Blood Work and Hyperthyroidism

precious_roy

Awards
Hey All,

Well, I was going to give a mini report on the results of a recent NHA stack that I had ran for four weeks, complete with bloodwork. However, I am a retard and thought that the bloodwork I had ordered came with a hormone panel. But it didn’t. I will have to remember that for next time. However I must give a great thumbs up to Direct Labs. I got the results back with blazing speed (24 hours after blood draw). So good stuff.

On to the question. I have attached a copy of my bloodwork below and I think that I have developed a problem possibly related to the stack, or maybe unrelated. Not sure. For the last couple of weeks, I have had this feeling of a lump deep in my throat that seems a bit sore. Looking at the blood test I noted that my T3 uptake was high along with some out of range blood counts. I was wondering if you guys/gals think that I might have hyperthyroidism? If so, what do you do about that? Serious enough for a visit to the doctor?

Attachments

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There is no pain associated with a Goiter- which is what happens when you are HYPER, your test was just one digit over so Im confident it will go back to normal in a few weeks. But your liver and cholesterol are also high so you def need some PCT and body toxin cleanup!!!!

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ummmmm holy cow, I just realized your my neighbor!!!! Im in Canton!!!!

precious_roy

Awards
Canton? Awesome. What gym do you go to?

Well, this isn't a hormonal stack (NHA = rebound reloaded + activate) so I don't really know why my liver values are high. Maybe I am just naturally like that since I have no baseline to compare that to? Not sure. I'll have another one done in about a month for comparison.

My cholesterol level is naturally a bit high. Its slightly over normal (about 80-90 LDL usually) but nothing really that bad. It could be from the fact that I was taking an anti-estrogen (rebound reloaded) for a month which raised it. I was really more concerned about the thyroid thing since it seems to be mainfesting itself more physically.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I go to lifetime fitness on haggerty rd.

Yes, I would recommend a re-test in 4-6 weeks, have you tried annabolic innovations cycle cupport? they are on this website, its an awesome product for you to try out!

as far as your thyroid, if you look in the mirror and see your adams apple- which is your thyroid, does it appear swollen and or enlarged? harder to swallow, maybe trouble getting deep breaths? if this is true you should go to the doctor for a metabolic panel, its nothing to mess with, but your t4-tsh were all good, so Im wondering were you taking any extra t-3 ?

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Side Effects - Symptoms & Solutions
Thyroid Function Tests

What does the thyroid gland do and what is a thyroid function test?

Your thyroid gland is an important part of our metabolism, and our body's functioning. The thyroid gland controls metabolism, or energy derived from the foods that you eat, and maintains your normal body temperature, and heart rate. Your appetite and your digestive system will also be affected by your thyroid gland.

The thyroid gland is also important in muscle and bone development, as well as normal brain and nervous system functioning. The thyroid gland is located in the middle of your neck.

There are many thyroid hormones. Each has a different role. It all starts with iodide, a salt that is now found in most brands of table salt.

The iodide that you ingest is taken in by the thyroid gland. Here begins a complex hormone process:

Once converted to iodine, your serum T4, (called thyroxine) hormone is formed.
The thyroxine hormone is converted into a more potent or active form of hormone, your serum (blood) T3. This is also called triiodothyronine. These T4 and T3 hormones will circulate in your body, and regulate your metabolism.
Your FT4I (free thyroxine index) is another test used to measure your thyroid function. .
All of these thyroid function tests are all indicators of your thyroid gland function.
Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), is the most common test that is ordered if your healthcare provider thinks that your thyroid gland is not functioning properly. A gland, called the pituitary gland, secretes TSH. TSH is responsible for taking iodide out of your blood stream, and into your thyroid gland. TSH is also responsible for production of the thyroid hormone.
If you have an abnormally high or low TSH level, whether it is elevated or decreased, your healthcare provider may order serum (blood) T3 , serum T4, or FT4I tests. While there are many other tests that can be preformed, these are the most common tests for diagnosing hyperthyroid or hypothyroid, and the most specific indicators as to how well your thyroid gland is functioning.
Based on your laboratory values of your thyroid function tests, and your symptoms, your healthcare provider may decide whether or not to treat your disease, whether it be hyperthyroidism or hyporthyroidism.
In cases of hyperthyroidism, your TSH level will be decreased, because there is too much thyroid hormone in your blood. Your TSH levels will be decreased, if:
You have Grave's hyperthyroidism. This is the most common cause of hyperthyroidism. For many reasons, your body is producing too much of the thyroid hormone.
Your thyroid gland is too large, or you may have a thyroid tumor producing too much of the thyroid hormone
Your thyroid is infected, or inflamed, producing too much thyroid hormone (resulting in hyperthyroidism).
Your thyroid gland was injured, or removed, and you are taking too much thyroid hormone in a pill form, as a replacement.
In cases of hypothyroidism, the thyroid function test - TSH will be increased, because there is not enough thyroid hormone in your blood. Your TSH levels will be increased, if:
Your thyroid gland is not working as it normally should
Your thyroid gland is infected or inflamed, as in Hashimoto's thyroiditis, or autoimmune thyroiditis. This occurs when your body is attacking your thyroid gland, for some unknown reason. Thyroiditis can also be seen after pregnancy.
Your overactive thyroid gland was removed, and you are not taking enough hormone pills to replace the normal thyroid hormone that was lost, thus resulting in high TSH levels.
You may have a damaged thyroid gland.
Too much or too little iodide intake- Either you are not taking enough iodide in your diet, or you are taking too much iodide in your diet. Too much iodide will suppress the hormone production.
Certain medications, such as lithium (for a psychological condition, called bipolar disorder), or amiodarone (for heart rhythm abnormalities), may cause low TSH levels or hypothyroidism. Thalidomide, a drug that is used in many forms of cancers because of it's prevents new blood cell formation to tumor cells (anti-angiogenesis), may cause hypothyroidism with long-term use.
Radiation to the neck area may cause hypothyroidism (as in head and neck cancer)
Normal levels of thyroid hormones in thyroid function tests:

