is there a specific order to out your foods in for the best absorption?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Obviously when you take a postrainign shake its all mixed into one ; however what about when you take in whole food...lets use this example;

chicken breast, sweet potatoe , broccoli and teaspoon of olive oil.

from my studies the carbs go in before the protein because the carbs go knock knock (the muscle is the door) - which opens the door so the protein can get in. The fat it really doesnt matter, or does it?

so my question is: is there a specific order to which foods go in first?

like should carbs in first then protein?

should fats go in first then carbs?

should protein go in first then fats?

i have been taking in carbs first then protein (and the fat doesnt matter, depending on what kind of fat- if its an 1/4 avacado i might take that in first -then my carbs , then protein) Like if its flax oil i might take the flax oil in between the carbs and protein.

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
as long as you are eating all three all at once your fine, or Pro/carb , pro/fat - same thing. If your eating your sweet potatoe 15-20 mins before (which I doubt you are) that would be the only negative - as that knock on the door would be answered then your sweet potatoe goes in and if you really waited 30 mins till your protein arrived then that door would be only half open soon on it's way to closing - almost using none of your protein. all 3 at once - order of consumption os not an issue if they are all consumed in the same sitting.

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
Years ago (back in the 90's), I recalled reading an article from one of the BB mags which said to eat your protein first. The reasoning was that the amino acids would enter your blood first. The study showed that eating carbs first would make you sleepy.

Anybody recall a similar article or study?

Gumbo

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i analyzed by myself and heard somewhere , somehow that eat the carbs first because it opens the muscles so protein can go in and rebuild the damaged tissue.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i analyzed by myself and heard somewhere , somehow that eat the carbs first because it opens the muscles so protein can go in and rebuild the damaged tissue.
Overthinking way too much.

NYhomeboy

Awards
  • Established
i'm still pretty sure that this is a joke