John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok heres the deal- Supplements will work better if your PH blanace is in perfect balance , which is in between 6.7-7.2. You can purchases "ph stix " at any drug store to test this vital indicator!

If your pH is "off" , the absolute best way to adjust it is by taking Bragg's apple cider Vinegar! take 2 teaspoons in 12 ounces of water once in the morning and once again at night. This is very important and will make all your supplements work better.

------------
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR CURES

Apple Cider Vinegar, that wonderful old-timers home remedy, cures more ailments than any other folk remedy -- we're convinced! From the extensive reader feedback we've received over the past 6 years, the reported cures from drinking Apple Cider Vinegar are numerous: allergies (including pet, food and environmental), sinus infections, acne, high cholesterol, flu, chronic fatigue, candida, acid reflux, sore throats, contact dermatitis, arthritis,and gout. One reader reported that a shot of ACV saved him from going to the emergency room for heart pain. Apple Cider Vinegar also breaks down fat and is widely used to lose weight. It has also been reported that a daily dose of apple cider vinegar in water has soaring blood pressure under control in two weeks!

APPLECIDER VINEGAR ( ACV )- BENEFITS

For centuries, the benefits from cider vinegar to fight infection, promote digestion, fighting osteoporosis, have been well known.

Every home with dogs should have Apple Cider Vinegar. It has multiple uses for dogs: alleviating allergies, arthritis, establishing correct pH balance of the system.

One of the first goals on the way to great health is to restore the body's pH to the alkaline range. As nearly all chronic illness takes place in a body that has become acidic due to the gradual depletion of its mineral reserves, it is logical to check on the body's acid/alkaline balance and work towards maintaining it in the alkaline range. The state of the body's acid/alkaline balance can be easily measured by testing the urine using pH strips.

Added to the drinking water, ACV has shown to maintain the acid/alkaline balance of the digestive tract. To find your dog's pH level, get some pH strips at your local drugstore, first thing in the morning test your dog's urine. If the strip reads from 6.5 - 7.0, then your dog's system is what it should be. If the pH is higher, then the system is too alkaline, ACV can help to establish a correct balance.

Use a few drops in your dog's ears after cleaning to avoid ear infections. ACV can be used in the prevention of muscle weakness, arthritis, calluses on elbows and hocks and joints, pimples, and sore joints. It has also been shown to be useful in the prevention of bladder and kidney stones, bladder and kidney infections.

A dog with a correct pH balance is less likely to be bothered by fleas, black flies, ticks, and other external parasites. Less chance of ringworm, staph imfections, streptococcus, mange. If you are already experiencing these problems, dilute ACV with equal amounts of warm water and sponge onto your dog's coat.

You can also mix it up and add to a spray bottle and spray the coat. The ACV balances the pH of the skin and makes it less desirable to bacteria, bugs and infection. Not only that, but their coat is very soft and shiny. Bee and wasp stings, as well as itchy mosquito bites can be soothed by applying undiluted apple cider vinegar to the affected area.

INTERNAL BENEFITS:
EXTERNAL BENEFITS:

Rich in enzymes & potassium
Naturally support a healthy immune system
Helps control weight
Promotes digestion & ph Balance
Helps remove body sludge toxins
Helps maintain healthy skin
Helps promote youthful, healthy body
Soothes irritated skin
Relieves muscle pain from exercise

INTERNAL BENEFITS:

ACV is rich in enzymes and potassium. ACV is a natural antibiotic germ fighter, Fights E Coli and other bacterias. Apple Cider Vinegar is a good remedy for food poisoning and helpful in digestive upsets. ACV helps control and normalize weight, helps to improve digestion. ACV helps relieve arthritis stiffness. ACV removes body sludge and toxins.

EXTERNAL BENEFITS:

ACV helps to maintain healthy skin, promote youthful, healthy bodies. Soothes pain of sunburn, the itch from bug bites, and the sting from plants. ACV helps prevent dandruff, itching scalp, baldness, dry skin. ACV soothes tight aching joints, sore muscles.

Apple Cider Vinegar is proving very beneficial to people or animals with arthritis because it breaks down calcium deposits in the joints while remineralizing the bones. It has shown to be equally beneficial to dogs with hip dysplasia.

ACV is also effective for urinary tract infections and it lowers high blood pressure. In animals, it is helpful in skin and coat problems. It is helpful in replacing potassium depletion. Use one teaspoonful in the dog or cat’s drinking water daily as a healthy tonic. Two teaspoonfuls in a pint of water, for yourself. Drink a daily tonic of apple cider vinegar to help you keep the right pH balance in the urinary tract since the proper acidity creates an inhospitable environment for bacteria and yeasts that cause these infections.
Cranberry juice is also a well known home remedy for urinary tract infections. It prevents bacteria from attaching to the walls of the urinary tract.
Apples contain Vitamin C and flavonoids. Vitamin C helps with wound healing and in reducing the severity of colds and flu symptoms.

