Belly Button pain...

1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.31%

Belly Button pain...

Over the last two or three days, I have noticed that there is a mild pain, or something that feels awful tight when I lift something. I am thinking maybe a hernia ?? Not sure, There are no bumps, and nothing is really sore, just feels like something is tight and wants to or needs to rip loose.
    Any ideas ? Seemed to happen after working out last friday. Maybe after doing crunches, or reverse crunches. I have felt pain after a good setup workout, but this is not what this is.

Like I said, its kinda strange feeling. I can feel it even when I am just sitting still as well.

Any info or help is appreicated.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I think you'd know all about it if it was a hernia, sounds odd though...are you bloated at all when you get these pains?
  3. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.23%

Yeah, I'm far from an expert on this but I believe if you had a hernia it would be lower and the the left or right. You should just take it easy for a few days.
    •   

4. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Hernias are not always complete tears. Mine went on for years before there was an actual protrusion(sp). Those are exactly the symptoms I had initailly and four years later I had a protrusion. I have since had a surgery and it ended up being a double hernia (umbilical and epigastric) by the time I got it done. The thing is you cannot diagnose what you cannot diagnose. That same doctor who did my surgery told me four years earlier that I had no hernia.
  5. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.31%

No, Not bloated, But it a feeling like your belly is really full and like your belly button or the area around it needs to rip or tear a bit. Or maybe someone is sticking a pencil into your belly button.. Heck, Its hard to describe..
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.89%

Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    Hernias are not always complete tears. Mine went on for years before there was an actual protrusion(sp). Those are exactly the symptoms I had initailly and four years later I had a protrusion. I have since had a surgery and it ended up being a double hernia (umbilical and epigastric) by the time I got it done. The thing is you cannot diagnose what you cannot diagnose. That same doctor who did my surgery told me four years earlier that I had no hernia.
    I'm thinking this might be a good explanation Stinger. I've actually felt something similar on and off again for a few years, going away almost as quickly as it's noticed. Mainly my pain is felt during urination and burns slightly from belly button to just above my pen 15.
  7. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.31%

No pain during urination that I am aware of. Will see next time. I will definitly pay close attention to this.
    So, Is it ok for me to continue to lift. Maybe just lift lighter ?
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.89%

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger124
    No pain during urination that I am aware of. Will see next time. I will definitly pay close attention to this.
    So, Is it ok for me to continue to lift. Maybe just lift lighter ?
    That's all you. If I ain't dead or in some serious pain I'm liftin' balls out. Then again, if I'm in serious pain, I'm not working out period. I only have one intensity setting.
  9. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Umbilical hernias are often congenital.

The umbilical cord that used to be attached to your mother is cut, then falls off. Once this takes place the hole in the abdominal muscles where the umbilical cord used to be is supposed to close up. In some cases it never does completely. It is not rare, quite common actualy.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.25%

LOL. Man, I was going post this exact same thing. I get something very similar every once and a while. It happened once when I dove on my bed, fully stretching out. It always goes away though. My recent experience, was when I was lifting something over my head and the stretching apparently roused it again. I dunno, maybe I should go to the doctor. It's wierd because I never get it by doing sit-ups or leg extensions.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.83%

Same thing happens with me its right around my belly button feels like something is ripping and if I sit in the right position im ok it goes away after a little bit but I remember this pain for some time now
  12. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.31%

Seems to have gone away for now..

Similar Forum Threads

1. No Belly Button.....
    By HeIsLegend in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 10:36 PM
  2. A pouch? In belly button area? bloat or fat?
    By tommyboy in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 08:29 PM
  3. Repost on how to reduce injection pain
    By Matthew D in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-15-2005, 10:20 AM
  4. Muscle pain and working out
    By windwords7 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-07-2003, 02:03 AM
  5. Distended belly