Sweet Potato fries

will175

will175

Awards
If you have the urge to eat fries is sweet potato fries heathier for you.:think:

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Home-made "fries" should be a little healthier if you use fresh potatoes.

will175

will175

Awards
yah I agree, but if I used sweet potato instead would that be heathier.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I make my own sweet potato chips. Cut a sweet potato in thin slices. Take a cookie sheet and spray some olive oil on it then a dash of salt and pepper. Lay the chips down flat on the sheet then spray them with olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper. Put in the oven on a medium temp until they become slightly golden around the edges.

When I say spray it’s because I use this device that lets me add my own olive oil that I have pump every now and then. It sprays the olive oil out in a mist.

And yes I find them for myself to be better then using normal potato.

will175

will175

Awards
thanks Rivet for your info..I will try that recipe. Where did you get the oil sprayer.

tomall2

Awards
I've made Turnip fries almost the same way and they come out pretty good too. Peel and cut them into fries and prepare as above. I don't have an oil sprayer so I just used the canned olive oil spray. And I use garlic powder instead of salt. Tastes good either way. Turnip has less carbs and more protein than sweet potato.

NutritionData's Nutrition Facts Calorie Counter

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
thanks Rivet for your info..I will try that recipe. Where did you get the oil sprayer.

Some of those mega sized grocery stores or yuppy kitchen stores may carry them. But I got mine in a restaurant supply store. I love it :) The one I have is stainless steel wich costs only dollars more then the plastic ones.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I've made Turnip fries almost the same way and they come out pretty good too. Peel and cut them into fries and prepare as above. I don't have an oil sprayer so I just used the canned olive oil spray. And I use garlic powder instead of salt. Tastes good either way. Turnip has less carbs and more protein than sweet potato.

NutritionData's Nutrition Facts Calorie Counter
Pretty much anything root like will tastes great baked this way. I add garlic powder and even onion powder on occasion.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 3
Nutrition / Health 6
Sean1332 Recipes 39
tank316 Recipes 2
Recipes 20