A new University of California-Davis Medical Center study shows that daily consumption of 12 ounces of apple cider or apple juice can reduce the risk of heart disease. And the benefits don’t stop there. A recent Cornell University study found that the antioxidants in apples also inhibit the growth of certain types of cancer cells.

ACV has been found to protect arteries from harmful buildup of plaque. Many heart attacks are caused by high fats and cholesterol in your blood. The fiber in ACV helps to absorb fats and cholesterol by expelling them from the body as waste materials. ACV is used to promote the health of veins and capillaries, it is also useful in assisting in the health of the heart. The potassium found in apple cider vinegar is also beneficial to the heart.

The dietary fiber in ACV is also helpful in controlling glucose levels in the blood.

Minerals like manganese, calcium, magnesium, silicon and iron develop bone mass and make them stronger. . Rich source of amino acids, vitamins and minerals.

Boosting the immune system and acting as a natural antiseptic and anti-biotic. Apple cider has acetic acid, plus ion-futynic lactic and propionic acids. It is the richest source of amino acids known.

Apple cider cannot cure cancer, buy it is a valuable to have around to help fight free radicals in the body. Beta-carotene, found in apple cider vinegar, is a powerful antioxidant, which helps to neutralize the free radicals formed in the body through oxidation. To prevent these free radicals, and to keep them in check, we need antioxidants to rid our body of these potentially dangerous compounds. Left alone free radicals have the run of our bodies, they damaging cells, which leads to degeneration. The pectin in apple cider vinegar adds fiber to the diet, a high fiber diet to help prevent cancer, especially colon cancer. Fiber binds with certain cancer causing compounds in the colon, and speeds up their elimination from the system.
Vitamins
Vitamin C
Vitamin E
Vitamin A
Vitamin B1
Vitamin B2
Vitamin B6
Provitamin beta-carotene
Vitamin P
Minerals and trace elements
Potassium
Calcium
Magnesium
Phosphorous
Chlorine
Sodium
Sulfur (the mineral - not the sulfa which some people are allergic to)
copper
iron
silicon
fluorine

Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar 32oz

Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar 32oz Organic, "With The Mother" Raw - Unfiltered - Aged in Wood Made from whole organic apples,aged in wood, Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar is raw, unfiltered,undiluted and contains no preservatives! Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine, in 400 BC treated his patients with natural apple cider vinegar for it's powerful cleansing, healing and germ fighting qualities. 1 gal jugs not available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar 16oz

Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar 16oz Organic, "With The Mother" Raw - Unfiltered - Aged in Wood Made from whole organic apples,aged in wood, Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar is raw, unfiltered,undiluted and contains no preservatives! Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine, in 400 BC treated his patients with natural apple cider vinegar for it's powerful cleansing, healing and germ fighting qualities. 1 gal jugs not available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apple Cider Vinegar - 200 tab

Apple Cider Vinegar was reported by Hippocrates, the father of medicine, to be as a powerful elixir and a naturally occurring antibiotic and antiseptic that fights germs. Ancient Egyptians, Romans and Greeks used it. And Apple Cider Vinegar is mentioned in the Bible as an antiseptic and healing agent. Apple Cider Vinegar is antibacterial and anti-fungal and gives the immune system a good boost. As a high potassium electrolyte balancer, it remineralizes the body and helps normalize the blood's alkaline acid balance. Apple Cider Vinegar is also a noted weight-loss aid.

Dynamic Health Labs Original Apple Cider Vinegar 16oz

Product Description: Apple cider vinegar is a solution of acidic acid produced by fermentation of apples. It consists of acid, water, and only relatively small quantities of minerals. Although, it does contain a fair amount of pectin, which has recently been identified as lowering cholesterol and may be the secret behind it is fat burning effects. The use of apple cider vinegar for the relief of arthritic stiffness and as a treatment for sore throats, acne, and other skin problems, high blood pressure, headaches, dandruff, sunburn, and elevated cholesterol levels has been around for ages. There have been claims to the effect that the ancient Egyptians who used apple cider vinegar for weight loss created the apple cider vinegar diet. Claims have been made that apple cider vinegar works as an aid in weight loss and fat burning. However, there is no substantial or believable scientific evidence to support this claim. During the diet craze of the 1970?s, proponents claimed that somehow a combination of apple cider, kelp, vitamin B-6, and lecithin tricked the body's metabolism into burning fat faster. Suggested Use: Dynamic Health Laboratories Organic Aloe Vera Juice offers you the rich benefits of the most potent part of the aloe plant. Whole Leaf Aloe Vera contains an abundance of advantageous components not found in most aloe gel filler products. Ingredients: Dynamic Health Laboratories Organic Aloe Vera Juice offers you the rich benefits of the most potent part of the aloe plant. Whole Leaf Aloe Vera contains an abundance of advantageous components not found in most aloe gel filler products.

