Alcohol and Drug Addiction Symptoms

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor

Thanks - I think that it is difficult for 'others' to understand that some of us 'did not see the light. We had to feel the heat.'

But the American Medical Association does understand that we have an illness, just like any other illness and to judge us based on "how could we do that to ourselves?" is harsh and I find myself resenting those that do not understand just how insidious the disease of Alcoholicm and Addiction can be and I just want to start spouting off .......

THEN - I stop, take a deep breath, express gratitude to my chosen Higher Power and I try to remember that Bill W. said:

Some day we hope that Alcoholics Anonymous will help the public to a better realization of the gravity of the alcoholic problem, but we shall be of little use if our attitude is one of bitterness or hostility.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I never could understand how people could let something like alcohol or other drugs take away their loved ones and ruin their own lives...Until I met my own demon that did the same thing.

You hear people use the phrase, "Live one day at a time" a thousand times if you've heard it once. Such a small, generic phrase. Also a phrase that has more meaning and power to those who have to use it.
  3. Registered User

Wow..I didnt realize there were so many recovering people on the board..I just celebrated my 4 years august 1st..
    I do still attend meetings and am active in the fellowship..

what are you guys thoughts on physical enhancement aids while being a recovering person..
    do you feel AAS would fall under tha category..I personally dont but I know many who would say other wise.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

personally, i think they do fall under that category. they can be done safely, but they require liver support, pct, ect. so my thinking is they are hard on the body while doing them, that is why they fall under that category. i drank and did cocaine for quite a while, and i survived and am heathier now then ever, and i can guarantee it's not from the coke. thats just my two cents.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Trenabol-X or T-1 Pro and drug testing
    By airtym in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 11:25 AM
  2. rubbing alcohol and new vial
    By rhatid in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-26-2003, 11:17 AM
  3. T1pro and drug tests
    By kranden in forum Anabolics