welcome and I look forward to your input.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Alan Aragon and Jeff Volek discuss low-carbohydrate diets
    By The Solution in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2013, 05:01 PM
  2. interview with Alan Aragon on paleo diet
    By JudoJosh in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 09:08 AM
  3. Protein Intake ---> Reference from Alan Aragon:
    By The Solution in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 44