Four Teas Are Better Than Water

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Four Teas Are Better Than Water

Evening Standard - London

08-25-06

DRINKING four cups of tea a day can be better for health than plain water, a study claimed today. Tea rehydrates the body and also offers protection against heart disease and cancer, according to research published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition.

This overturns the common belief that drinking tea leads to dehydration.

Dr Carrie Ruxton said the "overwhelming evidence" was that tea, which contains cell-preserving antioxidants, was better for health than water.

Gator762

Awards
I get that dehydrated feeling from more bitter (than green or chamomile) teas like earl grey. Good news that it does not. I guess that's a good thing anyway because it makes me drink more water afterward!

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Can't wait for summer to end so I'll feel like drinking tea again.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
drink it cold....it tatses good still.
Yeah, I should make-up a batch, let it cool and put it into a container.....but my unusual method of operation is to just stumble into the kitchen (both at home and work), put on the kettle and brew up a cup or two, take back to desk (home or work) and drink while I type away. The urg to do this goes away when it's 90 degrees.

R_Alan1

R_Alan1

Awards
  • Established
my mom always takes a glass gallon jar fills it with water and like 6 or 7 tea bags and lets it sit in the sun for a few days, then she puts it in the fridge and drinks up good cold tea. same as grilling your chicken for the week all at once...

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
my mom always takes a glass gallon jar fills it with water and like 6 or 7 tea bags and lets it sit in the sun for a few days, then she puts it in the fridge and drinks up good cold tea. same as grilling your chicken for the week all at once...
We used to do that when I was a kid....called it "sun tea."

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I may start doing this again. I just add sucralose and lemon juice to the mix. I used this all last summer at work and had totally forgotten about it until now.