Apple cider vinegar is used to detoxify various organs in the body together with the blood stream. It aids in blood oxidization thereby keeping it from becoming thick. Consumption of about 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water can restore natural clotting properties of blood.

Apple cider vinegar benefits those suffering from ear discharge and eczema. Apple cider vinegar is said to have miraculous effects on those suffering from hair loss by taking care of tissue salt deficiency. Apple cider vinegar has a potent supply of potassium that can help in remedying teeth decay and splitting of fingernails.

---now everyone says to take braggs (no i dotn work for bragsss) i dont take braggs because i didnt see it in the grocery store. I just take a regular brand apple cider.

juggernaut333

Awards
  • Established
so this will balance ideal ph of the body wether its high and needs to be lowered or low and needs to be raised?i would think most ppl are more acidic and need to get more alkaline.
im going to start adding this to my daily routine good post man!
so two teaspoons in a glass of water on empty stomach upon rising and then same sometime in pm?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vinegar also works a a glucose disposal agent. Taken post workout and with carb meals it aids in glycogen uptake

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so this will balance ideal ph of the body wether its high and needs to be lowered or low and needs to be raised?i would think most ppl are more acidic and need to get more alkaline.
so two teaspoons in a glass of water on empty stomach upon rising and then same sometime in pm?
yeah itll balance ph levels. It also claims to have a million other benefits. I wouldnt take it on an empty stomach because it almost gags me. id take it with food. i take it once every couple of days.I have noticed i feel better since taking it.
cool 5150 i didnt know that. Thanks for the additional information.Might have to try that onetime. like mix it with honey or something the taste alone --yuck

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Love me some vinegar. Shot of vinegar is just as stout as a shot of jack, chase it :)

thagman

Awards
Love me some vinegar. Shot of vinegar is just as stout as a shot of jack, chase it :)
What I do is mix the ACV with a Crystal Light type drink. With this method, you won't taste the vinegar. It's definitely beneficial and I take a shot of it with just about every carb meal.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Premix a 1:1 ratio of lemon juice (citric acid) and vinegar (acetic acid). Swig a big mouthful of it post workout.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
OK, so I'm trying it. It's dirt cheap so why not?

I have noticed a small increase in energy level throughout the day, particularly right after drinking a dose. Tastes gnarly even in OJ, but is doable.

So far, I liken the effects to the energy boost I get from a packet of Emergen-C, only the ACV seems to last longer.

We'll see if it can tackle my acne in the long run.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do a search (or I will when I get home) at M&M for a Vinegar thread by Spook. Very very intelligent discussion about the aspects of acetic acid and citric acid regarding glycogen transport.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
B is right, lots of info in the vinegar article. I will find it..

vinager - Mind and Muscle Forums

Truly miss Karl's insights. RIP .. Anything the man wrote is gold.

Thagman, you take all the fun out of it :D

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Premix a 1:1 ratio of lemon juice (citric acid) and vinegar (acetic acid). Swig a big mouthful of it post workout.
I dont mean to get too technical here b5150 but cant citric acid effect creatine absorption? (if your taking creatine of course) - just a thought i dotn want to get into a big debate and theory proving here.

regardless i came to the conclusion apple cider vineger is good for you and i will take it postraining. i like it

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey, NO ! Never take apple cider vinegar on an empy stomach , its too acidity. Take right after you finish your meal, mis it in a cup of water. I have found if i take ACV , Apple Cider Vineger, for a few days i seem to drop weight. I now take it once every so often to balance PH levels, and if i want to drop a few pounds , give it 5-3 days before the date you want to look your best on. So i dont take it every day, like i should lol, i take it every so often, and try to get it at least once a week, and esp use it at times when i really think i need it.or want to drop a few lbs.

I like to take it after a whole food meal.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
good post.. been taking Bragg's for a while now. "With The Mother"

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Been using for a while too. Not getting any fatloss that I can see, but I use it about every day mixed with an Emergen-C packet and wow, does it give a nice sustained energy boost. Just feel better overall which is nice.

