Blood in urine.. (( To much protein ?? ))

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DeerDeer
    A direct correlation means PROTEINURIA = FOAMY URINE which is NOT correct. It is in the differential but they are not pathognomonic. It is SOMETIMES seen tha tis what my point is. Just becuase one has foamy urine does not directly mean that there is proteinurai and vice versa.
    This is more helpful as know I understand your stance more correctly. So my info was not completely wrong but rather the implication of a direct correlation.
    Last edited by size; 08-16-2006 at 07:35 PM.

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.81%

however a state of muscle breakdown called rhabdomyolysis can lead to acute renal failure which usually resolves but on many instances can lead to permanent renal damage. Have him get taken care of ASAP.

Sometimes rhabdomyolysis can be a result of muscle trauma, commonly mentioned as a side effect of HMGCoA reductase inhibitors, ie: lipitor.
    can you enlighten us a little more on rhabdomyolysis?? Thanks.
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.85%

Quote Originally Posted by wildman536
    can you enlighten us a little more on rhabdomyolysis?? Thanks.
    Rhamdomyolysis is basically when your muscle breaks down and its byproducts hit the blood stream and flog your kidneys. It's generally toxic and can cause hematuria (blood in the urine) as was pertinent to the intial poster. Other conditions include trauma (which occurs in patients who have had bad accidents involving tons of muscle damage), seizures, alcohol induced, severe dehydration, chemical (ie Lipitor and other HMGred inhibitors, yes, theoretically compnents of RYR could cause this too) including cocaine, ampehtamines.

So how do we know someone has this? Basically you complain of musle cramps. You check any hard core bodybuilder any given day, his marker of rhabdo (of course with clinicla correlation) his CPK level would be above normal - which is what we look at.

What the heck do we do about this? Well, we hit patients with IV fluids, replace their electrolytes as needed and hope that the acute episode of renal failure is resolved with all the fluid. Of course we remove the offending agent if it is a chemical.

Also - I must reenforce that the best supplement one can take is water. Never underestimate its power and is essential for clearing your body of muscle breakdown byproducts.

Cheers!
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Good to have you on the board DeerDeer...
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.81%

Rhamdomyolysis is basically when your muscle breaks down and its byproducts hit the blood stream and flog your kidneys. It's generally toxic and can cause hematuria (blood in the urine) as was pertinent to the intial poster. Other conditions include trauma (which occurs in patients who have had bad accidents involving tons of muscle damage), seizures, alcohol induced, severe dehydration, chemical (ie Lipitor and other HMGred inhibitors, yes, theoretically compnents of RYR could cause this too) including cocaine, ampehtamines.

So how do we know someone has this? Basically you complain of musle cramps. You check any hard core bodybuilder any given day, his marker of rhabdo (of course with clinicla correlation) his CPK level would be above normal - which is what we look at.

What the heck do we do about this? Well, we hit patients with IV fluids, replace their electrolytes as needed and hope that the acute episode of renal failure is resolved with all the fluid. Of course we remove the offending agent if it is a chemical.

Also - I must reenforce that the best supplement one can take is water. Never underestimate its power and is essential for clearing your body of muscle breakdown byproducts.

Cheers!
    Thanks for the great response!! i ran across this thread simply because of a pain in my mid back on the rt side of my spine. It feels like more of a muscle cramp or a pull than anything else but is persistent and will not go away. Hoping that its not my kidney and looking very inquisitively at my urine everytime ive come to the conclusion that it is probally just a muscle problem. But do you think that if it was a kidney problem that there would be any other symptoms other than what i have stated? i do have a lower back disk problem and was trying to figure out if i am overcompensating on other areas of my back or whatnot. My urine is clear when i drink alot of fluids (mainly water) and the only time it is a yellowish color is when i wake up in the mourning. if you have any insight please let me know. Thanks

and sorry to hyjack the thread.
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.85%

Quote Originally Posted by wildman536
    Thanks for the great response!! i ran across this thread simply because of a pain in my mid back on the rt side of my spine. It feels like more of a muscle cramp or a pull than anything else but is persistent and will not go away. Hoping that its not my kidney and looking very inquisitively at my urine everytime ive come to the conclusion that it is probally just a muscle problem. But do you think that if it was a kidney problem that there would be any other symptoms other than what i have stated? i do have a lower back disk problem and was trying to figure out if i am overcompensating on other areas of my back or whatnot. My urine is clear when i drink alot of fluids (mainly water) and the only time it is a yellowish color is when i wake up in the mourning. if you have any insight please let me know. Thanks

and sorry to hyjack the thread.
    Lower back pain - could be disk vs muscular vs kidney

Highest on the list is something disk related as you have already mentioned that there is a preexisting issue already. This cna go hand in hand or have a muscular strain/pull superimposed so I will group these together. You could simply be having muscle spasms - that can also be alleviate with physical therapy or muscle relaxers (ie flexeril prescribed by your doctor).

As for kidney issues - you think about cva or costovertebral angle tenderness (the little area in your back where your ribs end just under you rlast rib next to the spine, where your kidneys rest) a doctor would make a fist and pound lightly on it to see if there is tenderness which would point to a urinary tract infection which is uslaly accompanied by dysuria or difficulty/burning on urination - really rare in men because of ht elenght of our urethras, girls totally get them more often. Lesser things could be small stones, renal cycts, abscess, ileopsoas strains - but again there is a very small chance it is anythign other than musculoskeletal.

The best reatemnt overall for back pain is rest. Shut it down for a while, strethc it out, ice it.

Sorry if it's messy just some off the cuff stuff as i sit and try to digest osme of this turkey. *hic*
  7. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.81%

thanks for the quick response!! hope your thanksgiving is going well. Im thinking that it is more musc/skel also simply because i am having no other symptoms (Thank God!!) but ill keep it all in mind and make sure i pay attention to it.
  8. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.05%

i cannot believe he's been on SD all year long... this is going to cause him irreversible damage.
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.99%

This is a pretty old thread... He has been off since I posted this, and he is back to normal, or from what he can tell he is anyway. He is still maintaining his gains, and looks large and ripped.:bb2: .

Similar Forum Threads

1. To much protein can cause more fat on the body
    By shaun16 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-07-2013, 05:09 PM
  2. Drug test reveals.....blood and protein in urine.....
    By waynaferd in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 07:54 AM
  3. to much protein?
    By at1010 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 07:16 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-04-2006, 03:55 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2006, 03:50 PM