Normal Levels of Thyroid Hormones*

TSH 0.5-5.0 mU/L
T3 95-190 ng/dl
T4 5-11 µg/dl
FT4I 6.5-12.5

*normal values may vary from laboratory to laboratory

What are some key symptoms of hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism to look for?
If you have a hyperactive (over active) thyroid, you may notice these symptoms:
Weight loss, eye or vision changes.
Palpitations, rapid heartbeat, shakiness, sweating, feeling "hot"
Diarrhea, stomach and bowel abnormalities or anxiety
Insomnia (trouble sleeping), fatigue, weakness, or hair loss
An enlarged thyroid gland, or a goiter, may result
If you have a hypoactive (under active) thyroid, you may notice these symptoms:
Weight gain, depression, forgetfulness, decreased concentration or fatigue
Hoarseness, feeling cold or sluggish, hair loss, dry skin, round puffy face (seen with a severely depressed thyroid gland), or tingling in your hands/feet
High cholesterol, constipation, irregular or heavy menstrual periods in pre-menopausal women, low sex drive or infertility.
Things you can do about thyroid malfunction:

If you notice any of these symptoms, visit your healthcare provider for an examination. The diagnosis of hypothyroid and hyperthyroidinclude a history (your family and health history may place you at risk), physical examination, and key thyroid function tests. Sometimes, an ultrasound or the thyroid gland may also be ordered. There are treatments for each of these diseases. Follow your entire healthcare provider's instructions regarding laboratory testing for your disease, and follow up care depending on the results. .

Try to exercise. Make a daily walk alone, or with a friend or family member a part of your routine. Even light walking or aerobic activity may help you to promote the flow of oxygen in your lungs and blood (oxygenation), and make you feel better.
Follow a good diet. In general, increase your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables. Limit your intake of fats. Eat carbohydrates (such as sugars and pastas) in moderation.
Make sure you tell your doctor, as well as all healthcare providers, about any other medications you are taking (including over-the-counter, vitamins, or herbal remedies). These can cause interactions with other medications.
Remind your doctor or healthcare provider if you have a history of diabetes, liver, kidney, or heart disease.
Keep yourself well hydrated. Drink two to three quarts of fluid every 24 hours, unless you are instructed otherwise.
If you experience symptoms or side effects of your disease or therapy, especially if severe, be sure to discuss them with your health care team. They can prescribe medications and/or offer other suggestions that are effective in managing such problems.
Keep all your appointments.
Drugs that may be prescribed by your doctor to treat hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism:

If you have an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) your doctor or healthcare provider may prescribe:

Drugs to decrease your thyroid levels - may include Methimazole (Tapazole®), or propylthiouracil (PTU). These pills are used once a day, to decrease your thyroid hormone production. You may need to take this once a day, at the same time each day, for a year or longer, to treat your hyperthyroidism.
Propranolol - this is a medication to treat your hyperthyroidism. Also used to treat heart problems, including palpitations, it will decrease your resting heart rate.
If you are on any of these medications, you must follow your healthcare provider's recommendations, including medication schedule, and follow up visits.
If you have an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism) your doctor or healthcare provider may prescribe:

Levothyroxine: This is a synthetic form of a thyroid hormone that will normalize all of your thyroid functioning. It is given in a pill form. You may not see a change in your symptoms for 3 to 6 weeks. You may take this pill once a day, with or without meals.
You will be required to have periodic thyroid function tests particularly checking your TSH levels to monitor the effectiveness of your dose. Based on your condition, and when you were diagnosed, your healthcare provider will arrange a schedule that is right for you.
There are many drug interactions with the thyroid hormone. Make sure your tell all your healthcare providers what medications you are taking, so that your dose can be maintained at a "therapeutic" level.
Note: We strongly encourage you to talk with your health care professional about your specific medical condition and treatments. The information contained in this website is meant to be helpful and educational, but is not a substitute for medical advice.

precious_roy

Awards
I go to lifetime fitness on haggerty rd.

Yes, I would recommend a re-test in 4-6 weeks, have you tried annabolic innovations cycle cupport? they are on this website, its an awesome product for you to try out!

as far as your thyroid, if you look in the mirror and see your adams apple- which is your thyroid, does it appear swollen and or enlarged? harder to swallow, maybe trouble getting deep breaths? if this is true you should go to the doctor for a metabolic panel, its nothing to mess with, but your t4-tsh were all good, so Im wondering were you taking any extra t-3 ?
I thought about lifetime a while back since its open 24 hours and I need to lift at odd times. What are the dues like?

Actually, we are on the same page! I ordered some cycle support and started taking it today. It pretty much has all the supplements that I wanted to take, plus its a mix not pills which is nice.

So my adams apple doesn't appear swolen. However the feeling that I get related to this is like a sort of throat constriction. When I'm doing intense cardio it is harder to take deep breaths than normal, and at night if I'm sleeping in the wrong position I get a sort of sleep apnea (wake up feeling like its tough to breathe). And in reference to the longer description, I get occasional (maybe 2 times per week) odd heart palpitations where it feels like my heart is beating a slight bit faster for a second.

I've not taken any kind of supplements in a while besides creatine and this NHA stack, and I didn't even know what t3 was until I got this test back.

I am going to see my doctor in a week or so since hes on vacation now. Its been going on for a couple of weeks now and it seems to be getting a bit better since I stopped the stack, so I'm thinking its not like emergency room material. Thanks so much for the massive amount of information!