Poll: Do you wake up in the middle of the night to drink a shake?

Do you wake up in the middle of the night to drink a shake?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I am such a deep sleeper as it is. I don't even wake up to go to the bathroom. There is no way in hell I could imagine getting up and shaking the **** out of a blender bottle. I would most likely leave the biggest mess known to man and quite possibly drink bleach or something. I am so out of it in the morning, I couldn't imagine what it would be like in the middle of the night!

2. Quote Originally Posted by rake922 View Post
    Do you wake up for a protein shake then go back to bed?
    Hell no! That's what Casein is for.
    •   

3. the theory behind waking up and pounding a shake is good but sleep is way to valuable to me. I wish i could hook it up with an IV

4. I usually drink a casein protein shake before I go to bed, so there is no need to drink one

5. i recently invested in a nightcap zma and casein protein and i have not been waking up at night at all. when i do wake up in the morning i have to piss really bad. the better sleep has helped my training a great deal already, im hoping i continue to rest so well. i tried tryptophan pills and did not get any results but the zma doesnt necessarilly help me get to sleep but once im out, im out.

6. Why would you do that? EAt cottage cheese before bed, it takes roughly 6 hours to digest and if you mix if with fat then it take even longer. No need to interrupt sleep, it you have a good diet you'll have all the protein you need from daily meals. Sleep isn't a time where you use any energy so provided you get enough protein in the day 1 gram/lbs of bw you're fine.

7. Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    I would NEVER fall back to sleep if I did that.
    x365757

8. Quote Originally Posted by PowerlifterMB View Post
    Why would you do that? EAt cottage cheese before bed, it takes roughly 6 hours to digest and if you mix if with fat then it take even longer. No need to interrupt sleep, it you have a good diet you'll have all the protein you need from daily meals. Sleep isn't a time where you use any energy so provided you get enough protein in the day 1 gram/lbs of bw you're fine.

totally true and thats what I do------I add some fish oil in there or canola oil--- down it and bed....

in the ole days before whey the classic BBs------had to do this-- they relied alot on Cottage Cheese and its kinda tasty too-------yum

9. bulking phase yes,cuttin phase no.
  10. purebred

i would suppose good sleep would be much more essential than worrying about eating while you're sleeping. especially if you're attempting to gain weight it would be in your best interest to take care of your nutritional needs during your waking hours. bedtime means bedtime: time to recover and get bigger.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 05:53 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 02:00 AM
  3. What time do you wake up?
    By purebred in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 01:49 PM
  4. Who eat's in the middle of the night
    By NADDANME in forum Bulking
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 05:09 PM
  5. What do you eat in the middle of the night?
    By pcn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 10:38 PM