It is indeed, a good cheap supplement.

juggernaut333

Awards
  • Established
if it alkalinizes the body ph how is it acidic?
does everyone take it with food and none on an empty stomach?just curious

Hey, NO ! Never take apple cider vinegar on an empy stomach , its too acidity. Take right after you finish your meal, mis it in a cup of water. I have found if i take ACV , Apple Cider Vineger, for a few days i seem to drop weight. I now take it once every so often to balance PH levels, and if i want to drop a few pounds , give it 5-3 days before the date you want to look your best on. So i dont take it every day, like i should lol, i take it every so often, and try to get it at least once a week, and esp use it at times when i really think i need it.or want to drop a few lbs.

I like to take it after a whole food meal.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It means it's kinda like an active culture. There are chains of aminos produced in the fermentation process that are supposedly responsible for numerous health benefits.

I have been taking mine on an empty stomach with no issues, in fact it seems to perk me up faster that way.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
bioman is right Juggs. :)

and yeah, empty stomach.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
OK, so I'm trying it. It's dirt cheap so why not?

I have noticed a small increase in energy level throughout the day, particularly right after drinking a dose. Tastes gnarly even in OJ, but is doable.

So far, I liken the effects to the energy boost I get from a packet of Emergen-C, only the ACV seems to last longer.

We'll see if it can tackle my acne in the long run.
Do you notice it warming you up? I start sweating like mad for about 45 minutes everytime I take a swig of ACV.

If you guys like ACV, you should try some raw Kombucha. More expensive but quite potent. But it must be raw. Pastuerizing kombucha defeats the purpose.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Haven't noticed a temp change although it's been pretty chilly here. My sweat smells different though..in case you wanted to know. lol

I have to say that my skin is clearing up quite a bit and it may be attributable to the ACV. If it can get rid of my cystic acne, then it's worth it's weight in gold.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
rampage, I take my pants off whenever i damn well please. My next updated avy is going to be of my glutes.

I don't think my sweat smells different... but then again, it would make sense eh Bioman?

Good stuff, I actually like the taste.

I think I've posted enough in this thread though. peace!

ryano

Awards
  • Established
A shot of ACV is good for heartburn as well.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
A shot of ACV is good for heartburn as well.
As counter intuitive as it is, but you're right. Funny thing, most heart burn is caused by carbs, especially the mixture of alkaline carbs with acidic meats (too common in America). Causes your stomach to "overproduce".

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didnt like the taste at first but now its alright. Kind if refreshing in a way.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We're going to pick up some HCA and hopefully some Sodium Acetate, and a few members at M&M are going to play with some of the recommendations from the (in)famous vinegar thread.

juggernaut333

Awards
  • Established
and what are u guys using fora dose.tsp?tb?for the overall health props and for the alkalinization props?

also wanted to ask about what was mentioned above causing heartburn.mix of red meat and alk. carbs? what are considered alk carbs?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I take 2 tablespoons worth per day..usually sipped over a period of 6-8 hours

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In my ongoign research I have recently found out that ACV juiceswollowed on a regular basis can cause your teeth enamel to come off. There are a few solutions...here are some

Brush your teeth after SCV use...(liquid)

Some say braggs brand doesnt cause the enamel to come off your teeth because it doesnt have sugar in it. something about ones that have sugar in them cause this; although No sugar context is listed(?)

maybe thats why braggs is popular. Regardless ACV is an effective supplement in balancing PH levels with-in normal range, weightloss, and a whole many more benifits. Arnold used to drink gallons of this stuff ive heard.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
From using it over the last 6 months or so, I have noticed that it along with 30,000 iu of vitamin A and consistent use of Liv 52 have cleared up my chronic cystic acne better than anything else I have used thus far..and I've used it all...anti B's, accutane, topicals et cetera.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone notice is effecting creatine aborption?

I think to take it seperate from creatine.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I've added CEE to it and nothing unusual happened to me that I can tell. lol

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
About the tooth enamel thing. Are you sure it's from sugar not the acid? I heard you should not brush your teeth after drinking things like citrus juice or pop because those drinks soften the enamel. So if you brush your teeth right after you are risking scraping off enamel, not protecting it. I think the best thing to do would be to just rince your mouth out with water after drinking the ACV.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have read that it is best to rinse your mouth with water after drinking ACV or lemon juice.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just bought Braggs ACV. Braggs is the only one Ive found in my research that doesnt eat the enamel off the teeth.

Originate

Awards
i've been taking acv as a supplement on and off for a year of so now,and when i was taking it regularly,i noticed a disctinct craving for salt.i assumed it was because of the potassium in the acv,has anyone else noticed this?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i've been taking acv as a supplement on and off for a year of so now,and when i was taking it regularly,i noticed a disctinct craving for salt.i assumed it was because of the potassium in the acv,has anyone else noticed this?
No. But will start paying attention.