Awards
  • Established
Im 22 Years old

Total Cholesterol 215 mg/dL
Triglycerides 128 mg/dL
HDL Cholesterol 48 mg/dL
VLDL Cholesterol 26 mg/dL
LDL CHOLESTEROL!!! 141 mg/dL

I have never used prohormones. I get plenty of exercise and never eat fast food. WTF!

DazzlinJack

Awards
  • Established
Just to let you know, margarine is much worse than regular butter. But "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" is better than regular butter. But what's better than the better butter is no butter at all.

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
That happened to me when I used Muscle Milk. Chol values came down after I gave it up. Think it's the MCTs in there.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
eating foods high in cholesterol (chips, eggs, etc.) close to a blood test will result in a spike of cholesterol values.

get them tested again and see if things have changed up a bit.

If you are worried and want something a littlle more immediate, start supplementing with fish oil capsules. This will help.

You may also want to try a naturual testosterone booster. Cholesterol is literally a pre cursor to testosterone. convert some of that mo-effing LDL to test.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Diet modification first - heed that advice of course.

Red Yeast Rice is an incredible supplement in my opinion. I lowered my cholesterol 84 points in 30days. I have not had to take it again either.

customnutritionwarehouse just put together a RYR supplement with some extra goodies.. it really looks solid - great price.

Custom Nutrition Warehouse : Red Yeast Rice Complex [120 Capsules] - $14.99

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established
Just to let you know, margarine is much worse than regular butter. But "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" is better than regular butter. But what's better than the better butter is no butter at all.
Simply smart butter and take control are clinically proven to improve lipid profiles.

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
eating foods high in cholesterol (chips, eggs, etc.) close to a blood test will result in a spike of cholesterol values.

get them tested again and see if things have changed up a bit.

If you are worried and want something a littlle more immediate, start supplementing with fish oil capsules. This will help.

You may also want to try a naturual testosterone booster. Cholesterol is literally a pre cursor to testosterone. convert some of that mo-effing LDL to test.
That's funny that you say that. Natural test boosters work really good for me. Major libido spikes and massive acne. haha. Does high LDL possibly mean that my test levels are high as well?

Im thinking about ordering some AI Cycle Support to help this situation.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Diet modification first - heed that advice of course.

Red Yeast Rice is an incredible supplement in my opinion. I lowered my cholesterol 84 points in 30days. I have not had to take it again either.

customnutritionwarehouse just put together a RYR supplement with some extra goodies.. it really looks solid - great price.

Custom Nutrition Warehouse : Red Yeast Rice Complex [120 Capsules] - $14.99
Bumpin Deo here, he's the Lipid Master :D

Original Poster, don't worry much man....you're okay! :)

-Cardio
-Plenty of good fats (80% of fat intake shoujld come from mono and polyunsaturated fats.
-Oats
-And again, read Deo's post.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I may be mistaken, but I don't know if CoQ10 will help anything but blood pressure?

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
In case you're not already aware, aside from the obvious factors, increased LDL levels can result from family history, hyperthyroidism, liver problems (cirrhosis, hepatitis, ect.), kidney problems, and alcohol.

Foods can affect levels for up to two weeks prior to testing.

In refference to lowering levels, aside from following the previous advice, if you want a very effective way to cut your LDL while increasing HDL than try Beta Sitosterol and also try to find a good Sterol complex.

One other thing to note if you are considering the use of butter, everything that is not real butter, contains garbage like partially hydrogenated soy or canola oil and even though the product may have taken the cholesterol issue out of the picture, it can cause further problems elswhere in the body down the road so just limit the use of real butter.

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
I ordered some RYR complex from CNW. Thanks for the link.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
One other thing to note if you are considering the use of butter, everything that is not real butter, contains garbage like partially hydrogenated soy or canola oil and even though the product may have taken the cholesterol issue out of the picture, it can cause further problems elswhere in the body down the road so just limit the use of real butter.
Agreed, however Smart Balance Light is a great alternative to butter. It's made from flaxseed oil and contains no hydrogenation. And it tastes great!!

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, however Smart Balance Light is a great alternative to butter. It's made from flaxseed oil and contains no hydrogenation. And it tastes great!!
Agreed. However, some saturated fats from products such as butter or coconut oil are of great benefit to the body and brain when ingested in small quantities daily.

But yeah.... I like Smart Balance as well.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed. However, some saturated fats from products such as butter or coconut oil are of great benefit to the body and brain when ingested in small quantities daily.

Most def. Not the least of which being Test production as it is based off cholesterol..Anywhoo I like to get my Sat.Fat content from sources that are also nutrient rich. Like Part-Skim Mozza for example.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established

WORD!